SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : For Such a Time as this... info please?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

For Such a Time as this... info please?

British Summertime begins at 0200hGMT on 26th March this year, when our clocks go forward an hour.

Please, I'd be grateful for [b]the dates in other time zones[/b], when your clocks change again.

I know a couple of States in the US [i]never[/i] change, but also that [u]we don't all change on the same date[/u].

I'd like to keep an eye on the calendar over the next weeks until all the hour differences are back to the usual gap and would appreciate a few of you from different longitudes, posting the date your time zone changes, this year.

Thanks. 8-)

2006/3/25 7:33
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re: For Such a Time as this... info please?

Hi Linn,

This may help:

When we change our clocks
Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United States at 2:00 a.m. on the first Sunday of April. Time reverts to standard time at 2:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of October. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It begins the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment

This info came from http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
they also have a link for info for other areas.

God bless,
Jeff

2006/3/25 8:37Profile

Re: For such a Time as this

Hi Jeff, thanks.

OK. So if I get you correctly, the main difference is Daylight Saving [b]begins a week later in the US[/b], than in the UK. And, the whole of Europe changes together with Britain. So far so good.

But what does this mean, then?

Quote:
In the U.S., each [u]time zone switches at a different time[/u].

:-o

2006/3/25 9:50
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Dorcas, I found this also...

http://wwp.daylight-saving-time.com/

It says it has "Changing clocks & DST schedules around the globe"

Hope this helps.

2006/3/25 10:16Profile

Re: For Such a Time as this... info please?

Thanks, Chris. I'm glad I asked. Seems the US changes next weekend then, it's all going to next year, the change will be three weeks [i]earlier[/i].

The help was appreciated.

2006/3/25 11:59

Re:

Dear Friend, You'll have to forgive me, as this topic is quite cryptic to me. For reasons beyond my control, I've been actually, truthfully, honestly living without calendars, clocks or much of any reference point of time and sometimes 'space'. I'd like to throw a "ha" in there, but ... I think it's too strange, even to me. :-?
I'm more perplexed by this phenomena than most folks would even find the words I use to express it.

Anyhows. I hope and pray we'll all sync soon enough ... but knowing OUR Faithful Shepherd ... that's assured.

:-D Oh Blessed Hope ... what an anchor to OUR souls.

Glory to God and pass the spiritual ammo.
Love you.
Annie

2006/3/25 19:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy