SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : FOLLOW HIM AND OTHERS WHO FOLLOW HIM - K.P. YOHANNAN

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

FOLLOW HIM AND OTHERS WHO FOLLOW HIM - K.P. YOHANNAN

FOLLOW HIM AND OTHERS WHO FOLLOW HIM - K.P. YOHANNAN

One of the things the Lord did for me when I was just 16 years old was to allow me the opportunity to go to North India with a missions movement. This became my life for the next eight years. Being placed in such a community of believers forever impressed on my heart, thinking and life this thought: My Lord Jesus Christ spilled His own blood to purchase me. How can I live for Him with any less commitment—especially in light of so many around the world who are dying daily without ever knowing of God’s love for them?

As I served with people from around the world, I learned to follow Him by first following others who were already following Him. I learned what it meant to walk with God and how to be godly by observing the godly examples around me. I was taught to forsake all and to be His. I learned service and obedience by living in close community with others. I learned to die daily to my own selfishness and lust for ease and comfort.

There is power in seeing someone live what it means to follow Christ in daily life. It is difficult to start out on a journey of truly following Christ in what He says without seeing someone beside you actually doing it. For me, this is the beginning of where I learned what Christianity is supposed to look like.

If you have not experienced this in your own life, look for someone who has gone further than you. Look for someone who is humble yet bold enough to follow Christ at His Word, and choose to be discipled through the life you observe them living. The kind of situation is one of the best ways to begin walking out authentic Christianity. But maybe for you it is through the life of an author who is no longer living. It could be one of the Fathers of our faith or one of the desert fathers who sought God Himself above all else. Whoever it is, ask God to give you an example that you can touch and see of someone choosing Christ above all else.

You will learn to pray by praying several hours every day. You will learn evangelism by sharing your faith on a regular basis. As He was in the world, we must also be. Jesus said, Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30).

To learn more about School of Discipleship in the US, click here: www.gfa.org/schoolofdiscipleship/

To learn more about the Discipleship program in Canada, please go here: www.gfa.ca/discipleship/

2017/12/17 15:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy