SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why don't sinners like us ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
myfirstLove

Re:

""After being in California for awhile, and striking up conversations with lots of random people, I began to remember how I felt before I met Jesus. I didn't like Christians either. They appeared to be narrow minded, judgmental, and worst of all, lacking in true compassion. Their answers to life seemed trite and unrealistic. Their theology, prehistoric. Their pie in the sky philosophy quite frankly turned me off. In the days when I was looking for "the truth" I was positive Christians didn't have it.""

yeah, i'm sure thats what a lot of the people and pharisees thought of Jesus too.

""Things haven't changed much since then in the minds of unbelievers. The world still thinks we're out of step with the times. Obviously, we do march to a different drum—which is for the most part, a very good thing. But some of our ideas and attitudes actually push people away from the Lord—instead of drawing them in.""

we shouldn't be concern what the lost think of us. we should be more concern about what jesus thinks of us. because of many christians being concerned of what the lost think they have compromise the word and have catered to the wants of the lost. they have water down the gospel for those who are enemies of the cross.

2006/3/24 12:29Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

MyFirstLove

I agree.

2006/3/24 13:10Profile

Re: MyFirstLove

I wish I had known that there were those here that are [b]better[/b] then Melody and Keith Green ... but I know now.

Guess that's why I'm not Holy enough to be here.

See ya's on the streets gang.

2006/3/24 15:42
MSeaman

Michigan

Annie

When did anyone say they were better than anyone else?

2006/3/24 15:45Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re: Annie

All right people, let's not get in offense here. I personally like the article but on the other hand My First Love makes a good point. You have to know when you are being tolerant,compassionate and when you are watering down the gospel so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

When was the last time people walked away saying "This is a hard saying, who can hear it?"

Lord, give us the courage to preach the word fearlessly and give us the love to make a difference.

Murray

2006/3/24 16:02Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

I think a bigger problem, at least in much of the West, is that there are no real differences between those that say they are Christians and those who are not. That's been a recurring theme in some of the Barna polls. So it's been something I have taken to the Lord regarding my own heart, Lord am I like the world?

Once people begin to see Jesus in us and not simply oracles of some religious doctrine, that's when others will come to Christ. They will then see true agape love, not some cheap sentimental emotional experience but a true self-sacrificing love that esteems others above themselves.

I'm not taking a swipe at anyone here but that's the cry of my own heart. (2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?)

2006/3/24 16:20Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

habakkuk3 wrote:
I think a bigger problem, at least in much of the West, is that there are no real differences between those that say they are Christians and those who are not. That's been a recurring theme in some of the Barna polls. So it's been something I have taken to the Lord regarding my own heart, Lord am I like the world?

I'm not taking a swipe at anyone here but that's the cry of my own heart. (2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?)

I am in agreement with you. It is something I am conscious of as well.

2006/3/24 16:22Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Habbakuk,

I think you are exactly right. That is the biggest problem today. I heard someone say, ask your children if you are like Jesus? I know somedays I probably wouldn't want to hear the answer. We need to start walking like Jesus walked or else just pack it in.

Murray

2006/3/24 16:26Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re:

The thread’s question is:

Quote:
Why don't sinners like us ?

I don’t have an answer for us, but for [u]me[/u] the answer is because of tonys’ hypocrisy. Having preached one thing, yet practiced another. I wish the clock could be turned back……. All I can do now is forget those things that are behind and press forward towards that high calling.

Much easier to write that word “forget” than it is to practice. We blaze a trail of destruction when we partake in that which is forbidden, and the fallout affects sinner and saint alike, make no mistake about that. We desperately need consistency, integrity and accountability among ourselves.

Robert sings a beautiful song titled “Let the Blood of Calvary speak for me”. What else is there?

tonys

2006/3/24 16:42Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

TonyS2

I too stand guilty of this.

2006/3/24 16:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy