SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Dry, Destitute and a sinner

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Dry, Destitute and a sinner

I missed church and have been arguing in my head the state of how the child protection act is in part the goverment taking control of the churches.
I feel as a christian emptied of all love and feel like the worst sinner and driest.
If a desert was deviod of all water that is how I feel like.
I want all my relationships with people to be godly and forgive but I am angry at things and I want god to be the judge of my sin and other sin. I want to bless people but need to work and have been struck with ilness and are so weak at the moment.
With my university work and my future in vain. I do not have a clue what I am going to do.
I just need prayer and feel selfish in even asking this.

2006/5/1 11:37Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re: Dry, Destitute and a sinner

Brother,

It saddens me to see you so low. Do not be in despair, the Lord our GOD is with you at all times. You look around and say, "where are you GOD, I do not see you when I look beside me." But he is not beside you. HE is carrying you.

Rely on Christ our Lord. Ask him for deliverance and HE will come to you. Do not feel bad about asking for prayer, that is what fellowship is all about. We are here as your Brothers and Sisters to pray for you and Love you in Christ. You will be in our prayers.

As for the Judgment, Brother, do not worry for the Judgment of all fast approaches. Soon all will be held accountable at the Judgment Seat and Great White Throne.

It is obvious to me that what you feel is thirst. You thirst for the Lord. How terrible it may seem right now that it is not yet satisfied, but it is the best feeling in the world. You know that you need GOD, and only good can come from that need. Because from that need you will seek GOD out to with GOD.

Rejoice Brother, the Lord may be calling you to seek his face. Draw close to HIM and his Glory so that you might drink, and thirst yet some more.

Prayerfully,
Scroggins

2006/5/1 12:25Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Deltadom,

I really appreciate your honesty in your posting. All I can say is those that hunger and thirst for righteousness will be filled. And it sounds to me as though you are thirsting. Another thing is "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. You said you are feeling weak. It seems to me you are at the perfect place to fellowship with Christ. You are thirsting and feeling weak, what a time to throw yourself at his feet and ask him to restore you.

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God you will not despise.

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

In regards to being angry about sin and the sin of others, I am reminded of Genesis 18:25 "Will the Judge of all the earth not do right?

Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

I know it is not easy to have this attitude in the midst of suffering. But we should rejoice in being counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.

I want you to say this over again "I want all my relationships to be Godly and forgive". Stop there and forget the but. Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Never feel ashamed in asking for prayer. Paul constantly encouraged the churches to pray for one another.

By the way I have been there, do not lose hope my brother! We must keep our eyes on the prize.
We run a race for a crown that does not spoil!

In Christ,

Murray

2006/5/1 13:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy