SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any one knows any good online teens forum?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
paula4jc

Any one knows any good online teens forum?

I am looking for a teen forum that has good strong christians discussion where youths can talk and grow in their faith.

2006/4/15 14:58Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Any one knows any good online teens forum?

What's wrong with this forum I think it's good for all from 1 to 110? No I think I know were your coming from there is a tendency to stick to the meat of the Word here and sometimes matter fact lots of times I am more confused by what I read after I read it than before I read it, the only way you will find what your asking about is find a forum were there is still lots of folks on the milk, and join in and grow along. I heard a Pastor say one time Gods word is not that confusing that we make it confusing and I think he might have a point there, I hope you find what your looking for, but if you don't maybe they will open up a Milk Lounge here soon and give some of a place were we can go in and read and come out with a feeling we have really learned something, without being more confused when we come out, nothing wrong with the meat but you have to start on the milk then graduate.

2006/4/15 17:01Profile

Well, after googling, I found these:

Christian Teen Forums:
http://www.christianteenforums.com/index.php

Guy teen forum:
http://www.christianforums.com/f113-guys.html

Girl teen forum:
http://www.christianforums.com/f114-gals.html

Hope that helps you. :-)

2006/4/15 18:42
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The forums on SermonIndex are more serious and grave in nature having more soberiety in their tone of discussions and topics. I do think some youth have been blessed to be around the giants and also other mature believers on the forums. But at times there can be a lose of what is trying to be conveyed on the website.

I am pretty saddened about the tone and frivilousness of alot of the teen forums on the internet.

2006/4/15 19:09Profile

Re:

I'd love if all teens could feel compelled to a site like SI FOR THE "CLASSICS" AMEN, but for some it may not have the Forum type feel that teens gravitate to.
I don't remember being a teen ... haaa.

Anyhow, I think these other "Christian Forums" do not - do not - have nor give nor care about THE MEAT ... they make Jesus into a cartoon character and allow almost anything on there ... but one does seem good and has enough to keep even teens interested but give them FOOD too .... PLUS if you look on their left bar, you see [b]"Study Resources"[/b] and other good stuff.

[url=http://www.studylight.org/forums/index.php?sid=abf1575c016ec2d515f001a643f677fd]Index page with good options on left.[/url]

[url=http://www.studylight.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1855&sid=b8855451ff23bc10748951cdb5633385]Funny Pages[/url]

Best to view all suggestions first yourself.
I've seen too many with the "Anime" cartoon nonsense and worse. Making Christianity nothing but a FUN CLUB to be in.

Now GROWTH AND FUN IS GREAT. :-D

2006/4/15 20:26
paula4jc

The issue is when ever I say “No” my teens think I am the meanest mom. An unbeliever who is in my child school band wants to drive around, hang out for milk shake, then go to their band practice, and later drive my teen home.
I say no, because “hang out” is unacceptable for believers. My teen started to cry and say “I never asked to go any where before.” I say your first choice is a bad choice - an unbeliever opposite sex.

2006/4/15 21:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

paula4jc wrote:
I say no, because “hang out” is unacceptable for believers.

I have "no" idea what you mean by that statement, but I would suggest that you study the life of Christ in a little more depth. Jesus "hung out" if that is the word we want to use here with the worst.

All four Gospel writers get this across, Jesus lived with and around a group of people. His closest friends were fishermen. Think about that for a moment, Jesus lived with fishermen. Ever been around fishermen before?

Jesus traveled by boat often and someone got pushed over board. Jesus might have been the one doing the pushing, who knows, but a very probable scenario. We also see bad days. Life on the road is not easy. Stress was constant and persecution around every corner.

I know they got frustrated with Jesus at times. They wanted a King that would end Roman rule but He talked of having compassion for foreigners. Surely, these situations brought out the best and worst of each of the people that surrounded Christ.

Can I encourage you to try something? Purpose to have friendships that consist of teaching, sharing, giving, and prayer. God's desire from Genesis to Revelation is to be with and around His people. He also asks us to love one another as He does. Should we not make efforts to do these things?

Also, for the record this comes from a Dad of 54 years young that has raised three teens and a Grandfather of two teens, that have "hung out" with the worst in the past, but now have a personal Love and relationship with Christ that I have a hard time figuring out how this ever happened.

2006/4/15 22:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

paula4jc wrote:
I say your first choice is a bad choice - an unbeliever opposite sex.

I have one question for you and I ask this in a sincere way, How can unbelievers ever become believers if we don't hang out with them? That is exactly how most unbelievers become believers.
they sure don't become believers by hanging out with unbelievers.

2006/4/15 22:45Profile

Re:

Paula, you are a GOOD MOM.

Jesus didn't "hang out" until he was of full Hebrew age to "Minister", which was 30 years old back then and he did not "hang out" with any UNLESS HIS FATHER told HIM to... For the purpose of the Witness.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

I'd rather believe the Word and have the kids over the house to show a witness but "hanging out" is not Scriptural and you are a wise Mom.
Takes a lot of guts and strength to hold to a Scriptural stand with teens these days and I give you a lot of credit.

God Bless you.

2006/4/15 22:49
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well Looks like you and I disagree on a lot here but I have news for you, your wrong! Jesus did hang out with the worse and anyone can hand pick any scripture to prove their point, so In your world I guess a prostitute is a good person because Jesus did hang out with one, or did I read that in the New York Times.

Love Your Neighbour as Yourself - Luke 10:27

In these words Jesus is summing up what we may call the moral law, the six commandments of the Ten Commandments that relate to how we treat our fellow human beings. The first great commandment is given here – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart.” That sums up our obligation to God, but the second one – “Love your neighbour as yourself” – sums up our obligation to our fellow men.

Surely it is one of the greatest faults in the church today, in which we see most clearly the church’s need of revival in our society, that we have such complacency about those around us who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ and who do not know that they are heading towards a lost eternity. We should be like the watchman of whom Ezekiel speaks in his prophecy, who must sound the trumpet to those who are perishing, to give them the warning that they need. We are called to make that announcement – to tell people, to invite people, to cajole people, to encourage people to come and to consider the claims of Jesus Christ. We have to ask ourselves as a congregation, as I hope we always do: What are we doing to make sure that this city, this area of the city, our friends, our neighbours, know something of the love of Jesus Christ? We have to ask ourselves as individuals: What am I seeking to do to make this known to people in need around me?

2006/4/15 22:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy