SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : trees

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Maybe a poetic reference to a groggy Christian who is disinterested in the lost. He sees trees walking around that could be thrown in the fire. But once he wakes up and his vision clears, he can begin to prune the trees to perfection.

Just an idea.

2006/4/3 14:23Profile

Re:

dear diane
"My dear,it’risky admitting this to a piano teacher. I may come back to you with questions: “How come?” or “What are you going to do about it?”"

because i dont pratise enough? i thought i'd be thelonious monk instantly..like with God,i felt like i would find something that screamed this is ur gift this is what ur here for a connection..
i remember selling a shakuhachi(japanese flute)to a lady she was around 27ish..she had played standard flute,because as a child she had heard a shakuhachi and new instantly she wanted to play one..but not knowing what it was started on a standard flute..i was so jealous to be connected to something so instantly phewwww..
i think the words of john coltrane make a lot of sence here he once said "if no one came and saw me play i would still play" it was his life maybe thats the same with christians maybe some are only interested when there's trimmings,gifts,power etc..
TRUTH BE TOLD fear of being urself? someone one said anything even a faith which you use to hide from being urself is a terrible things
andy

ps piano advice most welcome! diminished intervals mannnn geezeeee

2006/4/3 16:42

Re:

hey i forgot to thks everyone for there replies! thks!!
the idea of groggy vision connected with my view of the lost makes a lot of sence..frankly i dont! my family & friends are all unsaved..i dont sit with them thinkin man there going to hell,i know i should but i dont..

it flies of in another direction either oh there be a loop hole lol,or a(a big or)i argue with God over the parameters of Gods plan..if this is all a chess game i cant argue that the pieces exsist neither the board..but can about the design of the board the peices or that God chooses to put them on the board knowing there fate..
andy

ps the comments about scary,is also in relation to Jesus moving onto another village because of there lack of faith hardly anyone was healed..it sobering even Jesus needs the person to have faith for it to happen

2006/4/3 16:59

Re:

wowee it dawned on me readin this thread there's so many answer's to one verse none wrong but maybe just what God wants u to gleam from it for that time..of course beside its fundamental truth..
andy

2006/4/3 17:15

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
It is like what Chris said. Jesus did it on purpose, but the man looking into the spirit and seeing what we should all see contrary to what Brother Wilkerson siad.

I was relaiting that time the man saw men walk as trees to what we should all see.

We should be looking for fruit and if it is good or bad.

I remeber a discussion that took place on here were I said we should look for good fruit, and I gat slapped down for saying it, by a moderator. How do you get away with that Logic? :-P

In Christ
J-bird

2006/4/3 20:02
Logic

Re:

Quote:

J-bird wrote:
Quote:

Logic wrote:
It is like what Chris said. Jesus did it on purpose, but the man looking into the spirit and seeing what we should all see contrary to what Brother Wilkerson siad.

I was relaiting that time the man saw men walk as trees to what we should all see.

I remeber a discussion that took place on here were I said we should look for good fruit, and I gat slapped down for saying it, by a moderator. How do you get away with that Logic? :-P

In Christ
J-bird

Maybe the moderater found the truth of the matter.

2006/4/3 23:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:

Perhaps you both ought to find scripture that supports this.

Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. Rom 14:13

Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
Joh 8:15-16

2006/4/3 23:30Profile

Re:

wowee guys sorry my orginal thread as moved into a mild dispute..im real happy with the replies i got so thks to all!happy to end this thread with all the info i got thks
andy

2006/4/4 0:20

Re:

I don't know ... disrespect isn't good to say things like that on board ... to someone's face O.K., but not to someone else about someone else, in open discussion ... but I know anyhow, Logic put these verses on pg 1 and I really don't think Logic meant his answer in any bad way above. He's the respectful type. Wow, he even was polite to 'me' when I tore into him once ... surprisingly enough ... not surprising that 'I' would tear in, but that anyone could be polite to me under those circumstances ... Ha.

Mat 7:16-19 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good :20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Shalom

2006/4/4 0:25

Re:

Andy, I think you hit on it here.

Quote:

prayerbone wrote:
wowee it dawned on me readin this thread there's so many answer's to one verse none wrong but maybe just what God wants u to gleam from it for that time..of course beside its fundamental truth..
andy

2006/4/4 0:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy