Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A mark upon thier foreheads

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

A mark upon thier foreheads

Hi everyone,

Sometimes my bus gets me to work early and I have time to sit in the donut shop near my job for a few minutes. Today was such a day. As I sat there, watching one of the news programs, I noticed in the news ticker a story about the Playboy headquarters in Indonesia(?) being attacked with rocks. It appears that some Muslims there are angered by the smut magazine's presence in thier nation, so much so that they took the extreme measure of physical violence to make thier point.

Now we, as Christians, may look down upon such fleshly, and soulish tactics. We may even feel justified in condemning such behaviors as overzealous fanaticism, but I ask you fellow western Christian, is our silence concerning the rivers of putrid perversion that have overflowed the banks of Hell and run freely in our streets and in our homes, is our [b]silence[/b] not more criminal than thier throwing stones?

When was the last time you, friend, have lifted up your voice beyond even a hint of whisper to make known your disgust at the rotten filth that is paraded before your eyes and ears every day? It may be that you never have, and perhaps this is due more to some timidity on your part or some other shade of personality, which can be understood, and by God's power and grace overcome; however, how can the unrighteous world not mistake our silence as indifference, or worse, agreement?

Brothers and sisters, how much farther are we going to let our culture and society sink?

Perhaps you feel there is nothing you can do. I'll tell you something from my own experience.

Some time ago, near the place I used to live there was an adult store that opened up. It was near to one of my 'fishing holes' and so I would hand out tracks to people that would go in and out. One particular time I felt especially bold and began to express my heart to a young couple that came out. As I did this the owner(I assume) came out and challenged me to leave them alone. It was pretty unerving, especially since I really dislike conflict, but nevertheless I continued briefly, warning them that such a place is a pit, a horrible pit. I do not know what became of that expect I saw this young couple at the place I worked, not long after and although it was uncomfortable, I could tell they recognised me and I even thought I heard them comment about it.

Besides this, I would regularly pray that this place be brought to nothing. I can tell you that before I left, for some reason I do not know, I saw that the front displays had been emptied and it looked borded up. Oddly enough, before this it looked like someone had tried to break in or caused some damage to it. Whatever the case, as far as I know it shut down. So what is the point?

Beloved, we must do [i]something[/i]. How can we continue to allow our silence to give license to the corrupt consience of our ungodly society. How can we continue to let this nation, which above all nations bears the name CHRISTIAN, continue to preach so loudly and with so much enthusiam to the entire world the morality of debauchery, self-indulgence and unrestrained lust. We are sending missionaries of the Gospel into all the world, but what else?

As I thought about that news ticker this morning, this verse came to mind, which gives me the title for this thread

Quote:
And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

2006/4/12 19:00Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: A mark upon thier foreheads

bro Chris

i heard of the incident in question and what is shaming is our lack of zeal (or expression of it) for the Lord vs their zeal for the demon they worship. we are of the true faith yet we are put to shame. indeed our silence condemns us for we are guilty and in need of repentance before the Lord.

Lord wake us up from our slumber that we would repent lest we die.AMEN.

2006/4/14 20:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
shaming is our lack of zeal

that is the one thing I believe the Lord is keying in on my heart for the next newsletter for sermonindex! We need to burn with passion for God with zeal beyond all things. Christ must have premience above all things.

2006/4/14 20:31Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: zeal

Hi everyone.

Quote:
what is shaming is our lack of zeal (or expression of it) for the Lord vs their zeal for the demon they worship. we are of the true faith yet we are put to shame.

Brother, I can definitely understand what you mean. It reminds me of what Paul wrote concerning the Jews

Quote:
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

There is something else too that I think brother Greg hinted at in saying

Quote:
burn with passion for God

I have experienced for myself how it is possible to do so much of Christian service apart from and without a devoted and burning heart of love towards God, doing all things as unto Him in and out of love for Him. There are just so many motives and impulses that can take the place of this.

May our hearts be ablaze for our Lord with a singular, passionate devotion and love.

2006/4/14 22:47Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Chris

Quote:
I have experienced for myself how it is possible to do so much of Christian service apart from and without a devoted and burning heart of love towards God, doing all things as unto Him in and out of love for Him. There are just so many motives and impulses that can take the place of this.

i know this feeling also, in fact the Lord jumped on me about it earlier in something i was posting here on another thread. i had initially started out posting out of what He wanted me to post then i got sidetracked :-( This is why it is crucial to follow the leadings of Holy Spirit for He does only what He hears from heaven. therein is our zeal for God, pure and undefiled Holy ghost fire and zeal!

Help us Lord. AMEN.

2006/4/16 12:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy