SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : flesh? what flesh?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

If he didn't have a sinful nature, what is the big deal that he didn't sin? And how could he have been tempted by Satan? I am in no way trivializing this, I just need clarification.

Murray

2006/3/26 20:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jesus Christ was the second Adam, He was a birthed Child of God, not a created man. Jesus had the same ability to choose an evil nature the same as the first Adam. Jesus Christ did not, He chose to do exactly what His Father said for Him to do. Jesus was all man and all God, at the same time because He chose to put aside His God nature and become as a man, He was tempted in every aspect as we are, yet He did not sin. I think as a man He did a pretty good job of pleasing the Father and as God, He had no need to please The Father, for they were One in Union in the God Head. Else how could The Father say this is "My Beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased. It was a big enough deal for The Father that Christ and His death on the Cross was enough to save those that Believe the Jesus Christ is the Son of God. That's good enough for me.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/26 23:49Profile
W_D_J_D

Re: flesh? what flesh?

ok ok ok.

sorry i did not reply earlier......

Jesus when He was on the earth reffered to Himself as the 'son of man' and did not enjoy being called 'good'.

Jesus when He was on the earth was "lower than the angels" (Phillipians 2)

What do we read in Psalms 8:3-5????

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

What i am trying to get at here is that when Jesus was on the earth he was totaly man, like you and me.....he did not sin.....so we can not sin....he lived perfect so we could live perfect.....

People answer me this.....and what a disgrace if you where to answer me incorrectly......

If i overcome sin, and i am but yet a sinful man by nature......and Jesus 'who was God and man at the same time' overcame sin...who is greater??? Me greater than God?

GOD FORBID!!!!

We are not greater than YAHWEH!!!!

However if Jesus overcame the world and he was yet a man it gives us the hope to overcome through Him who eternaly lives.

Jesus the word "became flesh" NOT "looked like flesh" or "became a angel with flesh" or a "god with flesh"

HE BECAME FLESH! The eternal word became flesh on the earth and when he left was exalted to the highest place.

Read the following scripture....

(Hebrews 5:7-9) Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Get it? I pray you do guys....this is amongst the most important things in the bible........

Then you will be able to understand that (Matthew 5:48) and (2 Corinthians 7:1) are not goals that are unatainable.....BUT ATTAINABLE goals thought the Lord Jesus Christ.....who said "with God all things are possible".

Praise the Almighty God on high.

P:S my emphasis (in caps) should not be taken as me attacking anyone, it is merely to stress the point written.

God bless u all!

2006/3/27 0:37Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

You are just an unsinful man with a sinful nature, a created being not a birthed being with the Fathers Nature. Right.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/27 0:54Profile

Hi W_D_J_D

Quote:
If i overcome sin, and i am but yet a sinful man by nature......and Jesus 'who was God and man at the same time' overcame sin...who is greater??? Me greater than God?

GOD FORBID!!!!

We are not greater than YAHWEH!!!!

However if Jesus overcame the world and he was yet a man it gives us the hope to overcome through Him who eternaly lives.

Jesus the word "became flesh" NOT "looked like flesh" or "became a angel with flesh" or a "god with flesh"

HE BECAME FLESH! The eternal word became flesh on the earth and when he left was exalted to the highest place.

I get it, bro. I'd like to emphasise that [u]God[/u] became Flesh. He was always ONE.... I think we give ourselves a hard time by thinking of Him as 'God and Man'.

The fact is, the quality of His Flesh was different somehow, because it [i]was[/i] [b]perfect[/b] and was never less than perfect. Whereas our flesh is being continuously affected by the Holy Spirit. The [i]miracle[/i] is that through the blood of the Lamb, we should be [u]clean[/u] enough to receive the Holy Spirit.

Unless we understand that this grace to us from God utterly [i]transforms[/i] us, then we will continue to question whether we qualify to do His works... which is more than a hint of unbelief. (But I digress.)

Phillip,

Thank you. I do appreciate your posts, too. :-)

2006/3/27 6:23
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

Hi...,I am trying to understand the poster idea! or thought's on Jesus, I wish that any one could explain,??? or make it clear thank you!

2006/3/27 6:39Profile

Hi GQ, you said

Quote:
Hi...,I am trying to understand the poster idea! or thought's on Jesus, I wish that any one could explain,??? or make it clear thank you!

Please could you explain, or quote from the thread, to show more detail of what you don't quite understand?

That would be helpful, thanks.

2006/3/27 13:44
Logic

Re:

Quote:

h2oboy wrote:
Hi Linn,
Would you care to explain 'sin nature' for us?
Thanks.
Jeff

May I?

sin nature is our old Adamic nature wihich is dead spiritualy.

The dead are the ones that didn’t receive eternal life and a new nature

[b][/b]2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, [b]he is a new creature[/b]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

[b]Gal 6:15 [/b] For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but [b]a new creature.[/b]

This new creature that we are has a liveing spirit that comunes with GOD [b]1Co 6:17[/b] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

This liveing spirit is our new nature.

[b]2Pe 1:4[/b] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of [b]the divine nature[/b], having escaped the corruption that is in the world [b]through lust.[/b]

This is what we escaped

[b]Eph 2:3[/b] Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in [b]the lusts of our flesh[/b], fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; [b]and were by nature the children of wrath[/b], even as others.

but when you accept the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross and his resurrection, you get abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness that results in that justification of life(everlasting).

2006/3/27 14:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy