Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Fellowship of the Unashamed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Fellowship of the Unashamed

[b]The Fellowship of the Unashamed[/b]

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made--I am a disciple of His. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, worldly-talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean in His presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer and I labor with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, hired away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, give up till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes my banner will be clear!

I BELONG TO JESUS AND I’M PART OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE UNASHAMED!

- Author unknown

2006/5/2 22:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: The Fellowship of the Unashamed

This is a keeper! Appreciate you posting this profound piece.

ginnyrose

2006/5/2 22:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This article is in a series of other articles that are calling me to more of a revolutionary devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to get radical for God and allow our volition, will, mind, and all of our capabilities are fit and usuable in the master's hand.

2006/5/2 23:05Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

I REFUSE TO BE DISCOURAGED

I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
and I am on His team.

He is all wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same.

My God knows all that's happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.

When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.

When circumstances threaten
to rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.

And when my heart melts within me,
and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.

The great "I AM" is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The "Son of the Lord" is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.

I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me,
as through this life I trod.

I'm looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love.

I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory is mine;
He'll help me win the race.

Author Unknown

2006/5/3 8:33Profile
rookie

Re:

There seems to be alot of "I" in this thought.

This reminds me of this Scripture...

Neh. 10:28 Now the rest of the people—the priests, the Levites, the gatekeepers, the singers, the Nethinim, and all those who had separated themselves from the peoples of the lands to the Law of God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, everyone who had knowledge and understanding— 29 these joined with their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse and an oath to walk in God’s Law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and His ordinances and His statutes:

These people entered into the "curse."

I know your intention is good, yet it is the glory of the Lord that causes one to walk the narrow path...only the Lord can convince you of this fellowship.

God Bless
Jeff

2006/5/3 12:23Profile

Not wishing to sound like a wet blanket here.... Each statement made by the writer, is the antidote to some aspect of his (or her) current/previous thinking.

It reminds me of a prayer quoted by Derek Prince, made by his wife at one stage when she was getting settled in Jerusalem (Appointment in Jerusalem).

On the surface, it whips up our enthusiasm, but for some brethren, some of these traits may be [i]normal[/i], and instead, they need to learn the 'be still and know that I am God' lesson.

As long as we can personalise the writer's spirit of commitment to God and his rejection of the things which interfere with our relationship with Him, good. But, we need to remember that God [u]is[/u] [i][b]with[/b][/i] us. He is [i][b]for[/b][/i] us.

[i][b]We[/b][/i] each have to face [i]whatever[/i] would make us [i]feel[/i] ashamed of Christ, and reject it, knowing there is a profound paradox in departing from the natural flesh life, (Rom 9:4 - adoption, 2 Cor 5:16), crossing over to His side, (as John did in Acts 4 between vv 6 and 12) putting off the 'old man' and putting on the 'new man' (Col 3:8 -10).

Whatever the individual hang-up, there is no stereotypical way of dealing with it. We each have to lay hold on God for our own deliverance, and hold on to that deliverance until it becomes an instinctive part of how we deal with that area of our living.

This is the only way I've found that [i]really[/i] makes a difference.

2006/5/4 6:03
rookie

Re:

Sister Dorcas wrote:

Quote:
We each have to face whatever would make us feel ashamed of Christ, and reject it, knowing there is a profound paradox in departing from the natural flesh life,

Yes!

Psa. 119:5 Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!
6 Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments.
7 I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
When I learn Your righteous judgments.

This is the essences of our walk with our Lord. In that walk the Holy Spirit will show us the intents of our heart. If we never experience this aspect in our "Life," we might best be described by this section of Scripture...

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:
“My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

Heb. 12:7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

All sons are chastened, if not you are illegitimate and not sons...

Very strong words here...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/4 16:23Profile
roadsign

Re: lofty aspirations

Quote:

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, hired away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, give up till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes my banner will be clear!

In my younger years I would have said, "Amen, that's for me." But then God devastated me for a period of my life, and I could barely utter a prayer, hold my Bible, or say an intelligent word. I felt like God had thrown "me "into the mud". Job 30:19

I now hesitate to make any such promises about myself, because I have had too many experiences in which I failed to maintain my own high expectations.

A hymn says, "Prone to wander Lord, I know it.."

I believe those many times of testing were all of the Father - his discipline - keeping me aware of my need for him, keeping me reliant on him.

I have decided to follow Jesus.
The world behind me,
The cross before me.
No turning back

Diane

2006/5/4 22:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy