SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : A Suggestory Article: A Covind-19 and Vegtable Gardening

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Suggestory Article: A Covind-19 and Vegtable Gardening

Saints,

I had it on my heart to write this to saints on SermonIndex and my social profile on facebook. We are definetly living in different times and much has changed in the past few months world-wide.

From a perspective as Christians we have nothing to fear, we are called only to fear God:

Matthew 10:28 New King James Version (NKJV)

28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Yet admidst of all that is going on we must also be wise as Christians to react in ways that are sound, self-controlled, and Spirit led. We must all obey the Lord practically in ways that He leads us.

One burden I have had even before Covind-19 was to be taking "small" steps towards gardening our own vegtables. The children love the idea and are fully enthused by the prospect. I believe there is wisdom also for believers, its a practical thing to do, it will get your mind off the media and keep your hands from being idle.

So I recommend all believers to consider to create a good vegtable garden this year. buy $30-100 worth of seed and plant something that you will be able to eat this year.

2 Recommended heirloom seed companies that I believe are good are:

in the USA: https://www.rareseeds.com

in Canada: https://www.rainbowseeds.ca

Just ask the Lord what you should plant, you can plant in the ground broken up or in 5 gallon buckets (just drill a few holes on the bottom).

For those who are more inclined to gardening, plant double this year, so you have vegtables to give away, it is a great way to be a blessing to other believers and unsaved around you.

May we all shine for the Lord in the coming season.

2020/3/31 14:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: A Suggestory Article: A Covind-19 and Vegtable Gardening

Unfortunately here where I live in NC I haven’t had much success with my gardens. Too hot in the afternoons. I had much better luck in Ohio.

I’ll grow some green beans and zucchini- green beans usually work; zucchini 50-50. Tomatoes about 25% chance of reaching maturity.

2020/3/31 17:00Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: A Suggestory Article: A Covind-19 and Vegtable Gardening

Noticed many of the seed companies seem to be sold out of everything. Strange. I have quite a few as I keep them in stock. They could come in handy for trading. I grow tomatoes regularly and can pass on some hints. If you want a lot of tomatoes put a tablespoon of bone meal in the bottom of each hole. Also You need some Calcium or Gypsum added to keep away the blossom end rot where the tomato turns black on the bottom. You can still start seeds now. Homestead does good and so does Big Beef. Big Beef is the biggest producer and probably the best tasting tomato. Don't over fertilize and leave the plant alone, don't prune it except yellow leaves because it needs the leaves to shade the fruit. Water as needed on the ground and not on the plant. Cucumbers grow easily, they will climb a wire fence trellis or strings. Radishes produce in about 35 days. You can grow Charleston Gray Watermelons almost anywhere , as in a flowerbed. These are things I do all the time. We will all make it through this. Things are not what they usually seem or what is taught to you on TV. God has given you the ability to grow food. Most of these things will grow in a flower bed. If you want a cherry tomato, the Sweet 100 will make 100's and boy they are good. They will grow like crazy. Hope this helps someone.

2020/4/1 22:12Profile
passerby

Re:

Gardening is a good tension breaker where one can also pray and meditate a lot. It also a good venue for lifelong learning either for professional and personal reasons.

2020/4/1 22:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I want to bring this up again, it has been appearing on mainstream news sites that possible food shortages could come in the months to come.

2020/4/6 6:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Any suggestions for people that live in multi-housing? I have an acre of property and about all but 1500 sq. ft. is land, with great topsoil and a big creek in the back. Personally, I don't believe anything the MSM say's in America anymore, and I don't believe God will let his people in Multi-Housing die of starvation. I personally would rather die of starvation, than live in fear everyday.

I would have hoped that us Christians would have more faith in these times, so we can be a light to the world, if the world sees us panicking, people will turn away from the faith. Is a garden a good idea? of course it is, I grew up in a generation where we grew a lot of our food, not because we were scared of a food shortage, because we were poor. So yes! if anyone feels the needs to start a garden, start a garden, it's always been a great thing to do, just don't do it out of fear. There are many factors in the weather that will depend on your success, unless you have a indoor garden, and that's a whole nother story.

2020/4/6 10:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Any suggestions for people that live in multi-housing?

brother,

I would recommend people in situations like this if they cannot dig up the ground to get some 5 gallon buckets and drill a few holes at the bottom and fill with dirt and plant: https://amzn.to/3bXg13e. (cheaper buckets are probably gotten at a hard-ware store).

Also grow bags are nice like these potato ones: https://amzn.to/2XdC95d. you can enjoy patatoes throughout the grow season.

Also another supplemental step is micro greens just grab 1-2 of these indoor greenhouses: https://amzn.to/2XequTy

and get seed trays to put the dirt in: https://amzn.to/2JJrpU9

then you just buy microgreen seeds, watch a youtube video on how to grow, basically put 2 cups of water in the tray, fill with dirt, spray the top and sprinkle seeds ontop. Then put a empty tray ontop with a light weight. Leave it for 3 days and then take off the tray to see seeds germinating. The crop will grow for about 7-10 days or so then you can start cutting it and eating. Its a source of greens for the winter also.

To store for winter a great way is a canner, the best durable one is: All American 910 Canner Pressure Cooker, 10.5 qt, Silver: https://amzn.to/2yE5Nq4

Foodsaver with vacum is good to store vegtables in freezer: https://amzn.to/2RfaoWc (not sure if this is the best one).

Back in the day EVERYONE had enough food to last the winter, ie 3-4 months worth, it was just NORMAL for everyone. It is very smart and reasonable to try and do the same in our day.

2020/4/6 12:24Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Brother Greg

My granddaughter is an Apartment manager for probably the most upper scale management company in Houston, I will run your idea past her one day, and see if they would approve/allow your suggestion. I really doubt they or any management co. would allow this outside of the individual unit, and most every management company has a maintenance team that has access to any unit.

The problem with doing this inside of a small apt. unit is, the a/c would draw a lot of water out the garden, also causing the a/c to run longer and be hard on the a/c system, as a/c systems in Houston already struggle during the hot months. I'm in the a/c business, and because Houston is probably the a/c capital of the world, you would not believe how much water is drawn out of a fish aquarium in a months time, not to mention what the condensation and smell might do to the interiors of the apts.

I'm just trying to add a little science to all this, since I have been in the a/c "comfort" business for 38 years. As someone that does occasionally service apts. units for management company's, and has a granddaughter in the apt. management business, I'm somewhat familiar, with their leases. Now, if the worlds coming to an end, my guess is any level headed management company, would allow all the tenants to move outside of their lease rules.

2020/4/6 14:29Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Gardening; you are too late

Walmart and all others have stopped selling seeds. Listed as non essential>

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/lockdown-retailers-decide-items-essential/

Take a look at the white house lectern and notice the great seal is gone. We are now under the Beast system. They've had everyone neatly locked away while everything could be done. everyone will get a check and all is well. We are here. The white horse has ridden with his crown; er I meant Corona. Get the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=184&v=k-DNUynbRJE&feature=emb_logo&fbclid=IwAR1xugZMlYqYtGMN-PFrb0qi-AwhbPguUpNkW8m6nw7TENuBcvy_UO6fknI

2020/4/6 21:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: RogerB

Walmart and all others have stopped selling seeds? Maybe
Wal-Mart has, I don't shop Wal-Mart, but not all others, this is not true, "Well In Houston" every feed store and Lowes and Home Depot have millions of seeds. I was wondering how long it might be before these type posts starting showing up. I pray that Brother Greg responds gracefully to these posts, for the sake of all believers that are new in Christ, or for any believer that might become fearful. These type posts are the last thing we need here at this time, or really anytime in the world.

We are now under the Beast system? what about the other plagues that date back to Biblical times? so today's plague is the real deal, and we are now under the Beast system?

The Bible is very specific about what will happen before the End Times, and those events haven’t all unfolded yet. For one major thing, the ancient temple in Jerusalem is supposed to be rebuilt first.

2020/4/7 9:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy