Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : losing posts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

losing posts

It has been my normal habit to highlight and hit copy on most every post I write, otherwise, I get "no forum selected" and it blows out my posting. So, I highlight and hit copy so when it does that, I come back to the same board and repost, then it takes it.

Is there a reason for tossing posts when I have clearly selected a discussion topic, thread, reply then posted?

By the way "Im highlighting, hitting copy" before submitting this post. LOL.

2018/2/22 20:10Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: losing posts

Maybe someone can help you but I'm not sure if you are doing your posts from a phone ? Where is your post when you are typing it, on the forums page or on a separate text editor before you are copying it ?

The web browser you are using could possibly make a difference too.

2018/2/23 5:35Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Marvin

I and old geek, and pretty much understand almost everything to some point, when it comes to computers and the internet, but you have totally lost me here. Maybe it's just the way you explained it, but I have no idea what your saying... :-)

2018/2/23 9:33Profile
dspks

Dakotas

You must be using a PC...

MAC...

the only solution to any computer problem!

:)

2018/2/24 9:19Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: dspks

Hey, some of us are working folks, we can't afford a Mac, one of those probably cost more than the car I'm driving. :-)

2018/2/24 19:36Profile
Jeremy221

I don’t have any technical info on this but I know that God has used similar experiences with SI to check my motivations when posting. Have you had the Spirit checking you or prompting you to post when this is happening?

2018/2/24 21:57Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

I don't have the problem described and am having a hard time understanding why you are "hitting copy" in the first place. I assume "hitting copy" means either: holding down the Ctl and C keys at the same time Or using the mouse on the Edit pull-down menu and selecting Copy. Ok, so now your highlighted text is copied to the clipboard. Again, I don't know why you feel a need to do this, simply hitting the Submit button at the bottom of your post window Should post your submission into the thread. People only Copy something that they later want to Paste into something else and yet you never say anything about Pasting your Copy. Strange....

-Daniel

2018/2/25 8:55Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Truewitness: I highlight and copy so I am ready to re-submit when a post gets lost "no discussion room selected" comes up. I then go back into the room, find the thread and re-post by pasting what I wrote.

by hitting copy I highlight, then its a right clik then select copy so I can resubmit a post.

2018/2/26 16:25Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Jeremy: I have at times interpreted my lost post as 'not meant to be read', but over all I don't suspect God is stopping me from submitting my thoughts.

Ive also written posts that I believed were inspired by the Holy Spirit and were lost, for those I attempt to re-write my post again ( and I will highlight and copy it too) so I can get it submitted if I need to paste it in.

2018/2/26 16:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is there a reason for tossing posts when I have clearly selected a discussion topic, thread, reply then posted?

If you are using a mobile device that could be a possibility why it is not working, what device are you using.

You are doing right to copy any large post before you press submit, as anything can happen even by accident!

I have not been able to re-create the error but do let us know what device and or browser you are posting from.

2018/2/26 21:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy