SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tongues That speaks to angels !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis annie
i know you believe in the gifts sis, i'll be giving Gabriel a call tomorrow so i'll let him know to pray for you too. the enemy's minions have been working overtime so i know sis, trust me i know.

God bless and keep you sis,

prayin for yu!

2006/3/30 18:49Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Hey everyone

Thank you Farai for your posts, that is just what I would have said. Thank you Krispy for your contributions and Sister Annie your prayer request is noted, I will be sure to take it to my fellowship group for prayer but I suppose Farai (IRONMAN) will be able to respond to you faster than me, since internet access here is a little hard for me to get at.

Just one thing I want to add in my own conclusion, this is not at all a teaching point for me or anything I exhort you to but, as the subject came up I was lead to testify of how the Lord has been working in my life. Should we truly marvel at such minor things as these? The same Jesus who went up into heaven and was taken up in a cloud works things which are a million miles beyond the giving of utterance. There is no real way for us to rationalize this so we may have to agree to disagree in the as we endeavor to keep the unity of faith in Jesus Christ. If I have stepped on any toes may you forgive me in the name Jesus for His sake.

Gabriel

PS: I have seen the questions possed to me and I believe my brother answerd well on my behalf but if you have more to inquire please send me a personal message. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you all. Amen.

2006/3/31 1:52Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
My personal opinion is that Hebrew is the language spoken in Heaven. In every single instance where scripture mentions a voice from heaven being spoken, and it states what language it was in... it was Hebrew. Both OT & NT. This was even true when Jesus spoke to Paul from heaven on the road to Damascus...

Hmm... If that is true (I haven't checked all the references), the question would come up..

Has every person in the Bible that an angel spoke to been one who understood Hebrew? In the Bible, was there ever a person that did not speak Hebrew that an angel spoke to? If not then your point really couldn't be proven could it?

That's just what came to mind when I read your post..

2006/3/31 10:45Profile

Re:

All I'm saying is that when a voice was spoken from heaven, and scripture tells what language it was... it was always Hebrew. Even when spoken to Paul, who understood Hebrew (he was a Pharisee) but it wasnt his normal language.

With the exception of the NIV.

Krispy

2006/3/31 11:07
Mavtech

Iowa

Re: Hey I don't know if this is how to post to the discussion: I'm new here

I'm new to this web logging stuff but ran across your discussion on tongues and was so blessed I read every word and prayed over it. any way here is what I tried to say earlier.

Greetings Saints, Disciples (of Christ), and Seekers,
I tried to write a log to add to this discussion last night but the power went out I saved the words on my laptop and am now at work so I will send them later.
Just know your discussion has strengthened and encouraged me. I love you all and give all my love to God.
That is all for now my questions are in the later posting (God willing) I will send.

God bless,
Keep up the dialogue you are blessing more than you will know on this side of life.
Jeremy Weeks

2006/3/31 11:37Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
All I'm saying is that when a voice was spoken from heaven, and scripture tells what language it was... it was always Hebrew. Even when spoken to Paul, who understood Hebrew (he was a Pharisee) but it wasnt his normal language.

With the exception of the NIV.

Krispy

Krispy--In this case when we call on the Name should we say "Yeshua" versus "Jesus" I am not being sarcastic, this is something I've been thinking about as a curiosity. I figured you would be a good person to ask.

2006/3/31 14:38Profile
Mavtech

Iowa

Re: Jimm, You and the others have blessed me

Greetings Saints, Disciples and seeker,

Is not Jesus so powerfully working in our midst and in this time?! I truly believe that we should not settle for living lives content with out the powerful work of God present in every member of the body and our bodies.

I just recently was lead to this website. Today I returned and found this posting. I have never spoken in tongues, although I now a few who have prayed for me and with me in this gift, I read this dialogue of experience and scriptural truth and was immediately blessed. I found that your words were bathed in scripture and love. I too am eager to be used by God and am seeking his will and purpose for me. I am trying to first practice the discipline of purity and am eagerly repenting of sins that I allowed permission to be part of my heart and life (ie. lust, selfishness, etc.) . Since this is a continual and on going process adn practice I don't intend to stop this practice but am eager to begin this time ( I am greatly enjoying it and being blessed greatly).

Any way back to your discussion..... thanks for listening and anyone who is interested in sending a personal word to me my email is: ([email protected]) please be gracious and gentle.

Any way, God is good, and as I mentioned: I haven't been able ,if that is the word, to speak in tongues. Some have said pray for it and claim it, and then just let your tongue go. I don't understand that but try in faith to experience this gift ( like someone sd in an earlier post I and I paraphrase " there is a difference between gifting of tongues and the body of Christ all being allowed to speak in tongues to God (romans 8 "spirit intercedes with groans" off topic but came to mind)." I really am eager to find out what God's spiritual gifting is through Christ in me but I don't know how to learn my gifting in the spirit.
So if anyone has scripture to look into that I may see God's heart in explaining the eternal truth of spiritual gifts please email it or send a log on this in reply to my post.
Thanks to anyone who read my words, none of this: not my change in heart, actions, desire to grow, seeking God, or anything else can be attributed to anything but God's awesome power at work in this present day and in my own heart.
All praise and honor, glory and might are yours our Jesus Lord, Savior, and Friend.
Amen( let it be done) on earth as it is done in heaven!

I end in prayer for the repentence of our generation among other things on my hear:
Father God,
Bless this generation, not with more money, less poverty, or anything else unless it brings us into deeper and more abiding fellowship with your son Jesus Christ. May all things be to your glory in our lives and not our own sinful lives, humble our spirits and break our hearts, bring us to your feet and feed us the bread and water of life. Use the men and women and children of this day ( our generation) to bring about a great and might spread of the gospel and a turning of the world's heart to God, I know your world says that this world will end not in peace but in your return and an end of the ruler of the kingdom of this world. You are King of kings and Lord of lords, please be at work and bring as many children into your family as possible. I love you lord and seek to have you be my all. Jesus, Jesus, Praise Jesus. Oh that the day would come where we join you in eternal fellowship, yet we wait and live our lives knowing that your timing is perfect and I wonder in the thought that had you come back just a hundred years earlier say 1900 a.d. then I don't think my soul would have been formed in my mother's womb as you knit me together. But in your perfect patience you loved me even to the point of withstanding sin up till now to allow my and all our births to this day (not to mention that you loved me to the point of death, Jesus be raised up in glory).
Forgive my many words Father, I seek not to please man yet bring your glory, I am not assamed of the name that brings true life. Father I pray that you would use these words to bless just one heart. I pray that others will not be offended but challenged to seek you out in the Bible. Your word is truth.
In Jesus Name I pray and in the heart of his purpose and love,
Amen,

Hey anyone who read my words forgive the length but I found myself truly enjoying this. I truly was bless by the dialogue, so I was compelled to respond to this conversation. If you could respond to me with words of encouragement (ie. scripture, sermons, general words of wisdom, etc.) I would greatly appreciate that.
And if you could direct that encouragement towards the spiritual gifting and God's will in showing me, mine, then great but I welcome all words of truth.

PS. while half way though this log the power at the Christian bookstore/ coffeshop I was at went out (it was storming) and my internet went down so I couldn't send this and inturn kept logging away. I hope this reaches the website and then you. If not, then you won't read this and God's will would be that I typed all this for His glory and my joy and blessing. But I pray that it reaches you. Amen.

2006/3/31 18:55Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Thank you all for your posts!

Mavtech

Please forgive the late and very brief response on my part, but I felt I had to at least acknowledge that I was deeply touched by your post, by the zeal for the Lord that is burning in your heart, the same zeal in you is in me and we are truly brothers in Christ. My internet access is limited but God is opening doors and I believe this is one such door. I am stired to write a seperate thread on "spiritual gifts, callings and natural abilities" (all are important) but as for this thread I think we may go off topic if we expound on that here. Please pray for me that the Lord gives me the words to speak from His Spirit. Please email me and let me know what the details of your struggles are so I that I may minister more earnestly. Do not be ashamed, for there is no condemnation in Christ. ([email protected]

Annie

I hope you read this post sis because I would like you to send me the details of your situation so that I can pray more thoroughly for you. You can send mea PM or email me at [email protected]

Gabriel

2006/4/1 8:45Profile

Re: Thank you all for your posts!

Thank you brother Gabriel. I think I've just had the worst 8 or so hours in a long time.
Found out how entrenched my daughter is into Catholism for one and other sad things came down like a load of cement on me this nite.

I will send health details as soon as I can find more strength to type. 'Very' kind of you to offer.

Thank you brother.
Annie

2006/4/1 8:52
Mavtech

Iowa

Re: Thank you all for your posts!

Jimm, I am now at a ministry training seminar about spiritual counseling. I am eager to write more to you and hear your words. I pray that the God of all wisdom and knowledge will fill you with his spirit as you write your heart and the truth God has given you.

More later, But thank you for responding,
Your Brother in Christ,
Jeremy Weeks

2006/4/1 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy