Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Accident In Chile

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Accident In Chile

I have a fellow comrad in our industry whose parents were on that Bus that crashed in Chile. His father is ok and in the hospital, we have not heard concerning his mother. Please pray for him as he travels to Chile on an emergency Visa. Remember those who were injured and please pray for the families.

Thanks so much and God Bless,

Robert

2006/3/23 11:53Profile

Re: Accident In Chile

Oh this is heartbreaking. I can't imagine how I would be if this were my parents. No words to describe how I'd be.

I certainly will pray for this man and his parents and all the others on that bus.

Thank you for bringing this here for him and them.

God Bless you Robert.

2006/3/23 12:13
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I certainly will pray for this man and his parents and all the others on that bus.

Thanks Annie! Certainly it would be a breathtaking ordeal. I understand that there were 4 survivors. He has made contact through a person in the city who called and the Dad has no life threatening injuries. The vehicle plunged 300 feet! God have mercy.

2006/3/23 12:34Profile

Re: Accident In Chile

Robert,

I will pray for you as you support your colleague. I'm sorry to hear about this situation.

2006/3/23 14:21
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

An update on this prayer request:

It happens that the mother and father were both on the bus that went off the road. Tragically, the mother was injured fatally. The father had a surgery and not is recovering from a broken leg. He is said to be in good spirits and both have been flown back home to newark. The family was comforted by the fact that the father reported that he and his wife were having the best of times right up to the accident.

We wish to thank all for their prayers.

God Bless,

Robert

2006/3/27 8:53Profile

Re:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for this sad news about your colleague's mother and father.

Quote:
He is said to be in good spirits

I just want to mention... often after major surgery (which setting a broken leg is), a combination of the endorfins, shock, and the anaesthetic, helps the person to keep going. It would be predictable that about 5 days after the anaesthetic, his spirits may slump profoundly into tearfulness. The chemical effect does pass, but while it is present, it should be accepted as normal and not viewed as the beginning of something more permanent. There is much more for him to process, including the natural sorrow of the situation, as time and space allow. I'm sure you know this. (I know it is easy to be caught off guard when the post-anaesthetic 'blues' set in.)

2006/3/27 11:28

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy