SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : i Love This (Easter) Time of Year ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

i Love This (Easter) Time of Year ...

i love this time of year, this so called Easter season, not for all of the pagan crap attached to it, but because of the escalated sense of awe and wonderment i get in the intense pondering of what God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost did in the introduction of the Son here to earth, His life, ministry, death, resurrection and all the glorious good it bestows upon we puny, undeserving humans ... "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ... It just gives me chills to think about this ...

i get the same chills at the Christmas season too, when i think of Matthew's description of the birth of our Lord Jesus - "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost", and Lukes description of Gabriel's appearing to Mary and what he said to her, His birth in Bethlehem, His being born in a stable and laid in a manger, and that wondrous and glorious phrase uttered by the angels of heaven to the lowly shepherds, "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." ... This phrase alone gives me Holy Ghost goose bumps ...

i think probably a whole lot of saints get sentimental about the birth and death of our Savior as well we should, but in our hearts and minds i think how He is NOW, and where He is NOW, pales greatly as a distant third place recognition within us, tho i think it should be foremost ... HE IS RISEN! ...

Our risen Christ, He who NOW sits at the right hand side of the Father with ALL POWER in His hands, is the Christ i keep hearing Holy Spirit telling me to meditate on ... For within such meditation comes the power of being already seated in heavenly places with Him ...

Perhaps such a "pure" knowledge of this (as Peter so clearly expressed it) is why Holy Spirit had such an easy time of filling the 120, for it seems to me that it wasn't Christ birth or death that the 120 were fired up on in that upper room before Holy Spirit breezed in, but His resurrection, THE FACT THAT CHRIST WAS RISEN! ... Oh bless his Holy name! ...

Acts.2
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
[2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
[5] And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
[6] Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
[7] And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
[8] And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
[12] And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
[13] Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

[b][14] But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them,[/b] Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
[15] For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
[16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
[18] And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19] And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20] The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
[21] And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

[b][22] Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
[24] Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
[25] For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
[29] Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
[30] Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
[31] He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
[32] This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
[33] Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.[/b]

Lord Jesus i think Your Church today has no problem in identifying ourselves with Your birth and death, but may your Church today begin anew to see You how we did when we first started out on the day of Pentecost - RISEN! ... May we not only see You as risen in all power at our Father's right hand, but that we in You, individually and collectively, spiritually share that same position ... Revive us oh Lord ... Bring us back to truly knowing that we are more than conquerors in You, that we can do all things thru You ... Break us to true repentance in all areas in which we need be broken that we may get on about Your business and not our own, for the world truly is passing away, and the harvest is ripe ... Thank you God for loving us - for living here on earth and dieing for us - for sending us Your Spirit to care, keep, teach and empower us - for disciplining us - for saving us from eternal hell fire and into Your everlasting kingdom ... All praises, honor and glory to You heavenly Father, in the name of Your Son Jesus, and by power and might of Your Holy Spirit ... Amen

Blessings to all my brothers and sisters in Christ in this most joyous season ...

[b]HE IS RISEN![/b] :knockedout:

2006/4/13 13:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy