SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any one knows any good online teens forum?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

MeAgain wrote:
Paula, you are a GOOD MOM.

[b][u]Jesus didn't "hang out" until he was of full Hebrew age to "Minister", which was 30 years old back then and he did not "hang out" with any UNLESS HIS FATHER told HIM to... For the purpose of the Witness.[/u][/b]

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

I'd rather believe the Word and have the kids over the house to show a witness but "hanging out" is not Scriptural and you are a wise Mom.
Takes a lot of guts and strength to hold to a Scriptural stand with teens these days and I give you a lot of credit.

God Bless you.

Strictly THE WORD is hard for some, I noticed.

2006/4/15 23:02
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Yes, I have noticed the same.

2006/4/15 23:08Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

My God doesn't require atonement or vicarious atonement. He wants us to live a better life, here and hereafter. As Jesus said to the woman caught in the act of adultery, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more." This is what any good parent wants: not retribution or vengeance, but step-by-step change for the better.

Today, those who preach the old theology of a wrathful, vindictive god are driving people away from churches and the Bible and Jesus and God. Internet chatrooms are full of ex-christians who have rejected all of that, because they reject the old image of God. And I agree with them. I say, "My God isn't like that. My God is not willing that any should perish. He does not cause pain or hardship. He sends members of His Kingdom to search for lost souls, and all kinds of sinners, and rescue every one they possibly can." Many ex-christians, and some pagans, have rejoiced to hear the good news about God and His kingdom. More than a few have said they were going to go look for a church that teaches and preaches like that.

Christianity has more than one theology. One of them describes a judgmental God who rewards the righteous and punishes sinners by sending them to hell. Another, at the peak of the watershed, the highest point in the history of theology, describes the loving Father who calls the wanderers home.

2006/4/15 23:11Profile

Re:

So all mothers of teenage girls should let their girls get into cars with unsaved boys - Right ?

That was what Paula is talking about.

If you want to send your grand-daughter out in cars with non-Christian boys .... where's the "Scripture" for that one.

There's a time and place for "witnessing" and there are times and places that you don't allow your teen daughters go with "whomever" in cars.

I've had the burden and HAVE done street and prison ministry for years so there IS a time and place to witness and to LOVE ALL OF HUMANKIND ''''' AS GOD LEADS '''''

Go with GOD Paula.

2006/4/15 23:19
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

MeAgain wrote:

There's a time and place for "witnessing"

Can you please show me were there is a scripture that say's that?

It seems that ignorance of Scripture and indifference are the chief problems in the body of Christ in America today. Together, these problems have compounded the overall problems facing the individual Christian who isn’t like the majority, that is, he/she is seriously trying to “Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling” (Psa. 2:11). Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a faithful, loving and humble servant of Christ will win a popularity contest or even receive common respect and courtesy from the world. Just the opposite is to be expected! See LK. 6:22,23; Jn. 16:2; 2 Tim. 3:12; 1 Jn. 3:13; etc. Remember the righteous of the past, who were also examples of faith and of whom this world “was NOT worthy,” were tortured, destitute, persecuted and mistreated, as they were poorly clothed and wandered in the deserts and mountains (Heb. 11:35b-39). See Paul’s charge to Timothy (2 Tim. 2:3).

The seriousness of being ashamed of Jesus in this evil world is another issue that should be addressed. In the Lord’s own words:

“If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels” (Mark 8:38).

2006/4/15 23:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

MeAgain wrote:
So all mothers of teenage girls should let their girls get into cars with unsaved boys - Right ?

The Spirit of GOD is supposed to go and be with us in ALL our witnessing ... if not it's just being done in the flesh and not Spirit and Truth.

I'm done.

2006/4/15 23:43
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

MeAgain wrote:
The Spirit of GOD is supposed to go and be with us in ALL our witnessing

Well since I have been saved and baptized my guess would be according to the word of "God" that the spirit now resides within me, so I am guessing that as I go out into the world witnessing in all places and to all people that spirit will not temporary leave me when I go into the slums and witness to the worse kinds of folks out there, no my guess would be that same spirit was the one that showed me that direction and it was Gods will that I go there and ultimately, any salvation glorifies God.

2006/4/15 23:57Profile
paula4jc

Re: Any one knows any good online teens forum?

Quote:
Mr. BillPro,

Also, for the record this comes from a Dad of 54 years young that has raised three teens and a Grandfather of two teens.

I don't think you're suitable for even secular advice. You're very libral and its youth pastor with identical views as yours why I pull my teens out of the church. You may have knowledge, but obviously lack wisdom, discernment, and application.

I deeply regreted making the original post.
Lesson learned, in the future I will never come here, I will stay in my prayer closet.

MeAgain, may Christ peace and blessing be with you and your house. Thank you.

2006/4/16 6:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

paula4jc wrote:
I don't think you're suitable for even secular advice. You're very libral and its youth pastor with identical views as yours why I pull my teens out of the church. You may have knowledge, but obviously lack wisdom, discernment, and application.

Paula I saw were you wrote this on another thread

"What the Lord Jesus as done for me on the cross doesn't have any thing to do with how I feel!"

What the Lord Jesus did for me on the cross has everything to do with how I feel!

You come here and received the answer that "you" wanted to hear and your in agreement with and we sometimes are looking for that, But you did not want to hear any other views that you did not want to agree with and instead of being Godly about it you put someone down for their views maybe it's like Mom like Daughter, I wonder why she is like she is?

I am not here to win a "popularity" contest only I bet your daughter if she read this thread would have a different opinion than Mom, you might want to start out looking in the mirror instead of looking in these forums for your answers.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a faithful, loving and humble servant of Christ will win a "popularity" contest or even receive common respect and courtesy from the world. Just the opposite is to be expected! See LK. 6:22,23; Jn. 16:2; 2 Tim. 3:12; 1 Jn. 3:13; etc. Remember the righteous of the past, who were also examples of faith and of whom this world “was NOT worthy,” were tortured, destitute, persecuted and mistreated, as they were poorly clothed and wandered in the deserts and mountains (Heb. 11:35b-39). See Paul’s charge to Timothy (2 Tim. 2:3).

You're very libral and its youth pastor with identical views as yours why I pull my teens out of the church. You may have knowledge, but obviously lack wisdom, discernment, and application.

And I thought I was one of a kind you mean there are more like me in the "Church"?

Have a Blessed Day

2006/4/16 8:48Profile

Re:

54 huh ?

Since I've been here, I've never seen anyone point out your sarcasm and how you are the 'man' that posts short sarcastic posts and ALWAYS with the tongue-hanging-out icons.

Yet to find out yesterday, that you are 54 almost floored me.

I kept very quiet with it all and for all of this time thinking, since last year that you were a teen .... and that's the truth before God ..... but now to hear you brag of your AGE (of all things)and use Scripture to say [b][u]Paula's daughter should get into cars with unsaved boys[/u][/b] ..... Well - now I am praying for the day that someone in authority here will do a GOOD search on your posts to see the sneaky little posts you've planted on here since last year and what 'craft' they work. But I doubt that will happen .... Crafty-sneaky folks have a way of getting past the radar of some.
54 - Unbelievable.

It's no wonder that you tell me on this thread that we don't NEED THE SPIRIT's GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT TO BE A WITNESS.

It sure isn't Paula that is off here ... I've watched you work on here. And tacking on Scripture just makes it worse, coming from you.

2006/4/16 11:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy