SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : NEW FEATURE: Recent Sermon Comments Block

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 NEW FEATURE: Recent Sermon Comments Block

You will notice on the homepage of SermonIndex there is a new addition on the lower right hand side "Recent Comments" it will show all the recent comments that registered users make on sermons.

ie [b]· The End Time Man o... (0)[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11454&commentView=itemComments

You will notice it also lists the amount of downloads for each of these sermons. This feature will be good for a few reasons, one it allows people to recommend sermons they think are good and allows them to give feedback into the sermon. Secondly it will bring out some of those hidden gems for users that usually would not hear that sermon.

You will have to be a registered user to use this feature (note anyone can read but only members can contribute comments): http://www.sermonindex.net/register.php

I would love feedback on what people think of this feature.

2006/4/11 17:09Profile

Re: NEW FEATURE: Recent Sermon Comments Block

Quote:
I would love feedback on what people think of this feature.

I really like it. It is such an excellent way to see what messages have been blessing to different members. I do hope the other members use it and that it is a reminder to leave a comment on a sermon after you listen to it...it is so helpful. :-)

Excellent work on the design of the home page. I really like it. Keep it up! All your hard work is appreciated. This website is so edifying. I am praying for this ministry and those involved with it.

Blessings,
Joy

2006/4/11 20:12
Corneliu

Re: NEW FEATURE: Recent Sermon Comments Block

This is very good tool. It helps to know what sermons impacted the people on this site.
It creates fellowship (and probably discussion). After all, the impact of the sermons are (and should be)(one of) the main topic of this site.

2006/4/12 8:53Profile
Josiah777

Sterling, VA

Re:

This looks like a good addition to the site :) It certainly will draw attention to recently listened sermons that have had a comment posted. One suggestion: it would be nice if the whole sermon name would display if you held the cursor over it.

2006/4/12 9:16Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Genuis! I like it!

2006/4/12 10:43Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It creates fellowship (and probably discussion). After all, the impact of the sermons are (and should be)(one of) the main topic of this site.

amen I totally agree with brother, thats the main reason for instituting this feature, my prayer is that the focal point of discussions will be the audio sermons and how people are being taught by the spirit by them and share these revelations.

As for the cursor effect having the whole title appear I will try and work on that but as of right now that is not possible. Thanks for the encouragements and the suggestions. Do reference to this tool in the forums to allow people to get to know this feature exists.

2006/4/12 16:01Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

This is a great feature!

I did not understand at first how it worked but I just recently made a comment on a download and then noticed the title over there and then I got it!

Quote:
the main reason for instituting this feature, my prayer is that the focal point of discussions will be the audio sermons and how people are being taught by the spirit by them and share these revelations.

Excellent.

2006/4/15 11:30Profile

Re:

Wonderful idea.

2006/4/16 0:15
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

I love this new feature! Great idea!!

2006/4/20 19:27Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Glad to see people catching onto this new feature. I do hope many more people start to use it to recommend sermons to other people on sermonindex.

2006/4/22 22:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy