Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mary Magdalene and The Resurrection

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
myke

North Carolina

Mary Magdalene and The Resurrection

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulcher." John 20:1

While considering this account of Mary's actions in relation to the Resurrection, I was struck by her steadfast commitment to the Lord. She placed a high priority on being at the Sepulcher where Jesus had been buried. What was her motivation? Yes, there were practical reasons, we know Mark tells of her desire to further prepare the Body of Jesus, but Mary who had been touched so wonderfully by Jesus (Luke 8:2) had a passionate love for her Lord, and was compelled by that love to carry out this service!

Please notice she didn't realize that He had risen -- as far as she was concerned -- all was lost, it was over, her hopes, her dreams had all come to an abrupt halt just a few days before!

But her passionate love for Christ is not depleted -- not even by the tragedy of His crucifixion! This kind of love cannot be dashed through disappointment, or even the worst of tragedies! This love continues on in spite of these things!

Saints, this is not the fickle kind of "love" so many seem to exemplify today. At the first sign of difficulty, disappointment or the reality of dreams going unfulfilled, many turn away from their priorities in Christ. Too often people decide that following Christ doesn't "pay off" or the price is too high. Do these truly love Him?

And there are many who say they love Christ, but in reality they’re cold and indifferent and their commitment to Christ is at best a legalistic attempt to keep up appearances!

My Brothers and Sisters we all can learn something by considering Mary's passionate love for Christ in this passage! We can see that a passionate love for Christ in these last days is of vital importance! This alone will keep us in a true sense faithful and committed to Him.

May we all examine our love for Him! And may we ask Him who is our Living Savior to Baptize us afresh and anew with His great love!!! Revelation 2:1-7; I Corinthians 13:13; Matthew 24:12.

In Awe of His Grace,

Myke

2006/4/14 23:40Profile

Re: Mary Magdalene and The Resurrection

[b]AMAZING Grace, how SWEET the sound, that saved a WRETCH like me.[/b]

Thanks myke, this was GOOD. Amen :-) , will do !

2006/4/15 9:02
myke

North Carolina

Re: Mary Magdalene and The Resurrection

In my previous post I emphasized Mary’s passionate love for her Lord. This is vital! This must have been the motivation for her actions as recorded in the passage -- not a legal rigor or mechanical obligation!

Upon further consideration, I noticed that she is coming to a sepulcher -- what can easily be seen as a “dead end.” As far as life in the earth is concerned this is the end! But Mary’s love for Jesus constrained her to come, and it was there -- at an apparent dead end that she makes this great discovery -- “the stone taken away” -- Jesus is alive!

Some of us who are lovers of Christ may be by all natural appearances persisting in a “dead end” situation! It may be a relationship, a spiritual struggle, circumstances of various and sundry kinds -- the list can include many things. My friends, His Resurrection from the dead reminds us of the fact that apparent “dead ends” can turn into places of great and wonderful victories!!! Persist by His grace to faithfully love Him. He who is alive Is Faithful!!!

In Awe of His Grace,

Myke

2006/4/15 13:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy