Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : blessed are the peacemakers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Jake:

Just as slaves obey their masters [i]in the Lord,[/i] and children obey their parents [i]in the Lord,[/i] I think we as citizens obey governing authorities [i]in the Lord[/i] as well.

When the parents become abusive, my advice to the children is to run! After all, the abusive parents are abusing their God-given honour and authority. Likewise, we should endeavour to peace-making and submission to authority as best as possible, but I believe there are situations where civil disobedience is appropriate.

I think Martin Luther King Jr. was acting in that spirit when he reacted against racial bias in society by civil disobedience using peaceful means.

2004/1/7 10:05Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I'm really good at Tae Bo- so I COULD fight if I had too. Just kidding (but I am good at tae bo )

So that sheep avatar is.... :-D

2004/1/7 10:16Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Can't a sheep do Tae Bo? What a vision! :-D

Actually, even though the Lord has grown me into a more humble, loving disciple- I also have the benefit of being strong (inside and out) This has come from "discipline" (inside and out). My fitness training days were not in vain, so I've figured out.

Oh that reminds me that Jesus is the Lion/Lamb, the Lamb/Lion. (from John Piper's Seeking and Savouring Christ) He was both. I guess we can be both too, since Christ lives in us. Powerful but humble. Mighty yet meek. Brave yet willing to give everything.

2004/1/7 10:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Oh that reminds me that Jesus is the Lion/Lamb, the Lamb/Lion. (from John Piper's Seeking and Savouring Christ) He was both. I guess we can be both too, since Christ lives in us. Powerful but humble. Mighty yet meek. Brave yet willing to give everything.

Knew you would get the correlation. :-D

2004/1/7 10:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy