SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Chat Rooms!? :)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tedlock

Michigan

Christian Chat Rooms!? :)

I came across this link about "Christian" chat rooms/forums recently and found it rather intriguing: :-D
http://www.allathisfeet.com/chatrooms/index.html

I have found their site to be very edifying.
www.allathisfeet.com

2006/4/18 0:03Profile
myke

North Carolina

Re: Christian Chat Rooms!? :)

Thanks for the link!

Seems to be very interesting. There are some video clips on the main site that seem to be very edifying!

In Awe of His Grace,

Myke

2006/4/18 10:10Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

The link is deceptive from the beginning. Lots of noise, but little substance, imho.

"O"

2006/4/18 16:19Profile
myke

North Carolina

Re:

Onesimus4God,

Oh my friend -- You should investigate futher before you pass judgement. Would you suggest the emphasis on "the simplicity that is in Christ." along with writings from men like T.A. Sparks and A.W. Tozer as being of "little substance"? Check it out a little closer and please help me as well as others with the "deception". We who are true lovers of Christ and one another certainly need to help one another in these areas! In my estimation there seems to be a great deal of weighty emphasis on the purity of the Gospel.

God Bless,

Myke

2006/4/18 21:28Profile
dohzman

Isn't this like the third time that link and a thread has been started for it? I can appreciate the warnings of such pages, alerting the body of Christ to the dangers of following the advice of individuals found in chat channels, however, making people suspecious of everyone found in christian chat channels is also wrong. Two opposite extremes. We must all at all times be encouraged to draw near to Jesus rightly discerning the Body of Christ, and that takes time and effort on the part of those who participate to learn who it is we are communicating with. Always drawing closer to Jesus inorder to hear His voice (If need be through others too), and that takes daily repentance and communion with the Living God.

The resources on that site are good stuff, but I've observed that at times people use this site (sermonindex) to promote thier own agenda or website since this site has such a large following, I also think that might not be a good thing to do ---at least permission should be given first--by Bro. Greg or one of the moderators of this site, that would be the christ-like-thing to do. Just a thought, what brings honor to Jesus--By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, by the Love you Show one another. :-)

2006/4/18 21:47Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

I felt taken in when I clicked on the link. That does not appeal to me as a "blessing". Of course I am Tozer lover, and I often am found defending what the Word of God says. But as brother Dozzy says, the site appears to be to the opposite extremes.
Acts 17:11 is where the rubber meets the road. Search the scriptures daily to see if these things be so. Then if you are here, or in a chat room, or a church chat, your discernment will operate much more efficiently.
One other thing, the over emphasis on the word Zoe - absolute light got to me after a while. Of course God is absolute light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. But why use that particular term over and over again. Sorry if I seemed unloving. I just don't have a lot of time to sort through all the rhetorical gravy to get to the meat.
There people here, and on every forum and so called christian chat room that are tares. So? Read the Word. Speak the truth in love. But do you really think you should throw out the baby with the bath water? Why dash the real men and women of God along with the imposters? How loving is that?
I do not find this site radical. But I do find much of what he said irrational. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate yours, and your right to express them.

God bless you real good,

"O"

2006/4/18 22:24Profile
myke

North Carolina

Re:

I am somewhat new to posting on this particular Forum so I didn’t realize that this issue or link had come up before. The “Christian” Internet Chat Room Champion thing – I suppose could be offensive to some -- I saw it and thought was interestingly humorous and effective in making a point which is probably true to some extent! I have seen some of these! Most I am sure are probably just trying to make a point and not to do harm. The World is filled with many interesting people!

I believe it’s vital that we think, and be challenged in our thinking. I desire the opportunities to observe others sincere attempts to glorify Christ with emphasis placed on the purity of the Gospel found in the Word of God. I know not a single individual has gotten it perfect yet, but there is much to learn from those who are at least taking aim. I truly hunger to experience a sincere and genuine New Testament Christianity – the Denominational Church has in many ways become an Institution that has lost this desire! So the site in question to be honest at this point is a refreshing oasis to me, and yes, I am still in the discernment mode , watching for traps. But when I see quotes and articles from writers like Sparks and Tozer, (who I know were just men and fallible) I have to think I am possibly heading in the right direction! Now on the other hand when I see quotes from some of today’s hottest writers -- red flags come up everywhere! But that’s a discussion for another time.

And I agree with dohzman about the promotion of personal agendas and websites, that can be a problem! But unless it’s just rank heresy, it can be a blessing to many – so far it has to me! But I will be watching!

And may I say this Site has truly been a blessing! In fact, I have learned much about sincere Christianity from many of the Sermons found here as well as the post on the Forum. I thank God for it!

God Bless,

Myke

2006/4/18 23:34Profile

Re:

"Zoe" means "Life" as in Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life {G2222}, and few there be that find it.

A lot of Ministries have one word they seem to like a lot ... like "Agape" or even our word Apologetics {the least desired of gifts - ha} comes from the Greek.

Myke, I'm from NC too, and I wish all folks felt like you about .... Quote-Myke: "I desire the opportunities to observe others sincere attempts to glorify Christ with emphasis placed on the purity of the Gospel found in the Word of God."

I haven't looked over that whole site and I agree with Dohzman about painting a picture of message board or chat "fellowshipping" people, but if they have T. Austin-Sparks on there .... how bad could it be ? Ha.

Of course I liked this one ...

http://www.allathisfeet.com/whoisjesus/index.html

And

http://www.allathisfeet.com/revelation/index.html

If we could just talk about "HIM" for a week ~ WOW !!!

:-D

2006/4/18 23:57
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
The resources on that site are good stuff, but I've observed that at times people use this site (sermonindex) to promote thier own agenda or website since this site has such a large following, I also think that might not be a good thing to do ---at least permission should be given first--by Bro. Greg or one of the moderators of this site, that would be the christ-like-thing to do. Just a thought, what brings honor to Jesus--By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, by the Love you Show one another. :-)

The the koolest statement in a redundant thread goes to...

(For the record, Greg has commented positively about the fore mentioned website last time we visited this issue ... that is, unless it was raised again since then ... What I want to know is, how come I fall for it every time the link is posted :-? )

2006/4/19 9:39Profile
baxter

There is good reason for your concern about this website. www.indianapoliscult.com

2007/10/20 23:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy