SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Second Coming and the Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hopeofglory

The Second Coming and the Rapture

I would like to add this small piece of info. Sorry is someone already put this. Sometimes we get caught up in Daniel or Revelation, so I like to listen to what Paul has to say about it. Background info on the text. Paul had spent three weeks teaching all things to the church of Thessalonica. After he left, some people came in and got the church all stirred up by saying that the Day of the Lord had already come and the Rapture had aleady taken place. With this said, enter 2 Thessalonians 2:1-5.

"Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering (rapture) to Him, we ask you, not to be so soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who exalts himself above all that is called God ot that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?"

I love this passage because it gives us clear insight into Paul's end time theology. If refutes the idea of some imminent rapture, by clearly outlining some of the things that has to come first. It is true that we do not know the day or hour; however, Paul apparently understood the season of the coming the Lord. He understood what the Scriptures said concerning the Day of the Lord. I just thought I would add that tid bit.

2006/3/29 21:27Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: The Second Coming and the Rapture

I completely agree and this passage was the Scripture that really opened my eyes.

2006/3/29 22:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy