SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any Type II Diabetics among us?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Any Type II Diabetics among us?

Just curious... are there any Type II Diabetics among us, or am I the only one?

Krispy

2006/3/31 8:29
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Any Type II Diabetics among us?

Hello Krispy

It seems we have more in common than a great taste in bible versions.. I was diagnosed 2 years ago. In my case it was the result of terrible eating habits over the last ¼ century. Making better food choices, and one small pill morning and night have it under control. I am slowly shortening my belt also.
Many blessings Greg ;-)

2006/3/31 11:51Profile

Re:

Hey Greg...

I inherited it. I've always been a bit of a health nut... watching what I eat, weight lifting, coaching football, wrestling & basketball... and got Type II anyway. bummer.

The reason I asked is because there is a new drug out now called Byetta. It is an injection of a protein based medicine... the protein was discovered in the saliva of a poisonious lizard in New Mexico.

Anyway, it is specifically for Type II Diabetics.

What it does is when you inject is an hour before you eat it slows down the amount of sugar released from your liver, speeds up the insulin your pancreas produces, and causes your stomache to slow down it's digestion of your food. The result is it drastically reduces your blood glucose levels after you eat. I would be normal all day, but after I ate I would be around 230. Now after I eat I'm usually around 115.

If you experience highs after you eat, you should discuss this drug with your doctor.
Here is the drugs website: http://www.byetta.com/index.jsp

It's worked wonders for me, bro... if your a candidate for it, I should tell you that one of the side effects is that you feel fuller on less food... thus weight loss is very common among those who use it.

Krispy

2006/3/31 12:22

Re: Any Type II Diabetics among us?

Hi Krispy,

Sorry to hear this, bro. Will keep you in prayer.

2006/3/31 13:09
roadsign

Re: from a lizard??

Quote:
the protein was discovered in the saliva of a poisonious lizard in New Mexico.

Now, this is truly remarkable!!! So, what happens if people can't catch enough of these lizards?

It's good to hear how well this med works for you. Do I understand correctly, you inject it prior to each meal? It must be much better than oral meds, or who would want to trade for injections. Do you vary the dose according to blood glucose levels?

I wonder if Mother Nature has anything hidden away for type one diabetes. It would be so awesome if something could be discovered for my two diabetic children before it's too late. Already, in their twenties they have suffered a lot from it, and have experienced nasty set backs due to other illnesses.
They are a constant prayer concern for me.

Anyway you didn't ask about Type 1. I am very happy for you, that you are under good control health wise. May God grant you (and Smokey too) continued health.

Diane

2006/4/1 19:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
Now, this is truly remarkable!!! So, what happens if people can't catch enough of these lizards?

Well, the protein in the drug is synthetic, but based on the protein found in the lizard. The one side effect I dont like is that I now have an appetite from flies and bugs... and my tongue is sticky and longer now! But I can crack it like a whip! (Kidding!)

1 injection before breakfast, 1 before dinner... same dosage each. 10 mcg's. And mosquitos hurt worse.

Krispy

2006/4/3 14:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy