SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Love is corrective

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Love is corrective

Jud 1:21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And on some have mercy, who are in doubt;
Jud 1:23 and some save, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to guard you from stumbling, and to set you before the presence of his glory without blemish in exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 to the only God our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and power, before all time, and now, and for evermore. Amen.

I read the other thread of an individual who logged in as anonymous. As the thread quickly turned this way and that, to no real edification, than eventually got locked, I thought I would like to make an observation for my brothers and sisters here to consider.

Some threads are just not worth adding to. As to the sermons being old on this site? The Word of God says to seek the Old Paths, that's good enough for me.
Broad generalizations are generally made by individuals who are either new to Christ and lack wisdom or set down for the purpose of an example being all inclusive without being specific to any one person or group. Eventually that thread turned to being very counter to the nature of God. Note the proper balance Jude applies to saving the unsaved---the backslidden---those in error---- note words like "some".
There's a proverb that I often quote to my children, where there is no wood the fire soon goes out. The time in history is late, Jesus is coming, don't let anyone rob you guys of your reward and or make you to stumble in this late date. Rember what Jesus said, one of the marks for the end times would be that many would be offended, lack of love, brother against brother, etc... Remind yourselves of these things and "Keep yourselves IN the Love of Christ", God Bless you all.

2006/4/29 12:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Love is corrective

Probably as good as a place to make mention of this as any...

The "anonymous" users are those that have been recently removed from participation here due to conduct and comment.

2006/4/29 12:11Profile

Re:

maybe the wrong places to say this..but it seems harsh on annie, she was only responding to someone surmising about blowing up the vatican,what type of witness is that!!seems about as inline with a God hates fag loon..
annies fruits have been very evident and she's always spoken out of love..strikes me she should of been given some slack compared to this guy who hit the ground runing with is angry post..my 2 cents if it was wrong to stand up for a sister well sorry she family
andy

2006/4/29 15:21
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I think that we need to be reminded that the purpose of this site is to propogate and spread genuine biblical revival and see people's hearts changed into the image of Christ. The discussion boards are mostly supposed to be a reflection of this and discussions on the sermons themselves. Of course there are tangents etc, but people that will come on here and abuse this liberty will be asked to leave. It's not a discussion board for everything "christian".

2006/4/29 15:32Profile
pastorfrin

Re:Everything "christian"

Greg,
With all 'due' respect, is that not the point.
If this is not a christian site, then may I ask
what kind of site is it? If it is a christian
site, then is it not the responsibility of mature
christians to protect the TRUTHS of GOD'S WORD?
It seems the response to head this whole thing
off in the beginning, was less than adequate.
There was no doubt, from there very first post,
where these guys were coming from.
I must agree with Andy that an injustice has taken place, especially, seeing that the moderaters were lax in doing there jobs.
It is His Love and Truth that must be promoted,
not any man or his sermons.

His Will Be Done,

pastorfrin

2006/4/29 17:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Behavior

pastorfin,

Actually, would agree with you.
Hope this might be taken in the way it is to be intended... We should have dealt with a number of these things quite a bit earlier. There is a balance in trying to allow time for correction, reconsideration, apologies, forgiveness, reconciliation, what have you. We may have to become perhaps quicker in dealing with those who are unruly.

Oftentimes it is only a matter of particular, specific conduct that is being addressed regardless of the content under discussion. That doesn't make a justification for derogatory comments, divisive or factioning conduct, accusations or making oneself obnoxious as a few of the recent users have done.

Whether an injustice has been done I do not know.
Trying to correct conduct and comment and having it misconstrued as personal is unfortunate, just as the many ways things are taken this way even in discussion where amongst Brethren there is evil speaking towards each other and a great deal of defending that which is indefensible.

To look at this another way, what all is available here is freely given, free to download, free to read, free to discuss openly, free to come or go, free even to criticize if it can be accomplished without tearing at each other with our words. The attempt is to place some parameters around the liberty given as this has grown and more and more people come through.

It may be that if there is an injustice it would be in the abuse of privilege that this forum presents to any and all that wish to converse here.

[i]"You do not need a police force in a perfect State; you do not need law if there is no lawlessness. The very giving of the Law, Paul says, is only another proof that in this matter of sin Jews are no better than other people. 'By the law sin is manifested.' I have spoken of the Police Force: the very presence of a policeman says that there is wrong in the world; the very presence of the law means that there must be lawlessness."[/i] ~ T. Austin Sparks

2006/4/29 20:14Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

In a time such as this with Brothers against Brothers, Sons and Daughters against Mothers and Fathers, Sisters against Sisters, and all of us against GOD, it is sometimes needed to use a harsh word or two. GOD does not speak lightly to those who would ignore what he has to say, whether it be through another Brother or Sister or not.

I believe that the gentleman in the post that I have observed about the "anti-christ" claims was very much so in the wrong in the way he went about things. Not to excuse the other parties, for I do also believe things could have been handled a bit better. But none the less I feel that the actions taken were indeed too harsh (of action) on all parties. As Moderators (not needing to be told this but only a statement to re-affirm) you are to act as neutral parties as much as possible. But I also urge you to step in at the will of GOD and by affirmation of the Holy Spirit.

What has been done are possibly two things that I feel are going to weigh in heavily on your minds. One, parties that observe the actions are going to be turned away, possibly damaging thier growth and walks in the Lord. Two, people new to faith will observe the actions around them and thus be damaged, by being turned away without correction by a Brother or Sister in the Holy Spirit, or By belief in what the person or persons that are incorrect have said, thus damaging their walk with the Lord our Christ as well.

The key aspect to correction within this community is not as much the militant enforcement of the rules, but rather CORRECTION by the leading of the Holy Spirit. We are to love eachother as Christ loved us. And by that love correct our Brothers and Sisters that may be in the wrong.

Do not misunderstand what I have said. Do not faulter in what you may say if lead by the Holy Spirit. Stand firm and deliver GOD's word onto the body.

Brothers and Sisters, I tell you this separation within the body is sensless and leads to no gain of glory of GOD. BE AWARE, IF YOU CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE BODY, YOU WILL SEE OF IT AT THE JUDGMENT SEAT! So turn to your Brothers and Sisters, answer in Love, even when firm in word make clear that you offer no offense. Do not allow the flesh that stands before you and GOD to stand before another and GOD. If you do you WILL see it at the Judgment Seat.

In Christs Love,
Scroggins

2006/4/29 20:25Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Dear Greg and Mike,

I have alot of respect for you guys and your judgments. I am often moved by many of your posts and your genuine love for the Lord and the brethren here.

I have to say this about Annie. I don't know her outside of this forum but I do know she loves the Lord and LOVES contributing to this site. She has shown me alot of love in her posts and I find her caring very encouraging in my walk.

I prayerfully hope that you reconsider reinstating her membership. Her heart is in the right place and I know she is devastated by this turn of events. Please pray about it and seek the Lord in this matter.

In Love,

Murray

2006/4/29 20:32Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I think the Mod's do a great job especially considering some of the threads they have had to deal with lately "Great! job Greg and Mike", I personally would not want to have their job. I do know there have been a lot of folks here given a lot of grace lately "disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency" and at times we "all" need our personal portion of that here, but I also think there should be a zero tolerance to personal attacks or name calling and to some grace was even provided for that, a lot of grace.

At what point do you say enough? after 100 new members have seen these kind of posts and think man this is a cool forum at least they allow you to really vent your feelings and speak your mind even if you are a Christian, is this the type of forum we want I don't. I personally think this is the best Forum "period" on the Internet and to be the best and keep it that way decisions have to be made that a lot of folks will not agree with, but when the integrity of any business or forum or etc. is compromised the only place to go is down and hopefully all that visit here are looking to go up.

When I first joined not long ago 99% of the posts here were edifying and "that" is why I joined yes we "all" have our opinions here and that's ok but "no one" deserves to be degraded or called names because of an opinion, and if someone can't deal with an opinion in a Godly manner on any thread, well I feel personally they should not participate in that thread because we all know were that will lead to, bashing and tearing down of the body, and I personally feel if someone does do this when they could have just let it be and post in the many others threads here that are edifying they are doing it intentionally, especially when in the beginning they know they have a choice.

No there probably is no silver bullet to correct some of the debates here when they start getting carried away especially some here lately, but I do think that our Mod's do the best they can and Brothers and Sisters I sure would not want to be in there shoes, so instead of tearing them down we "all" need to be lifting them up and letting them know how much we do appreciate the job they do here, don't you do a better job at work or at home or anywhere when folks are lifting you up? they deserve the same.
God Bless You Greg and Mike and may God continue to Bless you with all the wisdom needed to make your calls here.
Brother Bill

2006/4/29 21:39Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Well said Mr. Bill

I believe they do in fact do an amazing job at what they must do. They do have some of the most wonderful edifying things to say and wonderful insight into the Lord. I do not disagree that this may have been needed more than I may have known, but rather I offer just an alternative thought to think of to not be too hasty. I do not doubt that this was not a hasty move on their behalf, but sill just offer food for thought. GOD bless you all and thank your for this wonderful gift of a site.

In Christ's Love,
Scroggins

2006/4/29 22:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy