· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Great Falling Away

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Great Falling Away

As many of you know the Davinci Code movie is about to be unleashed on our world and many scholars believe this will cause a pandemic in christendom. The book that has sold billions of copies has already caused millions of christians who are weak in their faith to ditch their christian faith and except this "fairy tail" as truth. Is this the Great falling away that the scriptures tell us about? Hollywood is one of the most influential media in our world today. I'm afraid this will cause a plague in our churches, the likes which has never been seen, once this virus is allowed to be released. Please keep our churches in prayer as we have to find a way to answer many of the deceptive questions that will arise once this is released. Could this be the falling away that is happening? I have known MANY who have EXCEPTED this book as reality and many who have CONSIDERED it. What are your thoughts on these events.

In Christ
J-bird

2006/3/29 8:03
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: The Great Falling Away

There was a book written some years ago (I believe it was in the 1980s) entitled "The Great Falling Away" by a man named Milton Green. If I remember correctly the introduction was written by Leonard Ravenhill and is more true now than when it was written.

I believe the apostasy warned of in scripture has already occurred in much of the west and pray that the Lord God of heaven wake up the Church before it is too late. I'm not much into secular books or movies so I don't know much about the "Da Vinci Code." (Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed.)

2006/3/29 8:13Profile
crucified

Re: The Great Falling Away

I believe the Da Vinci code is simply a manifestation of a great falling away that has already happened and in continuing to play itself out. "Because they received not the love of the Truth, I will send them a spirit of strong delusion that they may believe a lie and be damned."

Our cowardice in standing up and speaking up to the false prophets that have been in our midst in such a great way since the early '70s has resulted in a generation ripe for deception.

2006/3/29 11:31Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

In no way shape or form is this movie the da vinci code,the great falling away! and hollywood being the strong delusion is wishful thinking.The great falling away, will be with the anti or christ like figure claiming to be god,even bring fire from the sky,as a sign.

2006/3/29 12:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
generation ripe for deception.

Very good thought.

2006/3/29 14:50
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Da Vinci code is just a Hoax and the guy that devised it just before he died said so.
It is just a very low outtake on the gospel of Phillip. Dan Brown has capitalized on it and made a fortune.

DNA testing of the great Queen that was supposed to be in the line of Christ's descendants doesn't even come close to the Jews that were in the time of Christ much less Christ's DNA, which no man has ever had or will ever have, because it was The Fathers', God Himself, and Christ the only begotten and the Father being One God How could there be any descendants?

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/29 16:02Profile

Re:

The fact that this is a hoax even makes it more alarming to me that this has caused so much caos and planted so much doubt in the hearts of people. Everywhere I go people have been effected by it.

I can only imagine what will happen when the movie is released. It's had effects on people, even in my own family. As you know many people don't read anymore, so many of the people the book has not influenced, will be influenced, I'm supposing, by the movie.

There have been some counter attacks on the book by some christian writers who have seen the dangers and evil behind this book. I think the name of the book I'm thinking of is " Deception of the Davinci Code".

2006/3/29 16:32
nacl

Babylon

Re:

We all know of the effect that the Da Vinci Code book has had on our society. I must say that I doubt that this phenomenon (the book, the upcoming movie, and the preponderance of other materials inspired by the Da Vinci Code)is the great falling away that Paul warned us about, but it is another trap set by the enemies in these last days.

I believe that we should all be prepared to face the challenge that will be come with the release of the movie, which is sure to be big.

[u][b]1 Peter 3:15[/b][/u] "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."

[u][b]Proverbs 15:28[/b][/u] "The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked pour out evil things."

These verses tell us to be prepared for the lies that are to come forth in our days, and to be ready to point men to the reality of Christ.

The Da Vinci Code calls into question the divinity of Christ, the infallibility of the Bible, orthodox views of history, and the very nature of God Himself. It presents as truth "evil things," which, of course, we are to expect from "the wicked."

The premises behind the Da Vinci Code book are by no means new ideas. These heresies is as old as some of the gnostic and apocryphal works themselves.

Anyway, I say all of that to say this: there are a good number of nice resources that point out the flaws in Mr. Brown's book and the ideas behind them. If you are interested in having some answers to specific questions that are posed by the Da Vinci Code, there are plenty of books and I'm sure there are some websites that deal with the issues at hand.

Being firmly rooted in the truth of God's word is essential.

With the movie coming out, this could be just as good as the release of the Passion of the Christ as far as seekers and skeptics bringing spiritual discussions out in the open. What an opportunity to lead men to see Christ as He is in truth!

Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might!(Ephesians 6:10)

Your brother,
D.

2006/3/29 16:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
this could be just as good as the release of the Passion of the Christ as far as seekers and skeptics bringing spiritual discussion out in the open.

Good point. A reverse reaction. hmmmmmmmmmm.

2006/3/29 17:24
nacl

Babylon

Re: Books

I purchased and read "Cracking Da Vinci's Code" by James L. Garlow and Peter Jones, which I must say was not what I expected, but it was very good. It deals with what is behind the logic of Brown's book, basically sexual freedom and relativistic spirituality due to freedom from the Christian worldview. It's about 250 pages, very easy to read, highly recommended.

Erwin Lutzer, pastor of Moody Church, wrote The "Da Vinci Deception," which I'm sure is good. Check out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0842384308/qid=1143670639/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-7794681-1840149?s=books&v=glance&n=283155 where it's on sale for $9.74.

This Amazon page also has links to a couple other books that may be of interest to you.

The only book I've read on the subject was "Cracking Da Vinci's Code." I did not read the Da Vinci Code, nor do I think that I will.

As I said in my previous post, there are probably quite a few websites with refutations of the book.

Study prayerfully!

2006/3/29 17:25Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy