SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus Christ is Perfect Theology!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Burningman

Redding, CA

Jesus Christ is Perfect Theology!

Jesus Christ is our model for ALL Ministry, for He is perfect theology. We are supposed to demonstrate the kingdom of God with power, not just words. But much of the church passively waits on God’s sovereignty rather than taking the kingdom. God wants to keep his promises but we need to develop our faith to receive and aggressively take them. That in might be on earth as it is in heaven that was our directive as sons of God in Christ’s school of prayer.

THE SUPERNATURALY, NATURAL MINISTRY OF JESUS
The world wanted Jesus’ ministry, is that so surprising, it was powerful, just read the first 7 chapters of the Gospel of John? Jesus and his followers used words of knowledge, prophecy, and miracles signs and wonders to win the world; that was their approach to evangelism and harvest. It was the ministry of word and the spirit together, not one or the other. But most often we tend to measure life’s possibilities by our own limited experience. The temptation to deny the existence of things outside our own experience is nowhere more obvious then in the matter of spiritual gifts and the miracles they accomplish. Moving in the spiritual realm should be as much a part of a believer’s routine as prayer, worship and reading Scripture. Yet all too often, Christians practice an intellectual faith, which lacks any supernatural punch. Healing, deliverance and signs and wonders are an inheritance for all followers of Jesus Christ.

The power of Holy Spirit to heal has been continuously mocked and ignored by both professing Christians and unbelievers throughout the world today. But nonetheless Scripture that says He bore our sickness and pains, (Isaiah 53) is an argument for Christ’s atonement providing healing as well as forgiveness. That was the ministry of Jesus healing, salvation, and deliverance. It was for the whole person and whole cities and He has never changed. The life of Christ was the pattern of supernatural ministry for all who would dare to crucify there old way of thinking and follow this reckless path as a disciple that they might launch out in the same demonstrations of power through faith. For there is not a verse in the Word stating that the Gifts of the Holy Spirit would leave the church after the last Apostle died, nor is there a verse that says someone can be saved after the Apostle died? Why then the debate, we where made to live as Christ did in this world, supernaturally natural?

OUR MODEL FOR MINISTRY
We must change our approach to preaching the Good News that it might become as relevant to a lost world as the ministry of Christ was, we can no longer model our ministry after any man but Christ Jesus or we will limit the hand of God from saving humanities body, spirit, and soul; for the hand of man is short and his ministry is limited.

People have been so in the habit of putting Jesus in a class by Himself that they have failed to recognize that He has made provision for the same living Spirit of God that dwelt in His own life, and of which He Himself was a living manifestation, to inhabit your being and mind, just as it inhabited the being of Jesus or Paul. We must go from intellectualizing God’s Word to being impregnated by it, that we might minister as the Maker in creative power. But you can’t give what you do not have, correct? For many in this generation have been handed down a Gospel that contains no power but only the religious forms of the traditions of men, thus the need for a reformation in our theology concerning our approach to preaching the Good News today. If you are walking with Jesus, in the Spirit, you need not fear going too far. No believer has gone as far as God wants him to go.

We need Heavens realities here on earth, but we will not see them if we’re preaching the wrong message! We can’t declare the Good News with persuasive intellectual arguments but we must show the spiritual power behind it. Dispensationalist teaching leads us to believe we hope people are healed but you don’t pray for the lost and hope they’re saved. Why can we impart salvation by faith but not for healing? They are not separate issues they come from the same place—The Word of Truth.

GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD
Jesus said, “As you go, PREACH THIS MESSAGE: 'THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS NEAR.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, and cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. But somewhere along the line we’ve stopped preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom. Yet this is what Jesus demonstrated as our method of witnessing until His return, “this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:14) Jesus’ way is always relevant even up until the last trump.

Acts 1:8 says, “But you will receive POWER when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my WITNESSES in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Yes, we don’t expect the liberals who deny the supernatural dimension of life to heal the sick. Neither do we expect the Cessationists who believe that it’s no longer possible to pray with faith to heal the sick. But we do expect those Charismatics and Pentecostals and third wave evangelicals who believe healing is still for today to minister the gift. Because if not you – who? Who is God going to use? More people will find God’s power increasing in the church when they start stepping out in faith, preaching the kingdom and releasing God’s power. For faith is the only legal way to enter into the race of ministry. If we run without it we will not be crowned accordingly even if we come in first doctrinally.

Heaven never changes and its Gospel has never faded, and its eternal power is still available today to those who desire to preach the Kingdom message as Christ did in faith. For it is not the Good News if it can not longer touch the whole person, but if it can produce the same results in every nation and in every people group on the face of the earth until the coming of the Lord Himself then it’s the GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD!

THE WORLD WANTS TO SEE THE MINISTRY OF JESUS
Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word. Many people, because they had heard that he had given this miraculous sign, went out to meet him. So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. LOOK HOW THE WHOLE WORLD HAS GONE AFTER HIM!" (John 12:17-19) The whole world wants Jesus and all who look like him. Both saved and lost alike desire the ministry of Christ-like men and women, that they may be healed, saved, and delivered and walk with the Father as the Second Adam did in profound intimacy and power.

The world is waiting for an encounter. In Romans 8:19 it says, “All creation is eagerly waiting for God to reveal who his children are.” When Jesus prayed to the Father he identified our ministry with his, in that it was one-in-the-same. He said, “JUST AS You sent Me into the world Father, I also have sent them into the world.” (John 17:18) Therefore, Go into the entire world and preach the good news to all creation. (Mark 16:15) Planet earth is expecting to see a manifestation of Jesus today through the sons of God. But where are His children that with great power give witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus as the early church did turning the world upside down? Where are the preacher’s that can say, “Believe me…OR AT LEAST BELIEVE ON THE EVIDENCE OF THE MIRACLES THEMSELVES. Jesus went on to say, “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.”

The Acts of the Apostles never ended with the last chapter of the book, do a quick study of the first 7 chapters of the Gospel of John, it will give you an overview of how Jesus and his followers used words of knowledge, prophecy, and miracles signs and wonders to win the world. Jesus believed that whole cities could turn to salvation through signs and wonders (Matt. 11:20-24). There are still Kingdom Minister’s walking with the Holy Spirit as Christ did in glory and power transforming whole nations.

YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
Hear the call of the Prophet Isaiah today to join in the harvest of whole nations, "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, BUT THE LORD RISES UPON YOU AND HIS GLORY APPEARS OVER YOU. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn (60:1-3).” The tremendous capacity of the human being to receive God is demonstrated by some of the incidents in the Word of God. The most remarkable in the Scriptures is the transfiguration of Jesus Himself, when the Spirit of God came upon Him so powerfully that it radiated from His being until His clothes became white and glistening, and His face shown as the light. One must be the recipient of the light, glory and power of God before he can manifest it. Jesus demonstrated these two facts: the marvelous capacity of the nature of man to receive God into his being, and the marvelous capacity of the nature of man to reveal God. In the glory shining through His clothes, in the glistening of the glory of God upon His countenance, He demonstrated mans capacity to reveal God. Arise and shine for Jesus Christ is perfect Theology!

EXTRA STUFF

THE TEST: WEIGH THE FRUIT
If you have a hard time understanding this just ask yourself what is the fruit of your Gospel? Jesus gave this list to John the Baptist, “Go your way, and tell John what things ye have SEEN AND HEARD; (1.) How that the blind see, (2.) the lame walk, (3.) the lepers are cleansed, (4.) the deaf hear, (5.) the dead are raised, (6.) to the poor the gospel is preached”. Fruit is the final factor, and this list is a good judge in weighing any ministry today in its representation Christ.

THE CHALLENGE
1. To acknowledge the great need for Gifts of the Spirit in this hour.

You can no longer value a book the early church did not have over the operation of Holy Spirit and power that they did have.

2. To open and yield ourselves to the work of the Holy Spirit.

You know the word but do you know the Holy Spirit?

3. To have life knowledge not just a theoretical knowledge.

What do you know of the Holy Spirit by experience this month, last week, yesterday? Become a doer of the Word.

We can only do work the works of Christ if we believe WE can, today. We must have faith and a strong desire to demonstrate the love of God through the power of the Spirit, for without the Lord we do nothing. Our fruit will only wither away, but what the Spirit produces is eternal, it remains. In Mark 16:17-21 it clearly reads, And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

2006/4/7 15:46Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Jesus Christ is Perfect Theology!

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Jam 1:4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Christ is our perfection, Christ is our ministry, Christ is our Theology, Christ is the Promise, Christ is our Faith, In Christ's Name is our prayer. Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Our supernatural ministry is Christ in us the Hope of Glory, on this earth is us allowing Him to come forth as us.

John 17:21-23 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

How are we to love? John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/4/8 20:19Profile

Re: Jesus Christ is Perfect Theology!

Hi there. Of your post Burningman, I quote the following:

"What do you know of the Holy Spirit by experience this month, last week, yesterday? Become a doer of the Word.

We can only do work the works of Christ if we believe WE can, today. We must have faith and a strong desire to demonstrate the love of God through the power of the Spirit, for without the Lord we do nothing. Our fruit will only wither away, but what the Spirit produces is eternal, it remains.

In Mark 16:17-21 it clearly reads, And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with everything said above, Burningman and would like to add to it. Just because we are born again, does not mean that we are empowered by the Holy Ghost with Power. This only happens when we are Baptized in the Holy Spirit. Most Christians today have not received this baptism, and have only been "born again". They have received the Spirit, but it seemingly does not provide the boldness to witness to the lost:

The Bible tells us that Christ “breathed” on the Disciples and the Holy Spirit entered them:
John 20:22-23 “22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23. Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.”

Acts 1:2-5 we find Christ instructing them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for 50 days, and then they would receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Up until this Baptism of Fire, what type of boldness and power did the Disciples display to the outside world? They performed no miracles, and were basically locked away in the upper room, waiting to be empowered by the Holy Ghost. They even cast lots for a new disciple, rather than being led by the Holy Spirit, who reveals all truth.

Why is the gift of the Holy Spirit missing in our Church today? We have all been born again and water baptized, but where is the power that Christ promised the believer?

John tells us that he baptized with water, but that He (Christ) would baptize believers with the Holy Ghost and Fire. This Baptism would provide them with the power to be a witness for Him, and to do the work of the Church. This is the missing element in todays Church, to be sure. After Pentecost the Bible teaches that in most instances the filling of the Holy Spirit does not happen at the time of water baptism. When does it happen?

The Bible tells us that it happens most often by the LAYING ON OF HANDS OF OTHER SPIRIT FILLED BELIEVERS IN THE BODY OF CHRIST. Some examples of this are as follows:

Acts 6: 5. And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
6. Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, THEY LAID THEIR HANDS ON THEM.
7. And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

Acts 8: 14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17. THEN LAID THEY THEIR HANDS ON THEM, AND THEY RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST.

Acts 8: 18. And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19. SAYING, GIVE ME ALSO THIS POWER, THAT ON WHOMSOEVER I LAY HANDS, HE MAY RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST.

Acts 9: 17. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; AND PUTTING HIS HANDS ON HIM SAID, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18. And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith...”

Acts 13: 2. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
3. And when they had fasted and prayed, AND LAID THEIR HANDS ON THEM, they sent them away.
4. So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus."

Acts 19:" 5. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6. And WHEN PAUL HAD LAID HIS HANDS UPON THEM, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
7. And all the men were about twelve."

Acts 28:" 8. And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, AND LAID HIS HANDS ON HIM, and healed him.

1 Timothy 4:" 13. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the LAYING ON OF THE HANDS OF THE PRESBYTERY."

1 Timothy 5:" 22. Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure."

2 Timothy 1: 6. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, WHICH IS IN THEE BY THE PUTTING ON OF MY HANDS.
7. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Hebrews 6:" 1. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2. Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of LAYING ON OF HANDS, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3. And this will we do, if God permit."

Following are more Biblical references to the Holy Spirit. It is from the book God's Promises For Your Every Need.

What the Bible says about the Holy Spirit

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"
1 Cor 6:19

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
Romans 5:5

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:16-17

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."
John 16:7, 13

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"
Matthew 3:11

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)"
John 7:38-39

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"
Luke 11:13

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"
Joel 2:28

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
Acts 1:4, 5, 8.

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."
Acts 2:4

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Acts 2:38

"And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness."
Acts 4:31

"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"
Ephesians 5:18

"Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost."
Acts 8:14-17

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God."
Acts 10:44-46a

"He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."
Acts 19:2-6

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, that about sums it up. I pray that this blesses you as much as it has me. My wife and I both experienced this Baptism on 6/4/1999 and it has turned our lives upside down, and inside out.

God bless,

Stever

2006/4/8 23:51
Burningman

Redding, CA

Re:

I quote the following from Stever:

Up until this Baptism of Fire, WHAT TYPE OF BOLDNESS AND POWER DID THE DISCIPLES DISPLAY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD? They performed NO MIRACLES, and were basically locked away in the upper room, waiting to be empowered by the Holy Ghost. They even cast lots for a new disciple, rather than being led by the Holy Spirit, who reveals all truth.

“WHAT TYPE OF BOLDNESS AND POWER DID THE DISCIPLES DISPLAY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD?”

I will answer this question.

POWER IN THE BOTH COVENTANTS

Matthew 10
1 He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

We find the same Commission in Chapter 10 of Luke’s Gospel.

Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-two with authority
17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, EVEN* the demons submit to us in your name."
18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

*EVEN the demons. They were implying that they were doing a lot more then just casting out demons here. For Christ had told them before this encounter to go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' And to Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, and DRIVE OUT DEMONS*. (Matthew 10:7-8)

*DRIVE OUT DEMONS is last on the “to do list”, I believe they did everything else Christ said but were fascinated by their ability to dialog with demons and control them through their delegated authority. It also sounds like they had a bit of boldness here, “seventy-two returned with joy” and we not intimated by the demonic realm. They had seen powerful results from preaching the Kingdom.

THE TRANSITUTION

We must take note that this Kingdom of Heaven Message with healing and deliverance ministry was done before the consummation of the New Covenant. Just because our Bible starts with the New Testament does not mean the new has begun yet. Until Christ ascended and sprinkle His blood on the mercy set in Heaven we were under the Old Covenant. The “Not Yet New Testament” as we read it was only the new model of ministry that was being introduced by Jesus in the four Gospels that would later become the pattern for all ministry in the new. It is in the Acts of the Apostles when we see the full-blown ministry of the New Covenant activated through the Holy Spirit in the disciples. Jesus was just the forerunner (Hebrews 6:20).

THE OLD COVENANT

There was power and boldness in the Old Covenant, Elijah and the Prophets are prime examples, so in the life of the disciples we see the same working of the Spirit’s power and boldness. If we closely examine the Old Covenant we will find 7 of the 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit in operation (1 Corinthians 12). The Servants of the Lord were given delegated authority for a specific purpose and the power of the Holy Spirit came upon them with the power to fulfill the ministry objective. Jesus Commissioned His Follower’s in the “Not Yet New Testament” to preach the Message of the Kingdom of God with healings and casting out demons among other objectives. And they did have power even enough to boast about among them self’s.

THE NEW COVENANT INTRODUCED

After Christ poured out His Blood on the alter in Heaven he came back to the disciples on earth and told them to tarry in Jerusalem until they received power from on high (Luke 24:49). In this Jesus directly linked the receiving of this Holy Ghost power to the ability of the disciples to witness the gospel to others and move in the ministry He Himself modeled (Acts 1:8).

After this Upper Room experience we see two gifts’ that were never active under the Old Covenant, Tongues and the Interpretation. I believe through the Gift of the Indwelling of the Spirit that God was giving the world a sign that we must take note of as the church. The Father declared to the nations that His temple was not made of stone but flesh (John 4:19-26) and from that day forth there has been nothing but increase in the manifestation of the Holy Spirit through God’s people especially in prophesy (Acts 2:17). The days of fire falling in the temple and in tents are over now this Holy Fire falls on human temples, yes, and all who ask (Luke 11:13).

THE REAL DIFFERENCE

2 Peter 1:21
For no prophecy ever originated because some man willed it [to do so--it never came by human impulse], but men spoke from God who were borne along (moved and impelled) by the Holy Spirit.

The difference between the Old and New Covenant Ministries is simple. In the Old the Holy Spirit came UPON and in the New the Holy Spirit comes IN. In the Old Covenant the minister’s of the Lord were referred to as, “His servants the prophets”. In the New Covenant He calls us no long servants but friends. The desire is for an intimate relationship and the model for our life and ministry is the Second Adam, Christ Jesus.

THE OLD MODEL

Amos 3:7 Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without, revealing his plan, to his SERVANTS THE PROPHETS.

THE NEW MODEL

John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you FRIENDS, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

The greatest difference between the covenants is, the Blood of Christ. It created a way for us to have unbroken communion and restored relationship with the Father through Jesus Christ. It is what stands out above all in the new and better way, the way of the Blood and that not of animals. It is Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. This truth is the foundation for the filling and abiding of the Spirit in fleshly temples, power, and intimacy with God.

THE GROUND WORKS FOR GREATER WORKS

Christ’s reformation of mans approached to ministry was outlined in His lifestyle. And was fully manifested after He left and the Holy Spirit came into the church in the upper room. If Jesus stayed we could not do greater works, for to exceed Him we would need the fullness of the Spirit, as He had. We could not carry out His work with out consistent power. The filling and refilling, as seen in the Book of Act’s increasing the Follower’s boldness and power, they went from Glory to Greater levels Glory. The Holy Spirit desires to remain on us like in Jesus’ ministry and the Early Churches, no longer in just touches of power as in the Old Covenant but an emersion of the Holy Ghost and Fire that will never go out but blaze without boundaries into all nations.

WE TO CAN WALK AS CHRIST DID

The ministry of Christ was in a time of great transition; therefore we see both the old and new active stimulatingly in the person of Jesus. Who in relationship with the Father fulfilled all His will, for He only did that which the Father showed Him. Our ministry if we will walk in the fullness of the Spirit will please the Father as well. We need only follow the Holy Spirit.

Allow yourself to be filled with the overflowing fullness of the Holy Spirit so that He can work through you to make His truth known. When people not only hear the truth but see it and feel it, they come to know how very real Jesus Christ is. Jesus gives us kingdom authority and supernatural power to be effective witnesses, and fulfill the Great Commission. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. And so are we, his disciples. We still can do nothing without Him. But the things that can be done through us, if we are willing to be filled with the Holy Spirit without measure are limitless, nothing will be impossible. The only limitations God has are the ones we put there our self. Break free today and discover the power and person of the Holy Spirit!

THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

The Holy Spirit is also referred to in the Bible as way more than “just another spirit”. Some of the names, attributes and capabilities of the Holy Spirit include:
• The Spirit of God who hovered over the face of the waters at creation (Genesis 1:2)
• The Spirit of God who caused Saul to prophesy (1 Samuel 10:10)
• The Spirit of God who gave Ezekiel a vision (Ezekiel 11:4)
• The Spirit who enabled Joseph and Daniel to interpret dreams and visions (Genesis 41:12-13, Daniel 1:17)
• The Spirit of God who enabled Jesus to cast out demons (Matthew 22:28)
• The Spirit of God who releases revelation and prophesy (Joel 2:28)
• The Spirit of the Lord who releases power beyond the might of man (Zechariah 4:6, Luke 24:29, Acts 1:8, 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5)
• The Spirit who releases revelatory, healing and power gifts (Hebrews 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:1-11)
• The Spirit of guidance (Romans 8:14)
• The Spirit who gives rest (Isaiah 63:14)
• The Spirit who gives life (John 6:63)
• The Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead and can live in you (Romans 8:18)
• The Spirit of the Lord who brings freedom (2 Corinthians 3:17)
• The Spirit of God who is holiness (Romans 1:4)
• The Spirit of the Living God who makes his Word come alive (2 Corinthians 3:3)
• The Spirit of God who gives life through relationship with Him (2 Corinthians 3:1-3)
• The Spirit of Adoption in the family of God who releases you from the bondage of fear (Romans 8:14-15)
• The Spirit of Truth who proceeds from the Father (John 15:26)
• The Spirit of Jesus who leads us to cry out to the Father (Galatians 4:6)
• The Spirit of the Father who descended on Jesus at baptism and empowered him for ministry – signifying the Father’s approval and authority (Luke 3:21-22)
• The Spirit who inspired the Word of God (2 Peter 1:21)
• The Spirit who reveals that Jesus is Lord and enables great revelation (1 Corinthians 12:3)
• The Spirit who reveals the face of God (Ezekiel 39:29)
• The Spirit who is the comforter (John 14:16)
• And much, much more.

2006/4/11 6:15Profile

Re:

[Quote]
by Burningman on 2006/4/11 1:15:52

I quote the following from Stever:

Up until this Baptism of Fire, WHAT TYPE OF BOLDNESS AND POWER DID THE DISCIPLES DISPLAY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD? They performed NO MIRACLES, and were basically locked away in the upper room, waiting to be empowered by the Holy Ghost. They even cast lots for a new disciple, rather than being led by the Holy Spirit, who reveals all truth.

“WHAT TYPE OF BOLDNESS AND POWER DID THE DISCIPLES DISPLAY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD?”

I will answer this question.

POWER IN THE BOTH COVENTANTS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response to Burningman

The power that I referred to had to do with what they were all about after Jesus ascended. My point was that they did not receive the power to witness and be bold UNTIL Pentecost, when the Holy Ghost came upon them and they were baptized in the Holy Ghost. Until this specific time, they were born again and saved. But, where was the power? Where was the boldness to witness, to heal the sick, to "Go Out" unto all the earth and spread the Gospel?

It was missing until the Baptism of Fire, that they received at Pentecost. Compare their actions after Christ left, and before Pentecost, with after Pentecost.

Their actions consisted of: Abandoining Him; Peter Denied Him 3 times; At the crucifixion they all stood "afar off"; None of them believed the report from Mary that He was risen (Mark 16:11); Then later, after they believed, for 50 days we have a record in the Bible that they did absolutely nothing. They did not witness, they did not raise anyone from the dead, nothing. His words to them ring true to us today "8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 9. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."(Acts 1:8-9)

That is what is missing in the Church today. We are all "Born Again", and saved and are on our way to heaven----Upon our belief in Him, He breathes on us and we are born again. But,we have not all received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit that provides us with the power to be bold and go about His work, and to witness to the lost.

Paul goes into great detail in his writing to let us know that he was quite proud of the fact that he had only baptised one or two with water. What Paul was most concerned with was the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, that came about by laying on of hands by other Spirit Filled (Baptized in the Holy Ghost, with fire) believers.

Hope this clarifies what I was saying in the post that you were referring to, Burningman.

God bless,

Stever

P.S. If you have an electronic Bible, with a search engine use the word "hands" and see what comes up. It will perhaps open your eyes. It opened mine.

P.S.S. Christ ascended on resurrection Sunday, when specifically? John 20:17 tells us that no one could touch him yet, because he had not yet ascended to the father " Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." However, later that day he visited the Disciples in the upper room with his new glorified body. His work in heaven had been completed. His blood had already been placed on the mercy seat, in heaven.
Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

2006/4/11 12:18
Burningman

Redding, CA

Re:

I am in agreement with your doctrine concerning Pentecost, Acts 2:4, and the filling of the Holy Ghost and Power to witness.

but…………..

THE POWER WAS ON PAUSE

The power was not missing before the Baptism of Fire, it was just displayed through a different operation of the Spirit that moved them for a specific purpose, and it was the way of the Old Covenant. There were healing and signs and wonders done in the ministry of the followers of Jesus.

After the cross that power was not seen, this is true. But the power was on its way and in a new way. The fire was going to fall on people for the first time and REMAIN, on a people empowering them.

It was a transitional time during the ministry of Christ, therefore all His follower’s at this time tasted of both the old and new style ministry of Holy Spirit. But when Christ ascended, the New Covenant begun, and when the Sprit fell in the upper room the new ministry started.

Yea, imagine if the followers of Christ had gone without the fire, what Jesus had started in the new would have fell through. They had to wait. The old was over and the new begun but the fire was yet to fall therefore the followers had to wait, they could not start without fire, they could not start a ministry themselves, they needed to be filled as Christ was in His with power. Their own boldness and self-willed power was not enough to go witness with.

The disciples needed power but the Holy Spirit would not longer come for a specific purpose or ministry objective; the old had officially when Christ ascended.

I WOULD LIKE TO CHALLEGE THIS THOUGHT

Stever said:
It was missing until the Baptism of Fire, that they received at Pentecost. Compare their actions after Christ left, and BEFORE PENTECOST, WITH AFTER PENTECOST.

Their actions consisted of: Abandoining Him; Peter Denied Him 3 times; At the crucifixion they all stood "afar off"; None of them believed the report from Mary that He was risen (Mark 16:11); Then later, after they believed, for 50 days we have a record in the Bible that they did absolutely nothing. They did not witness, they did not raise anyone from the dead, nothing. His words to them ring true to us today "8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 9. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."(Acts 1:8-9)

THE CHALLENGE: THE VIEW OF THE APOSTELS ACTIONS
Christ follower’s abandoned Him because the power source was put on pause by the Father that his will might be done in His Son. They did not leave Jesus because they were powerless and weak but because they were in a transitional time that they did not understand. They did not fear death (John 11:16). But were confused, disappointed, and hopeless therefore they back to fishing.

THE OLD WAY
Remember Peter cutting the man's ear off, there was great boldness in him as was in the prophets such as Elijah. Look, image, seeing troops fall to the ground at the words of Jesus. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground (John 18:5-6). What would you do, if you seen that?

Consider the answer proposed by James and John to the even the slightest opposition in Jesus’ ministry in Luke 9:51-56.

As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem. And he sent messengers on ahead, who went into a Samaritan village to get things ready for him; but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "LORD, DO YOU WANT US TO CALL FIRE DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO DESTROY THEM, EVEN AS ELIJAH* DID?" But Jesus turned and rebuked them, and they went to another village.

This is what Jesus said concerning this, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of, for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." Luke 9:56

ELIJAH* Their idea here was to see the kingdom come in power, they thought they where on their way to throne in Jerusalem.(Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him. "What is it you want?" he asked. She said, "Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom." Matthew 20:20-21)

The disciples understanding of ministry was that modeled by the Prophets. They understood that nothing could stand before Jehovah’s messenger and that they had the same power as the prophets did.

THE CROSS
Remember it was the will of God for Christ to die and raise again, this also the followers of Jesus did not understand. Consider the words of Peters to the Master. Peter was expecting to be at the right hand of Christ in power on this throne in an earthly Kingdom.

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." Matthew 16:21-23

The Holy Spirit would not endorse the disciple’s actions in trying to preserve the live of Christ as an earthly king but satan would. It was not that they did not have power it was that it was not God’s will to see Christ live. The Father will not endorse the actions of the disciples or grant them power to help Christ in his last hour for it was not His resolve. The power of heaven was on pause.

The disciple’s were under the Old Covenant and the words of the prophet’s needed to yet be fulfilled, therefore they found themselves abandoning Jesus because the Holy Spirit would give them supernatural boldness and power in this case as was in the others through out Israel’s history. The Lamb of God was going to the cross and there was nothing they could do, He was determined.

MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD
Jesus’ Kingdom was not of this world. Therefore what the disciples seen was nothing like what they expected, through a study of their history. They were waiting for a king to sit in the temple.

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, MY SERVANTS WOULD FIGHT to prevent my arrest by the Jews. BUT NOW MY KINGDOM IS FROM ANOTHER PLACE." "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." John 18:36-37

Many would have fought with Peter, James, and John. But Jesus forbade it, to the point of hiding in caves. His throne was in the Kingdom of Heaven not here on earth. His Kingdom was established in the Heavens therefore we as His followers do not fight as men do on earth. (2 Corinthians 10:4)

After the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus did, they began to say, "Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world." JESUS, KNOWING THAT THEY INTENDED TO COME AND MAKE HIM KING by force, withdrew AGAIN* to a mountain by himself. (John 6:14-15)

Jesus had power to become king and a great following but he would not submit to the temptation. (Matthew 4:7-10)

AGAIN* Makes it sound like He often had to hide in caves during his ministry so that people would not enthrone Him here on earth.

BE CONVICTED, NOT COMFORTED
If you have had an Acts 2:4 experience you should be convicted when you read the Gospels, for the work of the Holy Spirit was limited and it was under an inferior covenant. And when you read the Acts of the Apostles, if you’re not stirred to do greater works through the Holy Spirit in you, something is terribly wrong with your faith.

As Spirit filled believers we must allow the sword of the word to cut and convict us that we might move to action. We can no longer read and relate to Peter and Thomas in their foolish talk and unbelief as seen Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and be comforted in our humanity. God forbid we go on any longer being comforted by their fleshly actions and mistakes hoping we to will some day do great things for the Kingdom of God. We must face the fact the Holy Spirit is in us and step out in faith and free Him to work mighty signs and wonders. They follow, that means you must go in faith. Then you’ll see what you’ve been longing to see, supernatural ministry.

2006/4/12 4:54Profile

Re: "Ye have not because ye ask not"

Quote:

Burningman wrote:
I am in agreement with your doctrine concerning Pentecost, Acts 2:4, and the filling of the Holy Ghost and Power to witness.

but…………..

THE POWER WAS ON PAUSE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response to Burningman:

I can see that you have responded with the writings of someone other than yourself. Terminilolgy like "the power was on pause" and "different operation of the Spirit" and "Transitional Time" (among other terms) remind me of the New Age and can not be found in the Bible.

My question to you Burningbush is:

Have you personally received this Baptism of Fire, the Baptism of the Holy Ghost? It is different than being Born Again, when we are all saved from our sins and the Holy Spirit comes to live in our hearts. This Baptism empowers the believer to witness to the lost without fear, to pray in tongues, to lay hands on the sick and pray for healing, to have a real love and deep feeling for the lost (to name just a few of the signs that follow those that have received the Baptism of Fire).

If the answer is yes, then you have this Baptism. If the answer is no, then you do not. It is nothing to be ashamed of. You can have this Baptism at any time, if you want this Baptism, and for some reason today, most do not. All that is required is praying to God and asking Him for this Baptism of power. God will provide this to all believers if they sincerely want it with all their heart.

Many people receive this Baptism by prayer alone, however most people receive this baptism the same way that Paul describes it in the New Testament- by the laying on of hands by other Spirit Filled (that is code for being Baptised in the Holy Spirit with Fire) believers, and leading you into this Baptism of Fire.

God bless,

Stever

P.S. ".....Ye have not because ye ask not" (James 4:2)

2006/4/12 13:56
Burningman

Redding, CA

Re:

Burningman's response to Stever:

ABOUT THE POST
My previous post was given in response to your post. There was no outside influence in my writings, I simply replied through my knowledge of scripture. The only thing I used in writhing the article was, www.biblegateway.com.

ABOUT ME
I am filled with the Spirit, have had an Act’s 2:4 experience, and I see the power of God daily in my life. I have healed the lame, watched cancer and tumors leave peoples body through the laying on of hands, as well as creative miracles, such as legs growing and skin problems and burns all being instantly healed by the power of God.

I have seen countless touched through the prophetic gift and word of knowledge. People have been saved and healed through a revelation from the Spirit concerning their illness, life (often there past), and dreams and interpretations (Like as in Daniel and Joseph’s ministry).

SIGNS FOLLOW
Just this last Saturday in the mall I’ve seen Hindu’s, Goth, Punk Rockers, and Believer’s where touched with the Power of God in the Market Place. Healings, Miracles, Signs, and Wonders were chasing us through the streets as went out to be a witness of the Resurrected Lord during this most exciting 3rd Day Holiday!

HEALED
A woman that was on crutches with a metal rod in her leg and in much pain was healed as hands were laid on her and the power of God flowed through her body. She walked away without the crutches. Jesus worked with us in performing creative miracles.

A man was completely heal of arthritis and encouraged in the faith. I got a word of knowledge about his knee. I told him what God want to do for him. He felt like God would do it went he wanted to. I told him today was his day and shared God’s heart about healing being his will. The man was amazed as I prayed and he was made whole. For before that he was in constant pain. He told me he was going to go running today and was filled with joy.

SAVED AND ENCOURAGED
A young Hindu woman was glowing around her head (I saw this in the spirit). I did not understand what it meant but later I saw her in the food court and knew what the Holy Spirit was speaking to me. I went up to her and introduced myself and shared the vision. Then I gave her the word of knowledge before she shared anything about herself. I said she was a, genius (very bright, that way she was glowing), loved children, and was going to be a billionaire and build many orphanages.

I asked her what is her heart for children. She said she loved them and wants to have 2. Then she said that she is going to study business at Oxford in London. She was already so blessed but she had yet to know Jesus for herself so I told her about Him and she prayed and accepted Jesus right there in the food court of the mall.

A SPIRIT-FILLED BELIEVER’S APPROCHED TO THE WORD SHOUD BE DIFFERENT!

BE CONVICTED, NOT COMFORTED
If you have had an Acts 2:4 experience you should be convicted when you read the Gospels, for the work of the Holy Spirit was limited and it was under an inferior covenant. And when you read the Acts of the Apostles, if you’re not stirred to do greater works through the Holy Spirit in you, something is terribly wrong with your faith and you need a fresh encounter.

As Spirit filled believers we must allow the sword of the word to cut and convict us that we might move to action. We can no longer read and relate to Peter and Thomas in their foolish talk and unbelief as seen Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and be comforted in our humanity. God forbid we go on any longer being comforted by their fleshly actions and mistakes hoping we to will some day do great things for the Kingdom of God. We must face the fact the Holy Spirit is in us and step out in faith and free Him to work mighty signs and wonders. They follow, that means you must go in faith. Then you’ll see what you’ve been longing to see, supernatural ministry.

A SIDE NOTE ABOUT THE BAPTISM
Many ignorant Believers’ equate the Filling of the Spirit with speaking in tongues only. And this is not true, yes you get to speak in new tongues with the Spirit in you but the Fire is the watermark of the filling; power to be a affective witness, wining souls. That is the real test, POWER.

2006/4/12 21:46Profile

Re:

Quote:

Burningman wrote:

ABOUT THE POST
My previous post was given in response to your post. There was no outside influence in my writings, I simply replied through my knowledge of scripture. The only thing I used in writhing the article was, www.biblegateway.com.

ABOUT ME
I am filled with the Spirit, have had an Act’s 2:4 experience, and I see the power of God daily in my life. I have healed the lame, watched cancer and tumors leave peoples body through the laying on of hands, as well as creative miracles, such as legs growing and skin problems and burns all being instantly healed by the power of God.

I have seen countless touched through the prophetic gift and word of knowledge. People have been saved and healed through a revelation from the Spirit concerning their illness, life (often there past), and dreams and interpretations (Like as in Daniel and Joseph’s ministry).
xxxxxxxxxx

A SIDE NOTE ABOUT THE BAPTISM
Many ignorant Believers’ equate the Filling of the Spirit with speaking in tongues only. And this is not true, yes you get to speak in new tongues with the Spirit in you but the Fire is the watermark of the filling; power to be a affective witness, wining souls. That is the real test, POWER. The Baptism comes though a power encounter not a preacher asking you to repeat these words or you mimicking someone’s tongue. Power!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response:

Praise the Lord!! We are indeed on the same page.
How did you receive this baptism? By individual prayer, or by others laying hands on you and leading you into the Baptism of the Holy Ghost?

None of us as believers can pull ourselves up by the power of our own will, or by listening to sermons, or the prompting of our Pastor that instructs us to witness to the lost, lay hands on the sick and pray for healing. What is needed is supernatural power from above that Christ promised us.

The Spirit Baptism of the Holy Ghost is what empowers believers to be about His work, just as Peter, John and all of the disciples that received this same power at Pentecost.

Today, much of the Church in the western world is weak and timid, and without power. The missing power can only be provided by the Holy Spirit. We all have the Holy Spirit, that resides in our hearts. What most believers do not have is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, that comes UPON the believer that provides this power.

All that want it with all of their hearts can have this baptism in which the Holy Spirit comes upon believers and empowers them. It is not automatic, that accompanies salvation, as so many believe.

God bless,

Stever

2006/4/13 0:58

Re: Acts 2:14? IS IT FOR THE CHURCH TODAY?

Quote:

Burningman wrote:

ABOUT THE POST
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's response:

Exactly where did you go to on the above website to come up with the various terms that you used?

Terms like: 1) power source was put on pause; 2) they were in a transitional time that they did not understand;

Also, you specifically made reference to 3) If you have had an Acts 2:4 experience;

As well as making reference to 4) "As Spirit filled believers"

The reason I included the reference to Acts 2:4 is that you do not reveal to others HOW THIS EXPERIENCE TAKES PLACE TODAY, since Pentecost was a one time event, as far as most believers are concerned. Also, I mentioned your reference to "Spirit filled believers". The problem with that is that today every Christian believer THINKS he/she is already spirit filled because the Holy Spirit lives within his/her heart, and he/she is born again.

The reason I am coming back to this again is that I cannot see any clarity in what you posted. If I was not "Spirit Filled" I would not have a clue as to how I could personally receive the Baptism of Power. However, I am Spirit Filled, and have received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and received power, but---I cannot make any sense of what has been posted here. How can I have this power- How, When, & Where?

BURNINGMAN---I have two questions to ask YOU that will help all others who happen on this thread:

1). How, in the year 2006 is it possible to receive the Acts 2:4 experience?

2). How did you (Burningman)receive your Acts 2:4 experience wherein the Holy Spirit comes upon you with fire, and how long have you had this gift of the Holy Spirit?

3). How can anyone who wants this Baptism of Power receive it?

Would appreciate your response, Burningman.

God bless,

Stever

2006/4/14 0:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy