SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why are you here?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
alanrepent

Why are you here?

This site seems to have a lot of truth to it:

[url=http://allathisfeet.org/chatrooms/index.html]http://allathisfeet.org/chatrooms/index.html[/url]

2006/4/5 22:34Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re: Why are you here?

:-)

2006/4/8 11:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Alan,

Great link, yes that is very true the internet can become a place of comfort for sin and a guise of spirituality. We have sadly even witnessed this on sermonindex in the last 2 years of some that came amongst us but where "not of us". I love that website it has so much truth on it, here is a link to the homepage where people can read articles etc:
http://allathisfeet.org/index.html

2006/4/8 14:53Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Great link, yes that is very true the internet can become a place of comfort for sin and a guise of spirituality. We have sadly even witnessed this on sermonindex in the last 2 years of some that came amongst us but where "not of us". I love that website it has so much truth on it, here is a link to the homepage where people can read articles etc:
http://allathisfeet.org/index.html

I asked a question on another thread and then prayed for the answer and found this reply to be the answer and thought it may be be wise to bump it so we're all aware of what it takes to be "of us".

Jesus set the example I believe and it is HIS Image we are Striving for .... No One Else's.

God help us all to be "worthy" in HIS eyes only, for many shall say in that day "Lord, Lord".

Galatians is the read for the day here and I thank Him for answered prayer today here.

2006/4/8 17:00
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re:

hey meAgain,
im not really sure what you meant in your post. What was the answered prayer?

-Joe :)

2006/4/10 23:08Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
[b]Why are you here?[/b]

This is a good question. I think SI is a great place for fellowship and learning when I'm going through the day confined indoors. Tremendous resources from folk who truly desire(d) to please the Lord.

As much a blessing as SI is and has been, I still have to couple that thought with an ongoing message that I also feel and it is that of genuine expression of faith through obedience to Christ's commands. Coming to SI or even my other devotional time only prepares me for my 'real' expression of faith. My times of fellowship with the Lord strengthen me to go out and allow Christ in me to [u]be[/u] Christ in me. No longer [i]me[/i], but [i]thee[/i].

I think the question we may want to ask is, "Why am I at His feet?" Our prayer and devotional lives are vital to our relationship with God. But imagine for a moment a husband that sat home all day and told his wife how much he loved her and never went to work to provide. How long would it take before she said, "If ye love me, get up and get to work." So often folk get caught up expressing their love to Christ in "word and in tongue", but we are told 'let us not love' in this way. Not that is wrong to say "I love you" or compose songs and poems to those we love. But "let us love in [i]deed[/i] and in [i]truth[/i] (I John 3:18).

'Deed' here is [i]ergon[/i] and means: business, employment, that which any one is occupied, that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind, an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work (stdylte).

We hear it so much that it has almost become cliche'. But, where would our Lord be if he we walking the earth again? Where would Paul be if he were walking the earth or Peter and the disciples? It all comes back to Matthew 25. Notice in these passages our Lord is about to separate 'Sheep' from 'Goats'. There are sheep, goats, and wolves; but here He is almost setting down the criteria for who is legit and who is not. They all grazed the pasture lands and they 'ate' as it were from the Master's Table. But notice the criteria for separation:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (Matthew 25)

If I were confined indoors I would seek in any way possible to let Christ be Christ in me. That may mean loving and helping folk right here in these forums. But so long as I am able I must go where Jesus would go and do what Jesus would do. Paul did what he could from Jerusalem or a jail cell. We need to likewise be constrained by the love of Christ that dwells in us.

Is it not interesting that it was the Apostle John who wrote so much on love that contends that it must be authenticated with actions and not just 'words' and such? Was he the only one? What did James say?

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. (James 1:27)

Religion here is [i]Threskeia[/i] and it can be translated as 'worship'. I like to say 'pure expression of ones faith' or religion (threkeia). This is akin to Romans 12:1 in which Paul begs us to present our bodies as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to the Lord; which is our [i]spiritual service of worship[/i]. Present our bodies? For what? In the Old Testament the offering was sacrificed by the priest, but presented by the offerer, who transferred to God all his right, title, and interest in it, by laying his hand on the head of it (M. Henry). This is like saying to God, here is the keys to my body now take me where you will and do what you will do. I am dead- but Christ liveth in me. No pretense. No lip service, but genuine authenticatable religious worship through complete obedience. A slave to Christ. Working the work of our Lord while it is day.

2006/4/11 8:12Profile

Re: Why are you here?

Robert,

I've appreciated your ministry on this point of 'doing' as an expression of faith ....... a part of worshipping our God.

2006/4/11 14:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy