Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Secular Message Board Evangelism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

Secular Message Board Evangelism

I have started "open air" preaching on secular message boards. Does anyone else do this? Any other message boards out there to recommend?

A Servant of the Lord,
Doug Renz

2006/3/24 22:11Profile

Re: Secular Message Board Evangelism

Haaaa, PTL, Glory Alleluia ...

Anyways ... I just got wind of a new one, it allows 'religious stuff', so it's for mature Christians that know how to maneuver in those type waters.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Real_Life_and_Beyond/index.php

I can bring you all you want and post the warnings with them. Some are for Mature Christians ... this one above just needs a careful touch.
Some are for those who know how Nazareth was back in Jesus' day ... sort of how you know your own self and all. Ya know.

But if you know you can handle what Jesus saw ... then venture out with The Holy Spirit, just as you would in the streets of NY.

You can't ask for a better calling brother.

I think what you need most on these next ... is when you find a like-minded believer or ANY believer, handle it the way they did in the persecution times, by just drawing half a fish in the sand and let the other draw the other half and email each other or something and don't get going on the board without the unbelievers in mind.

It's so easy to get battle weary, that you jump at the chance to rap with someone who knows what you're talking about.

I don't know you brother, so please forgive me if I'm rattling on about things you already know.

But I just did what I said above ... Ha ... I got excited to find a like-minded bro ... ha.

Anyway ... Find a topic you're interested in too, like fishing, golf etc. etc., and type something like "golf forum" into Google or whatever ... this way you're at where you can relate. That helps. I'm on a sick folks forum for obvious reasons. Ha. But am expanding as the Lord permits. It's wonderful, truly. I've done this since 2002 and sometimes it can break your heart immeasurably, but so can the actual streets. Just pray and ask The Lord which thread He wants you on.

I'm sure you'll do great and hope to hear how you're doing. It's best to not give out the site you're working on, unless it's to a brother you know works well with you and won't judge you for talking about "golf" or whatever.
:-?

Lord Bless.
I'll be back. Ha.

2006/3/25 1:18
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi MeAgain...

I used to frequent Yahoo Chat Rooms ever-so-often for the purpose of evangelism. It was really interesting. Because of school and work, I don't do it nearly as often anymore. But it is definitely a field "white unto harvest!"

:-)

2006/3/25 1:23Profile

Re:

That's Great Chris. I've never been on a chat room at all. Too fast for me ... I need a half hour to Preview my posts a hundred times, sometimes ... haaaa.
But that's great for you faster witted guys/gals.

I used to IM with my daughter so that's why I don't dare to go on instant stuff and wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, Chris, you know me. :-?

Instant's not good for "some" of us. :-D

Can't PRAY as fast as I used to ... haaaa.

God Bless ya's.

2006/3/25 1:35

Re:

Doug, would you mind giving your testimony here for those who may be questioning their faith and salvation.

2006/3/25 14:24
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi sonofadam777...

Quote:

I have started "open air" preaching on secular message boards. Does anyone else do this? Any other message boards out there to recommend?

As I was telling MeAgain, I used to frequent the Yahoo Chat rooms. If you look around, there seems to be a chat room out there for [u]everything[/u]! Its funny, but you can actually do alot of evangelism in the "Christian" rooms at Yahoo Chat. For some reason, they get frequented by alot of unsaved individuals. All you need is a Yahoo ID to use their services (which is free). It is definitely time-consuming -- but I have seen some great ministry in the past.

I hope this helps.

*[b]EDIT[/b]
[i]A word of advice[/i]:
Be careful when you choose such rooms. If you go into a Jewish room and wildly tell them, "Jesus is the Messiah!" you may find that some people are not just "closed" to your message -- but actually are quite offended. So choose your room [u]and[/u] your words prayerfully.

2006/3/25 14:33Profile
brentw

Ohio

Quote:
I have started "open air" preaching on secular message boards. Does anyone else do this?

I do this...I have been BANNED from some because they didnt like my preaching :-o
I mainly have problems with professing christians.
I deer hunt so I go to hunting forums to post since I "have an in with them"....I'll give a "word of the day" each day with scripture. Some good hecklers out there!

2006/3/25 14:59Profile

Re:

Aw man, everytime I try to sign-off I see another good one. :-D Ha.

I read Doug's message on FireOnTheAlter just a while ago (:-) Googled again) and that's why I asked that he'd share his 'testimony here for those who's faith is down and unsure of their salvation'. [close enough to what he wrote there I feel.]

Chris, I think it's wonderful no matter where one shares The Word/Jesus ... the only thing with Chat rooms, is a question that I'm not sure on either .... but if it's like IM, than doesn't what you say dissappear almost as fast as you're typing ? I really have never gone anywhere near them for the reasons given earlier, but I thought I'd ask.

Some folks need time to look at your words and lots more time to let them sink in. I reckon that's why I'd prefer the time I have to put into an answer to not dissappear in a minute or so and give more than just those present at the moment the chance to see and chew on it for a while.

[b]BUT[/b] ... not saying AT ALL that your ministry may not be just that ... I believe with all my heart, that it very well may be, because someone has to be there too. Amen !!!

Someone mild mannered and loving and mostly one who can type fast and lucidly. :-? That leaves some of us out. Ha !!!

2006/3/25 15:05
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi MeAgain...

Quote:
Chris, I think it's wonderful no matter where one shares The Word/Jesus ... the only thing with Chat rooms, is a question that I'm not sure on either .... but if it's like IM, than doesn't what you say dissappear almost as fast as you're typing ? I really have never gone anywhere near them for the reasons given earlier, but I thought I'd ask.

Yes, it is really easy to get overwhelmed by the typing in the chat rooms. However, most chat rooms (including those at Yahoo Chat) allow you to send private messages to fellow chatters via IM. In my opinion, this is the best way to share the Lord.

Sometimes, someone will ask a question (or ask for prayer) and their request gets "lost" in the chat room. I will simply IM them and share the Lord with that person. There have been many instances where I was able to pray for the individuals. On the other hand, I get alot of Private Messages too, which can be frustrating when you are trying to chat with another person about the Lord.

I haven't chatted in quite some time, though. It takes skill and alot of time (which I haven't had lately due to school and work). But I did have some good experiences. And I was able to pray with alot of people (and share the Word of God too).

2006/3/25 17:19Profile

Re:

That is more cool than all get out.

Well, having trouble expressing myself and keeping up with emails, etc ... it's not a gift I would have, but I KNOW you do.

Thanks !!!

:-D

2006/3/25 17:31

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy