SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Standard Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Christian Standard Bible

Has anybody read or listened to the Christian Standard Bible? I believe this is a revision of the Holman Christian Standard Bible.

Anybody familiar with this translation?

Blaine

2018/3/8 16:42

Re: Christian Standard Bible

Been listening to the CSB in YouVersion. Really like this translation. Listening to it is like listening to the ESV. In a way like the New American Standard but much smoother.

Has anybody else had an experience with the CSB?

Blaine

2018/3/8 18:03
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Information can be found on it here: https://csbible.com

"For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." - John 1:17

it can be read online here: http://read.csbible.com

from: https://csbible.com/about-the-csb/history-of-the-csb/

EXCEPTIONAL BIBLICAL SCHOLARSHIP
Over 20 years ago, a team of more than 100 top conservative scholars from 17 denominations came together with one common vision: to create an original English translation meticulously faithful to the ancient Scriptures and exceptionally clear to understand. With the benefit of up-to-date manuscript discoveries and significant advances in research, these translators, reviewers, and stylists exhaustively scrutinized ancient source texts—including the critical Greek text favored by scholars—to determine every nuance of original meaning and intent. The result was a Bible that not only shines by academic standards, but is also remarkably enjoyable to read: The Holman Christian Standard Bible.

REVISED AND IMPROVED
To ensure the very best balance of fidelity and clarity, top biblical scholars have reviewed the full text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, based on feedback from pastors, seminaries, and other conservative denominations. Providing Bible readers with a translation that’s even stronger, this revision, called the Christian Standard Bible, will be available in March 2017 in a wide variety of editions. Learn more about the translation changes from the HCSB to the CSB.

FAITHFUL STEWARDSHIP
The conservative, evangelical scholars of the Christian Standard Bible affirm the authority of Scripture as the inerrant Word of God. Seeking the highest level of faithfulness to the original texts and accuracy in their translation, these scholars and LifeWay, the non-profit ministry that stewards the CSB, also champion the Bible against cultural trends that would compromise its truths.

2018/3/8 19:32Profile

Re:

Thanks Greg for posting this. I'm really enjoying the Christian Standard Bible which is the revision of the Holman Christian Standard Bible.

It is easy to listen to. And certainly easy to read. But also there is a faithfulness to the original languages. This seems to be a hybrid up both the dynamic equivalent and the word for word means of scripture translation.. In a way the Christian Standard Bible is like a hybrid. I think they call it Optimum equivalent. Combining both the dynamic equivalent and the word for word translation of scripture.

All I know is it resonates with my spirit and it's enjoyable to listen to and read.

Blaine

2018/3/8 22:39

Re:

Really like this CSB translation. Because I'm legally blind I mainly absorb scripture by listening to it. Sometimes I will read along with the oral listening with a large print Bible. Both in listening and reading the CSB, it is very nice

I find listening to the CSB is like listening to the NASB with an NIV flavor. I know there's no such thing as a perfect translation. But I think the translators have done a wonderful job and putting together a faithful translation to the original languages without sacrificing readability. Or hearability, if there is such a word. ☺

I really would recommend the CSB both in listening and reading. I'm already in my second listening to the New Testament and it's hard to break away from it.

Again a very nice translation that God has given us.

Simply my thoughts.

Blaine

2018/3/11 10:28

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy