SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : They Will Not Listen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JosephBourdi

Nigeria

They Will Not Listen

*From the time your ancestors left Egypt until now, day after day, again and again I sent you my servants the prophets. But they did not listen to me or pay attention. They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their ancestors.’ “When you tell them all this, they will not listen to you; when you call to them, they will not answer. Therefore say to them, ‘This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips. Jeremiah 7:25‭-‬28 NIV*

I have spoken in so many meetings in my life. I feel very sorry for myself that I could still remember. But, in all the people I have spoken to in 11 years, 99.9% of them did not take my word. After 12 years of been born again, I feel I have accomplished nothing. I have been in a very difficult ministry; a ministry of young people. The most difficult people to reach out to are people between the age of 15 - 35 years. God told Jeremiah to stand in the gate of the temple in Jerusalem and rebuke the people. If you read the later part of Jeremiah chapter 7, God said to the prophet "They will not listen to you." How will God send a man and still tell him "Your ministry won't be so influential?"

I liken this generation to the generation of Jeremiah. This generation will not hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. I'm not talking about sitting in a church meeting or listening to a sermon, I'm talking about taking steps to becoming holy, I'm talking about been gripped by what God is saying. I find that a lot of people coming to Grace World in the last 6 years, even those that have been with us since inception have not been gripped by God's word. I have had many nights weeping because I feel I have labored in vain.

*Isaiah 49:4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: [yet] surely my judgment [is] with the LORD, and my work with my God.*

Many of you love my messages, you can't even wait for me to write the next devotion, but you don't know the things I am fighting in my life. The saddest thing in a preacher's life is to labor and not see evidence, and I have been put in such a time like this to battle. One of the greatest prophets in Israel who prophesied the coming of Christ said "I have laboured in vain." But I thought Isaiah had crowds coming for the meetings? I thought he was famous and had a comfortable home? John the baptist said "I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness." How will this generation hear if we don't cry? I believe it is time for us to get on our knees and weep before God. Not just for our own failures but because we are carrying a cross to the world, a cross that slayed Christ, a cross that took sin's curse.

O God help Joseph Bourdilon to be a voice in this world. They may not hear me but let me weep and groan everyday. Let my voice come up before you, and if my mouth wouldn't do any better, let my life be louder than my mouth. Even when I'm dead and gone let the world say "A Godly man was here." And let them weep for themselves because they did not listen. I cannot ask for anything greater than this. Help us all Lord so that we will not deny your name, so that we will not bring shame to heaven. I would like you now to turn this into your prayer. May the Lord put His fear in our hearts again. In Jesus name, Amen!

_Prayer Request: May the Lord cause every reader of the crucified daily devotional to take serious every word that proceeds out of God's mouth._

Joseph Bourdilon

2020/2/22 9:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy