Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : FREE FROM SIN - Rev. Ernest O'Neill

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re: Ernest O'Neill

Thanks for posting this textsermon, was a very good read!

Quote:
The old self is subtle. It'll appear to be obeying God's Commandments yet it will get it's own way by some corny little compromise.

Thats what I need to get rid of, trying to bend obeying God, so I can have more gain and still appearing to do Gods will. If I really was focussed on Him and not self I would not mind to make the sacrifice. I'm thinking about last sunday how I told and thanked God that it rained so I could listen to the sermon. Otherwise I would go to the beach with my housemates. Then it stopped raining and I went to the beach.. oh I'll listen to the sermon later and have my quiet time later. (Was a big contrast with the day before where it did went Gods way..)

Quote:
Romans 6:11, "So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus", and you remember the Greek word 'luggedso' means not only to think intellectually that you're dead to sin and not only this kind of self autosuggestion, "I am dead to sin, I am dead to sin, I am dead to sin", not just that, not just pretending with autosuggestion but it means treating yourself as really dead with Christ.

It means treating yourself as really crucified with Him and as having no right to your own way and no right to other people's respect and no rights to other people's prayer. 'Luggedso' considering means treating yourself as really crucified and really dead. Now you can see loved ones that that involved a willingness. It doesn't involve the exercise of your own will, which you are unable to do, but involved a willingness to be crucified.

Awesome! Can't become much more clearer then that. ;-) Makes perfect sense. :-)

2006/4/5 11:41Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Here is the sermon the transcript is taken from

[url=http://audio.worldinvisible.com/mp3/rom0614_small.mp3]Free From Sin[/url]

2006/4/5 12:06Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I wanted to put this link up to make it a bit easier to get to the messages. I had a little bit of trouble finding them. The list of audio/video is a great help as well.
[url=http://www.worldinvisible.com/avlib/indexmoreav.htm]World Invisible[/url]

2006/4/10 16:31Profile

Re:

I do not know who posted these sermons from Ernest, but this is so refreshing. I have been a Christian for almost 20 years and I have recently heard teachings on a clean heart by Wesley and others like him. Also, I have read the many verses in the scriptures about receiving a pure heart by faith. Being dead to the world and the world dead to me. Not selfish, but full of the love of God and His Spirit. I am listening to a series called: "Is Purity Possible?" by Ernest and it is great. It is hard to find brothers who will encourage us in this way, but when we find them it is a so precious.

If the Holy Spirit does not take complete control of you or me then the devil and your flesh will, we can only serve one master. I have been reading my Christian experience in the seventh chapter of Romans for many years, but I have determined with God's help I will read my experience in the 8th Chapter of Romans soon. That is: as Christ was in this world so will I be too. My heart will be perfect as my heavenly Father's. I can be holy as He is holy. Today is the day of Salvation and Jesus will save me to the uttermost! Cleaned from all sin and all unrighteousness and sanctified: my spirit, soul, mind and body. "From now on let no one cause trouble for me, for I bear on my body the brand-marks of Jesus."

-Kenneth Martin

2012/9/18 22:57
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Re:

Dear Brother Kenneth, I can't see you face to face but if I could I am almost sure you would have a sparkle in your eye. It seems you have laid hold of some of the most wonderful promises of God and "see" that His Son is most able and willing to perform that which He has promised, He has promised us a new heart, and a new spirit, and to put His Spirit in us, and to cause us to walk in His statutes. When God says, "Walk before Me, and be thou perfect", surely Jesus Christ is powerful enough and victorious enough to perform it! And surely the God of peace is most willing to sanctify us wholly, and our whole spirit, and whole soul, and whole body be preserved blameless, faithful is He who calls you, who also will do it! I am most sure we never have to worry about God being angry that we believed or expected Him to do more than He was able or powerful enough or willing to do. Only believe.
Bless you dear brother!

2012/9/18 23:37Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Doing a search on Rev. Oneill, I found a webpage with links to download (video and audio) many, many of his sermons. I haven't gone thru them yet but they look quite promising. You can find them here:

http://trychurch.com/avlib/html_series/How-Then-Can-You-Live.html

-TW

2012/9/19 0:24Profile

Re:

I found this link, which is similar on purity:

http://www.worldinvisible.com/avlib/html_series/Is-Purity-Possible.html

I also found this other weird site on him:

http://oneillexposed.blogbole.com/

Does anybody know what this is all about? I just found out about O'neill today and listened to a sermon that a brother sent me. I thought it was good. After doing some more research on his sermons I came across this website from some former members of his church and they do not appear to be happy with him.

Here is good link to free books from his site (i.e, Nee, Murray, Brengle, Bounds, etc., etc.):

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/bookcat.htm

2012/9/19 1:40

Re:

Quote:
Does anybody know what this is all about? I just found out about O'neill today and listened to a sermon that a brother sent me. I thought it was good. After doing some more research on his sermons I came across this website from some former members of his church and they do not appear to be happy with him. Soldout2Him.

I can’t comment on the claim which Kush makes in his web site concerning Mr O’Neil’s past activities. I am struck by the effect Kush’s experience with Mr O’Neil’s ministry in the 1980’s has had on his life. Also how others have dealt with their own disappointment from those days. It would seem that an ability to forgive in the end has made the difference as well as an unwillingness to condemn Mr O’Neil completely as well. Although Kush says that his motive to expose Mr O’Neil comes from the fact that Mr O’Neil has never apologised for abandoning thousands of young believers in fleeing to another place in 1984, Kush has clearly lost his faith in Christ and therefore cannot accept the possibility that forgiveness is still an option for everyone involved. It just goes to show that unless we ourselves can forgive those who hurt us, we will in all likelihood never really know the forgiveness of God ourselves to cover those things we have done to others.

This also makes clear that if we do harm the flock of God and do not repent we may find that in the end we will do the same thing again. Our end will be worse than our beginning.

2012/9/19 5:38

Re:

I agree Amrkelly:

"But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions." I had worse done to me by a pastor and I forgave him and pray for him.
“Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.”

Consider others more highly than yourself. God has commanded us to love our enemies, do good to those who hate and despitefully use us, be at peace with all men, lay down our life for the brothers and a brother, overcome evil with good, turn the other cheek, put others needs before your own, etc., etc. After reading all these commands from the Father it should make us cry out: "this is impossible with man" or "how shall we be saved!" Repent says Christ or you will all likewise perish!

For the law is good, and holy, and just. The law is a schoolmaster (i.e., tutor) to bring us to Christ. If we turn from our own selfish pride, self-righteousness, and turn to the only ONE who is able to save our soul from death and to the uttermost: Then He will make us His sons and daughters, to sit in heavenly places with Him. For the Godhead will make us holy as they are holy, give us a clean heart, make us to walk in Their ways, etc. As Paul has said: I died so Christ could be revealed in me. Paul tried everything else in his own strength and through the best of religions, but Christ had to knock him off his horse, take him alone into the desert and put His hand to “piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow” of Paul’s inner man. Then Paul died and Jesus became alive in him!!! Amen. KM

2012/9/19 19:14

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy