SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)

[b][u]Welcome to SermonIndex[/u][/b]

You are about to enter a vast resource, a continuing expansion of thought from a variety of past saints, many who have since passed through the trial of death and have been preserved and resurrected here to speak once again to us all.

[b][u]The Forum[/u][/b]

Since it's inception, the forum here has been many things. A great fellowship, a 'church' at heart while in it's unorthodox form and fashion often resembling both a battleground and a hospital. This can be both edifying as well as divisive. We hope to address a few of the misconceptions and concerns at the outset so that everyone will be on the same level footing as to what is acceptable and that which is not.

[u][b]What it is not[/b][/u]

It is not a 'chat room'.
It is not a place to bring an agenda regardless of intentions.
It is not a place for promotion of ones self, website or wares.
It is not 'denominational' while gleaning from many.
It is neither legalistic nor 'anything goes'.
It is not a place for politics, politicians, policy's nor particular support thereof. More on this below.

[b][u]What it is[/u][/b]

It is first and foremost a privilege.
It is a gathering of saints now throughout the world.
And that alone may be the most important factor to keep in mind at all times.
It is a place to share, discuss, listen, think and grow into all things in Jesus Christ.
It is bible based.
It is for the most part "KJV" preferred, but not "only".
It is apostolic in it's desire to return to Old Paths;

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

It is in aim and undergirding Revival.
A Revival of God's thought.
Of others and lastly, ourselves.
It may be said that this is the mindset, better the heart set that resides back of intentions and motivations to all that is expressed on SermonIndex.

It is a longing for, praying for, a Revival of the same substance that is expressed through the many resources available here.

It is this foundation and focus while fostering a great freedom of discussion within some practical guidelines.

[u][b]What you can expect[/b][/u]

To be challenged unto growth in Christ
To be misunderstood.
To misunderstand others.
To be asked questions.
To be in the midst of some very experienced saints, not a handful who have walked with the Lord for many, many years.
To find like hearted Brethren before and as well as 'likemidnded'.
You will likely at some point be offended.
You will be blessed.
You may weep tears of joy and tears of sorrow.
You may have your theology turned inside out and upside down.
You may have yourself exposed in way's you never thought possible by your own words and thoughts as well as by those who care for your souls.
To be prayed for.

[b][u]What we expect[/u][/b]

Conduct, consideration and charity.

As illustrative, picture yourself entering a home for the first time. You are a guest. You are polite. You wipe the mud off your shoes before entering. You make an introduction. You carry yourself with respect to your host.

Hopefully, you get the idea here. We have found that hosting a forum has all kinds of inherent difficulties.

Communicating in this manner with so many different cultures, upbringings, education and lack thereof. To add even more weight is the place anyone of us may be in this walk as disciples of the Lord, we all were spiritual 'babes' in Christ at the inception of a new birth, an important reminder that needs to be reflected on often.

We must keep well in mind that expression of spiritual matters is often difficult enough, sometimes even impossible. Let us bear with one another with patience and understanding.

[b][u]What is not tolerated[/u][/b]

Slander. Ill-will. Unnecessary accusations, comments.

Please read the simple outline [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=7&forum=16&post_id=&refresh=Go]Community Rules[/url]

The issue is one of order rather than control. We allow as much patience as possible for corrections and apologies. Please make your corrections with a follow up reply, rather than by use of the edit function. There has been a misuse of this in the past where whole sections have been removed from an ongoing thread, making it now disconnected, like removing pages from a book. Please use the edit function for spelling corrections and if needed within the body of a post, please add a footnote to that which has been changed and why.

[b][u]What you can do to help[/u][/b]

Be polite. Don't be rude to others.
Keep foremost in your mind the weight of responsibility you have with what the Lord stated;

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

As well as;

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

The Lord is in our midst here and this whole resource is dependant on the Holy Spirit by those who have both brought all this forth and we hope by those who participate, first as brethren and as guests\members.

Please, pray.
Pray before you post.
Pray as you write in response.
Pray one last time and pause before you submit.

Try and think of the ramifications of your thoughts and comments. Some things need not to be said. Some things can wait. Some things just as well do need to be addressed, but the manner may add more of a problem than be a help towards correction.

You may find it best to save some things that you have spent a considerable amount of time writing to a file to be brought forth at a different time.

Use the preview button. Re-read what you have written. Reflect and ask yourself some of these questions. We have found by experience that often our particular circumstances can affect much of our thoughts in any given moment. To look at something in the morning and later in the day can reveal a completely different mindset oftentimes. We have seen more problems from reactionary impulses than from the reflective. It is welcomed to slow down and give place to each other.

There is a great deal more than could be said. These are all guidelines to make matters beneficial to all. It is a warm welcome we afford to all within these parameters. Make yourself comfortable, but keep your feet off the table. :)

[u][b]Lastly[/b][/u]

Ask questions and do your best to answer questions. Keep well in mind that often times a question is not necessarily pointed, but is truly a question. Just as well, it is especially frowned on to be jostling with each other by way of accusation towards each others intents and motives. Be forthright and honest.

"[i]Play the ball and not the man.[/i]"

Which translates to the issue being discussed. Keep to this and away from what we may assume someone is thinking. Again, ask a question rather than making an accusation.

Do keep in mind that the moderators will do their best to discern where and when to intervene and more so that they are your fellow pilgrims and servants, just as fallible as each of us here. "Moderate" your own self and leave the moderating beyond that to those appointed to do so. If you find something that is out of place, that is divisive amongst the brethren, bring it to their attention and they will do their best to address it.

[b][u]Summary[/u][/b]

Jesus is Lord.
'We' do hold to a high view of His Majesty.
'We' have no particular creed other than that He be exalted above all.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

As to fellowship here:

Tit 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

[i](*Edited on 4/28/06 for subheading font's and omission of grammar, no content changed)[/i]

2006/4/24 14:34Profile
repentcanada

Re: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)

Very well put brother

2006/4/24 15:20Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Great post, Greg. Thanks for the reminders and the much needed clarification in so many areas with a resource so vast. Praise God.

I really would encourage us all to read through this post prayerfully.

2006/4/24 18:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Great post, Greg. Thanks for the reminders and the much needed

Actually it was crafted by Mike (crsschk) but it has been something on my heart for awhile, I do think this is a good start for new people and also to remind some of us who have been on here for awhile to realize some of the main reasons why this resource is here and secondly how to appropriately use it. I am longing to see prayerful, edifying, posts on the forums where there is a real sense of ministry, uplifting and growing in the grace and knoweldge of Jesus Christ.

2006/4/24 18:22Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Yes, that post could not have had better timing well maybe a little better timing,:-) I got beat up so bad personally here about a week ago or so "some serious personal shots" "Brother Mike knows what I am talking about" that I have just stayed away, but it's been nice just to sit back and read and that is probably what I will do from now on, that way at least I won't get drawn into these kind of things you have listed, because there are some here that will go to any extreme to get there point across and to prove there right.

2006/4/24 20:59Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Wow! with this thread "DO NOT RESPOND - unless you have victory over sin!" I thought it might be a good idea to bring this thread back to the surface. I have just set back and read "as God instructed me" for the past couple weeks after some personal shots I took here and it has really been great without all the strife, and I feel much better now mentally and physically and I will probably just continue to be a reader than a writer. It seemed everything I wrote with the knowledge I have of the Word that someone would fire a dart at me rather than humbling themselves and trying to understand "me" and gently come together with me to help me have a better understanding of what I said was out of line a little, but with my personal experiences someone was either in total agreement or they were out for blood no happy medium. I was always under the understanding that the Christian church should be a reflection of Jesus in love, words, and deeds and its goal should be to glorify God, make Jesus known, develop godly people.

2006/4/26 11:14Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
I was always under the understanding that the Christian church should be a reflection of Jesus in love, words, and deeds and its goal should be to glorify God, make Jesus known, develop godly people.

Mr Bill, your doctrine was just bad. ;-)

2006/4/26 15:12Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Brother Bill,

I agree with you that it is better to read than write in a lot of cases. But I feel that what has lead you to prefer reading rather than having input for the body so much is that in the past maybe your battles were not chosen or possibly gone about so wisely? And to agree with you further, yes, strife is a HUGE problem in the body today. Whether it be in church, on SI, or even at homes and schools. I feel that we have gone too far in the extremes of left and right wing views of the original meaning of the Gospel and GOD's word.

I pray for revelation for us all. The church has much more maturity to gain.

I love you all
Scroggins

2006/4/26 15:41Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

ZekeO wrote:

Quote:
Mr Bill, your doctrine was just bad. ;-)

Thanks for pointing that out just when I thought I had it down to perfection, O well it's nice to have a little more to learn about Doctrine. ;-)
I am still waiting on them to build that milk lounge for folks like me. :-?

2006/4/27 0:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer (MUST READ)

This is a work in progress and some areas still need to be addressed as addendum's.

[b][u]Accountability[/u][/b]

You are accountable for the words you speak here.
There is no favoritism regardless of perceptions to the contrary and no one, moderators included, are above reproach when it comes to the matter of speech used in speaking evil of one another. It cannot be tolerated here nor should it be in the heart of a disciple no matter what the disagreement.

Apologies, recanting, forgiveness sought, given and received are not arbitrary but mandated.

Let this not be misunderstood. By no means is it to be thought that room is not given for 'heated' discussion, it is to say that when the heat turns to the flames of slandering, divisiveness, back-biting, name-calling and other personal attacks on anyone's character, assumed or presumed motivations, those flames will be dosed. You will be held responsible to make amends, corrections, offer up whatever explanations to an end of reconciliation or you will be asked to leave from participation in the forum or removed if necessary. One's longevity or tenure here has no more bearing than one's brevity in these matters.

Do not mistake patience for license. Because the very nature of what is expressed here is profoundly spiritual as peculiar people not in abstraction but in actuality, this has it's own built in difficulties and misconceptions. Amongst them are the ability to keep tabs on everything that may be going on throughout this forum at any given moment.

It needs to be said again that the only one anyone ought to be concerned about as looking over one's should is the Lord Himself. We have cast ourselves at His feet and put fully into trust His keeping while being both watchful and prayerful. We do not take the removal of anyone here lightly, it is a last straw and fortunately over the course of SermonIndex's inception, these have been the rare exceptions.

[b][u]A Difference[/u][/b]

Relatively speaking, we have little overall understandings of how other message boards, chat-rooms, discussion channels operate though we have often been the recipient of those coming in with misguided intentions and understandings, hence the clarifications of what [i]this[/i] forum is and is not.

A noticeable drift in direction has brought about a much needed correction in steering. The foundations that launched this forum might best be defined as to what we feel is the real intent of having such an open discussion. The outline given is still a '[i]start[/i]' as Greg attributed and likely will continue to be clarified and further expressed going forward.

Another helpful posting can be found here:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=10073&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]How to make the most out of SermonIndex (SI)[/url]

2006/4/28 9:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy