· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : FEATURED SERMON: "A Time To Cry" by David Legge

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I would like to add that God has indeed put the following on my heart

Quote:
Is there not an appetite to see our young being built up as the people of God?

But Oh! Forgive me Lord i confess that i have not been diligent enough in my prayers! For not "taking hold upon God, laying hold upon Him!....prayers that are prayers of a full, broken heart after God!"
I WANT to 'diligently seek Him'!

2006/4/17 9:28
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Hi Folks:

This is an awesome message:

The home church website for David Legge is:

www.preachtheword.com

Blessings Greg

2006/4/17 12:51Profile
Rahman

Re: FEATURED SERMON: "A Time To Cry" by David Legge

A very good sermon brother Greg ...

Some points this preacher made that stood out for me ...

- Do you see the future as bleak as i do? (the preacher asked) ...
- There's a satifaction with how things are ...
- We're spellbound by materialism (my note: i personally don't see anyway God's getting the attention of the majority of we American saints without our idol of Materialism being toppled) ...
- 2 Cor. 10:12 type saints/churches ... It's them Lord not me ...
- An extinction of God's true prophets, as with Ezekiel He shut his mouth ...
- Whatever we do we must not do nothing (serious prayer) ...
- We're not to forward with God, we're to backwards ...
- We don't plead w/ our Lord to work anew amongst us ...
- We need God to come thru for us today and fix us ...
- There is no hope if we don't believe God can do it again (Revive
us) ...

Someone pointed out that this sermon was preached in "01" in Ulster i believe ... Have things gotten spiritually better there? ... i don't know for sure but if such type sermons are as easily dismissed over there as they are over here i'd think things have probably gotten a little worse ...

A time to cry can be proactive (which i'm sure our Lord would love for us to be doing), or reactive (after the consequences of our having other gods before Him have befallen us) ...

i believe we're soon to hear weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth in the house of the Lord via the latter causing, as such sermons it seems to me only move a few amongst the many ...

In the meanwhile i'm learning to rest in Him, that He does/will discipline those that He loves, that the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church, and that one day, as per His own perfect timing, we will become His glorious Bride without spot or wrinkle ...

However this is to be Lord God, Your will be done ... Amen

2006/4/17 14:20Profile
Ruach34

Little Rock

Re:

Hey sermonindex, i read your message about the bible school there, can you email me and tell me more about it.

By the way, I have just downloaded this profiled sermon and am eager to soon listen to it
Rich

2006/4/17 16:28Profile

Re:

Tramendous message!

David Legge is one of my favorite preachers. You can go to his website at preachtheword.com He is one of the greatest preacher/teachers of this generation in my opinion. I have listened to many of his messages and his depth of knowledge in the scriptures continues to lead me to a better understanding of the Word. I would recommend going through some of his many studys, such as I Corinthians.

God bless
J-bird

2006/4/17 23:52
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hey sermonindex, i read your message about the bible school there, can you email me and tell me more about it.

Hi, the bible college I am attending is Calvary Chapel Bible College:
http://www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

I am glad that this message is touching so many hearts, do make copies and share it with others, even a whole church of people, I think the body of Christ needs to hear this message.

2006/4/19 21:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Its Great to see this sermon downloaded over 2000 times already! If you haven't yet I highly recommend you listen to it:

[b]A Time to cry[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10843&commentView=itemComments

And also I recommend you take time to read through psalm 74 as a picture of the need for revival in the christian church.

2006/4/21 19:17Profile
PJ47

S/E USA

Re:

I just wanted to thank you for posting the link to this sermon; 'A Time to Cry'...

Its not often we hear truly anointed messages, or teachers today, sadly. This was both.

Many people on my mailing list woke up Saturday morning to a heart felt note from me along with the link and a plea to 'please listen to this'.

Thank you again, and God bless!

PJ

2006/4/24 0:59Profile
roadsign

Re: a shotgun?

Sermonindex's responds to the sermon:

Quote:
I feel slaugtered,

So did I.

I share the burden of needed revival, though find this sermon quite a chewing out. While the church needs to have its consciences awakened, this sermon seems more like the paralyzing spray of a shotgun rather than a precisely aimed bullet that grips the conscience and enables one to move forward. Nevertheless, it ends with more tender words of hope.

There is always the need to balance the burden with hope - or it becomes just too overwhelming. I can only deal with what God puts before me - my own sins and responsibiliies. I can't carry the burden of the whole world. That reminds me of Sutera's sermon, "Revival is God's finger pointing at me." That's a good place to start.

PS If I recall, not too long ago we had some first time posters who came on board giving us quite a "chewing out". I wonder if they had just heard this sermon.

Diane

2006/4/27 13:47Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy