SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : FEATURED SERMON: "Seek My Face" by Richard Owen Roberts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Richard Owen Roberts - Seek ...

Hi Ricky,

Send me an email if you need some more help with this. I think there is an old posting around here on how to go about this as well. Be glad to help.

2006/5/8 9:26Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re: Richard Owen Roberts - Seek ...

you can also download the audacity program.

I have used it to cut up leonard ravenhill sermons before, and it works great. You can even make comps on it.

2006/5/8 9:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Richard Owen Roberts - Hear

I hope I can adequately express how important I feel these messages are. Made a correction\edit to the messages leading up to the featured sermon. It appears there are 4 in total, 3 that lend a great deal of direction towards what may be said is a culmination in the fourth; "Seek My Face".

There is a great deal I wish to say about all this but first, the man himself. Richard Owen Roberts is likely the most knowledgeable living man on the planet in regards to revival. He has spent I believe close to 50 years in dedication to the subject. By his own humble estimation, whatever may be said, he does own the largest collection of works of revival related material.

But this is almost an aside to the man and his heart. He is both forthright, strong and compassionate. A man of convictions and understanding, Gods man. To hear him invite the audience to interrupt him (politely), his now present concern 'For the little ones' and his greatest moments of joy through his long years being those times of God's manifest presence ...

I think there is great deal of misunderstanding about what revival is, why we ought to be seeking for it, what history could teach us and just how well Mr. Roberts brings out the distinctions. He develops this very well in showing for instance the difference between a "Word" centered revival and a "Experience" focused revival. Not that either is without the other, but the centrality.

In times past here we have attempted to emphasize a need for praying for revival. I recall signing such a covenant of sorts quite awhile ago. There was a sting of conviction that in all honesty I must admit I have neglected this, been distracted by other things and not given my prayers to what is so greatly needed in our time and for the church's sake, beyond that and of utmost importance for the Lord's sake, His honor and Glory.

Oh I would hate for that to sound only abstract and just like so many polished words. Listening through these messages has convinced me of a number of things and why it is evident that we need just what he emphasizes; A "Word" centered revival in this generation and that we must come to a place of humbling ourselves before the Lord even before our praying. He is right when he states that the world is looking at the church with contempt, that Christianity is seen as outdated and of little use and if we were more honest about it, by and large, could we blame them? They see division and bitting one another, bitterness amongst ourselves or some shallow, glib, flagrant display of entertainment based, self-seeking "what's in it for me" construct ...

Oh, I am not on a tangent here but I believe there is such a great deal of misrepresentation of a God that is all powerful, Holy, full of compassion and mercy and yet He is not reverenced is so much of this day's thinking. The display of His power in judgment and righteousness, just who it is we have to deal with in all aspects of our thinking and in our hearts.

By and large it seems to me the trouble with the church in this day is that it has been taken over by Christians and not by humbling ourselves under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I do not think we realize just how much we truly need God's help to do Gods work Gods way. We need desperately a visit of God's power on His Church.
May we pray for it, may He send it.

Please, give these messages a listen. He expounds on this so well, so accurately and with a true compassion and understanding.

2006/5/8 10:08Profile

Re:

I AM SO SO SO GLAD that a lot of my brothers and sisters have found him...I know,this brother had a strong STRONG influence upon a question that I had about salvation....I have never found anybody that was able to articulate it like him...oh and his humility...i remember, the first time i heard his message,(about 1yr ago), i wept and wept...something when he said, "I HAVE A WORD FROM THE LORD" just struck so deep inside...these days it's hard to come across somebody that would say that and your heart starts to throb...one question i have though...how come we only have three or four of his messages? and he is still alive...too..praise GOD

2006/5/8 13:39

Re:

I AM SO SO SO GLAD that a lot of my brothers and sisters have found him...I know,this brother had a strong STRONG influence upon a question that I had about salvation....I have never found anybody that was able to articulate it like him...oh and his humility...i remember, the first time i heard his message,(about 1yr ago), i wept and wept...something when he said, "I HAVE A WORD FROM THE LORD" just struck so deep inside...these days it's hard to come across somebody that would say that and your heart starts to throb...

2006/5/8 13:52
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: FEATURED SERMON: "Seek My Face" by Richard Owen Roberts

Very strong and pointed message. I needed to hear it and need to seek the Lord for His manifest presence again.

Brothers, this is a needed message. It was for me anyway.

2006/5/10 22:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is it possible for someone to split this message so it can be put on CD's?

Brother Ricky, I will work on this God willing very soon and have them posted on SermonIndex and put the links in this forum.

Quote:
I do not think we realize just how much we truly need God's help to do Gods work Gods way. We need desperately a visit of God's power on His Church.

Amen brother Mike! truly the message that Owen Roberts brings is stepped in experience and knoweldge of the subject. We have started another prayer group here on campus specifically for spiritual revival on the campus. I have also read recently a book called "Come, Down Lord" by Roger Elsworth. It has had me pleaded Isaiah 64 for revival in our day.

Quote:
seek the Lord for His manifest presence again

God had given me this scripture for the last prayer meeting: Judges 2:10 "knowing not the Lord, nor the works of the Lord." We don't know God as we should! and we don't know His true apostolic workings! Oh for heaven sent revival that we can know God and see Him working.

2006/5/13 18:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy