SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Buddy that started his own ministry and is separated.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Buddy that started his own ministry and is separated.

I have a Buddy that started his own ministry and is separated, what does the word say about this? he is even going as far as writing a book called Separation and Ministry and why it's ok, he is basically separated because he is a control freak according to his wife, just wanted to get some feedback on this, it seems like today that people change there beliefs with the times, but I don't feel that way the word it the word is the word and it don't change to justify the times.

2006/3/25 11:47Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Buddy that started his own ministry and is separated.

Hi MrBillPro, how are you?

These verses come to mind from 1 Timothy

Concerning what the KJV calls 'Bishops'

Quote:
One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Concerning what the KJV calls 'deacons'

Quote:
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Have a good and godly day. :-)

2006/3/25 12:47Profile

Re:

I agree with the verses cited in the previous post. "Ruling" his house well does not give him the right to be a control freak. And it is not a biblical reason for his wife to agree to a seperation. Your friend can write all the books he wants to justify whats happening in his life... but they all are trash if they dont line up with the only Book that matters.

He needs to go home and fix things there before he even considers starting a ministry. God has NOT called him to begin a ministry at this point in his life. He is doing this on his own, and the Word of God says: Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. (Psalm 127:1)

Krispy

2006/3/27 10:15

Re:

I would definately have to hear both sides of the story before making any assumptions. And as far as the ministry goes, I would have to take a leave of absense until I got things handled.

2006/3/27 12:20

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy