SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tongues That speaks to angels !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Also brother Jimm/Gabriel, I wanted to explain why I had to laugh at WDJD's post and posted my rub-ba-da-ba-do- thing there.

It is mostly "Pastors" that I was thinking of there ... and it was either laugh or cry at that point.

They're supposed to be examples, but when the Holy Spirit is "not" on them and their "tongues" are originating from the flesh only by "copying some mentor", it sort of turns my stomach pretty badly.

Hope you weren't offended.

Thanks brother.
Annie

2006/3/30 5:58

Re:

Paul was trying to overstate something in order to make a point. He was NOT teaching that we can or should speak in the language of angels. Yet many today have taken this one verse completely out of context and made a doctrine of it. Thats just foolishness.

My personal opinion is that Hebrew is the language spoken in Heaven. In every single instance where scripture mentions a voice from heaven being spoken, and it states what language it was in... it was Hebrew. Both OT & NT. This was even true when Jesus spoke to Paul from heaven on the road to Damascus... unless you read the NIV, and then it's mistakenly changed to Aramaic. (Most of the other modern versions say Hebrew, or Jewish tongue, etc... the NIV says Aramaic, and is wrong)

Note that Paul did not speak Hebrew as a "mother-tongue"... yet thats the language Jesus spoke to him in.

So, if you want to speak in an angelic tongue... learn Hebrew.

Krispy

2006/3/30 9:44
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

thats a good one!

I think it is time for me to pull out my hebrew for Dummies book (No, I really do have that book), and start trying to learn Hebrew again.

That is a good point, I never thought of it like that before,

blessings,

matthew

2006/3/30 9:50Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis annie
i can attest to the truth of what Gabriel is saying in that i was with him during this time. in asking the Lord to give him utterance to command the angels to worship Him, that had to do with Gabriel (who was skeptical of such gifts) checking to see if this was real or not. He had asked the Lord to give Him utterance for several other things too but didn't mention those in the post.

unlike the other tongues in which we sometimes spoke/speak in, this was not one which we were unctioned to speak in very often. since that time i've been more aware of the Lord's angels about me going about the Lord's work so it's not like "hey how you doin? cup of tea" kinda thing but on occasion the Lord will respond to a prayer or need of mine by sending an angel to assist me.

[b]let it be known that i don't ask God specifically to send an angel but He does so of His own choosing. [/b]

2006/3/30 14:03Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Krispy
while it appears that Paul was trying to make a point (which he was) by mentioning tongues of angels he acknowledges their existence. if they didn't it would be a lie to mention them as he did.

i can attest the their existence because i've heard my brother speak in them and so have i. now when this happened he was at his home and i was at mine and when the Lord brought us together on the day we both spoke in them we'd not talked about it but when it happened it was confirmation for us both of something the Lord had shown us before hand. now we're not saying go out and seek this coz we certainly didn't, in fact we didn't even want anything from the Lord save for kicking a few habits and getting into heaven, God evidently had other plans.

[b]we're not saying go out and seek this but we are simply testifying and speaking of what the Lord has done in our live in His own sovereignty and for His own purposes. we are not teaching it as doctrine, it is just a testimony.[/b]

i made the mistake of mentioning it in passing right after this started to happen on s.i. and got into a dust up about it and the fallout from which has cropped up in subsequent discussions. i've had to explain myself time and time again in private and some people don't believe it which is cool. the bottom line is i know it to be true and the Lord confirms it and that's good enough for me. i'm not trying to convince anyone, just offering my testimony.

The Lord has shown us so much using all manner of illustration and poured out all kinds of revelation on us which we've not shared on s.i. because it would be controversial and would really do more harm than good.

so in this matter Krispy i disagree with you (as we have and do on others). i guess at the end of the day if you or anyone else had been there it would be real to you like it is to us. again noone has to belive this in the least we're just sharing testimony. we know what the Lord is doing in us and through us (it's way more than we bargained for) and trust and know the Lord is indeed at work.

love y'all brethren

2006/3/30 14:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
while it appears that Paul was trying to make a point (which he was) by mentioning tongues of angels he acknowledges their existence.

No, he doesnt acknowledge anything by what he said. To sure, angels do speak in a language. That should be obvious, but he was not saying that we would. He was using an overstatemet to make his point. Kinda like if I said "I could drive this car from here to the moon, but it doesnt mean I have to like it." Am I acknowleding that there is a moon and I can really drive my car to it?

Quote:
i can attest the their existence because i've heard my brother speak in them and so have i.

How do you know? Have you heard angelic languages? How do you know it wasnt an earthly human language?

Quote:
so in this matter Krispy i disagree with you (as we have and do on others). i guess at the end of the day if you or anyone else had been there it would be real to you like it is to us.

Since I wasnt there, you're correct that I cant judge it for myself... nor will I attempt to. I would just caution you not to put experience ahead of scripture.

And of course... much love to you too my brother.

Krispy

2006/3/30 14:34

Re:

IRONMAN, you know I'm full-Gospel, so I believe in the gifts.

My thing is, would you guys pray for me, I'm under some pretty heavy duty stuff right now from humans coming in at me at a time when I'm sort of at a worse physically and could use all the Godly prayer I can get.
I know when it started and why and I know for sure it's a demonic attack thru those who are open to that sort of thing - because of the work I've been into of late, and some burdens for folks that's been laying on me for their well being. Hey, if Paul could despair even of his life, who are we.

Thanks brothers and whosoever will.

GQ, didn't make it to the Dr today. But thanks.

2006/3/30 14:37

Re:

I never said I didn't believe in tongues OR gifts. I just think the doctrines of angelic prayer language is based on very thin ice.

And you can count me in for praying for you!!

Krispy

2006/3/30 14:50

Re:

Hi Brother Krispy, I was replying to Ironman's post to me up top - 4th down ... and THANK YOU BRO for the prayers. Very much. All His Very Best to you.
Thank you.
Annie

2006/3/30 14:58
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Krispy

Quote:
No, he doesnt acknowledge anything by what he said. To sure, angels do speak in a language. That should be obvious, but he was not saying that we would. He was using an overstatemet to make his point. Kinda like if I said "I could drive this car from here to the moon, but it doesnt mean I have to like it." Am I acknowleding that there is a moon and I can really drive my car to it?

well you know we disagree here and i know you still love me coz i still love you bro.

Quote:
How do you know? Have you heard angelic languages? How do you know it wasnt an earthly human language?

till that day i hadn't, now i'd spoken in a few different languages via Holy Spirit but this was uniquely different. perhaps the Lord will have us physically fellowship one day and if the Lord leads you may hear it. just take my word for it (if you will) or not but it is very different, very different.

love you bro

2006/3/30 18:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy