Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joseph's Coat of Many Colours

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi NewAuthor,

I was speaking figuratively since they told Joseph's father that he was dead. For all intents and purposes, Joseph was really dead, even though he was not. But his father always believed he was really dead. Jesus said, when you hate someone you commit murder. Why? Because when you hate someone you will act like they do not even exist. In your heart you have murdered them. His brothers never repented while they were apart from Joseph and kept up their deception towards their father that Joseph was dead.
Now with Jesus, His body actually was killed and all His disciples thought He was dead, but He really was not. As far as the father was concerned, Joseph WAS dead.

Again, Joseph being sold to the Midianites as a "slave to sin", is typology. It was not figurative that he was sold as a slave, just typology of "slave to sin", since he was no longer a FREE man.

I'm glad you started this and have enjoyed it. And there is still more to uncover.

I would actually like to post what I think the coat of many colors represents, but I am still working on that.

Thank you,
Pilgrim

2012/2/12 17:18Profile
NewAuthor

Re: To Pilgrim

Hi, it is good to hear your clarification here. Yes, Jacob did think that his favorite son was dead. In 'Beyond the Colorful Coat' the author points out 4 things that have made me to realize that things we see in the natural are not the way things are at all. I quote, "Jacob believed the facts" (the blood-stained, torn coat) "The brothers gloated over the facts. Joseph was tested by the facts. God was in control of all the facts." An explaination follows stating that all the facts were needed...You are right, Pilgrim...there is so much to uncover. Let me know what you come up with the coat of many colors representing. I already have one powerful insight, but I'll save it for another session.

Bless you,
NewAuthor

2012/2/13 22:41Profile
NewAuthor

Re: Ginnyrose

Hi Ginnyrose,
you say so much here...Our righteousness by Christ Jesus does evoke the wrath of our spiritual enemies, but when we wear God's robe of righteousness, we have nothing to fear. According to Eph. 1:4 We are chosen of God in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world. Joseph was chosen of God, and also prematurely set apart by his father, Jacob, which caused the uproar. But when God chooses us it is His perfect timing and place. The following is what I wrote in my journal this morning. Be blessed with a special Valentine's Day thought.

Ephesians 1:4a “According as he has chosen us in him
before the foundation of the world...”

As a child I was usually chosen last for the teams in our school days. In a way I was glad because it 'poured a cup of tea' for my party of self pity. It also proved to me that others thought I was clumsy and couldn't play their games.

But this Scripture says that I AM CHOSEN BY GOD!
I am chosen first
I am chosen last
I am chosen right where I am
Today I am God's choice for this Valentine's Day
I am chosen for a purpose
I am chosen to be a part of God's plan for His church
I am chosen-signaled out, called
and ordained to minister to the hurting
I am chosen to receive personal growth in Jesus Christ
I am chosen to be changed and to help others to be changed
I am God's best choice for this Valentine's Day for right where I am

Wow! When was I chosen?
God's choice of me is not an afterthought...
God didn't say, “Oh, I almost forgot, I need to choose New Author too.”
God's choice of me was etched into the very earth of the various places I've lived...
Somewhere in the groundwork of this two-room cabin God choice of me is imprinted.
I am a wonder and I am a miracle that was chosen by God at the time that He created the earth.
Every morning I've awakened, I was chosen
Every step that I've walked on this earth-in the various locations...
in the many different States of the United States of America, in Mexico, in Canada,
In Tia Wain, in Japan and in the islands of the Philippines-I was God's choice
for that day and that place.

I am chosen of God in Christ Jesus from the foundation of the earth and I can expect to encounter trial to purge and purify me, making me Christ-like.

2012/2/14 9:59Profile
NewAuthor

Re: jochbaptist

That is where the power of our salvation lies...Christ taken from the grave, and for the descendents of Abraham their personal salvation lay in Joseph being pulled out of the pit...Only to begin a very challenging journey of spiritual growth until he finally brought salvation to his family. The author of Beyond the Colorful Coat, plainly draws the pathway of how Joseph brough salvation to his family.
Today we can only say, Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

2012/2/14 10:03Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi NewAuthor,

The coat represented authority as was revealed in Joseph's dreams. The colors represent the many and varied attributes (character of God) of God that accompany His authority in one's life. Without the accompanying character and attributes of God, authority is nothing, but flesh.

True authority is something that Joseph had to learn about in the furnace of affliction.

Authority is given to us to be a servant and to bless others not to rule over others.

These attributes (colors) of God are His many facets of character. Authority, Righteousness, Zeal, Love, Kindness, Justice, Faithfulness, Servanthood, Gentleness, Holiness, Sacrifice, etc, etc.

This coat had to be dipped in blood (tried and tested) and the coat that we wear today (Jesus Christ) has been dipped (tried and tested) in blood, too.

We put on the Lord Jesus Christ. Our garment is the Lord.

Isa 52:1 Awake, awake; PUT ON thy strength, O Zion; put on thy BEAUTIFUL GARMENTS, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

Eph 4:24 And that ye PUT ON THE NEW MAN, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Col 3:12 PUT ON therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, BOWELS OF MERCIES, KINDNESS, HUMBLENESS of MIND, MEEKNESS, LONGSUFFERING;

Col 3:14 And above all these things PUT ON CHARITY, which is the bond of perfectness.

May we all put on Christ and shine forth the many "colors" of God's character.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

The Authority of Jesus Christ is not just for "elder brothers" that some people know as clergy. But, He is for all. Walk in the authority of Jesus Christ, displaying His many "colors", though some may be enraged and jealous of you. Since Cain and Abel, it has always been about Christ versus Religion.

Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous SHINE FORTH as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Pilgrim

2012/2/14 12:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy