Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Health and Healing Through the Word

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Health and Healing Through the Word

Daily Meditation on the Promises of God

Proverbs 4:20 – 22 says, “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart; for they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh.” The Hebrew word for “health” in verse 22 is “medicine.” God’s Word is medicine to all our flesh. Isaac Leeser’s translation of Exodus 15:26 reads, “…I the Lord am thy physician.” The medicine He prescribes is His Word.

Psalm 107:20 says, “He sent His word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”

2017/8/18 9:20Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Health and Healing Through the Word

Would you say that he is saying to us that if we follow those instructions that are being taught in Proverbs that they will bring health and healing to us ? if we walk in those paths ?

David.

2017/8/19 13:23Profile
docs

Re:

The Hebrew word for health in those verses is again "medicine." That says a lot. And health/medicine to all their flesh cannot mean anything but all their FLESH.

Not long after being saved, Derek Prince laid in the hospital for a year with a incurable skin disease on his feet and ended up being healed supernaturally by the message in those very verses. The word health translated medicine and "all their flesh" was the key that ignited his faith. Through a daily gradual process of taking God's word daily as medicine, three months later he was completely healed of a disease on his feet that had completely stumped several doctors.

2017/8/19 13:35Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Health and Healing Through the Word

Quote:
by davidkeel
Would you say that he is referring to the following of the instruction that is being taught in Proverbs as being health and healing to us if we walk in those paths ?

I am not answering for AbideinHim, I did want to share that Derek Prince was sick and in the hospital for a year when he was stationed in the desert. While he was sick, he read the Bible and came across that verse and the Lord asked him, "What are the directions the doctor gives you to take medicine?" He replied once after every meal and the Lord showed him to read the Bible after every meal. And he did that and he was healed.

I don't know how long he did that but he was healed and he even wrote a small book about it. I think it's called God's Medicine Bottle. I would google that title and "pdf" and you might be able to find it so you can read, it's very good.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/8/19 13:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Would you say that he is referring to the following of the instruction that is being taught in Proverbs as being health and healing to us if we walk in those paths ?"

Brother, it is more than just following the instructions in Proverbs. God's Word is alive and powerful. His Word is Spirit and it is life. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God, and many people have been healed by simply hearing the healing scriptures in the Word of God. Just as the Words of Jesus have power, the living Word spoken in faith by the believer has the power to heal.

The centurion answered, "Lord, I am not worthy to have You come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. (Matthew 8:8)

I have proved this out in my own life. I have been cancer free for over 5 years now with no medical treatments, only biopsies done which have turned out to be negative after the initial biopsy that indicated cancer to be present. The Word is literally health or medicine to our flesh if we will apply it in faith.

This is the teaching that Lisa is referring to.
God's Medicine Bottle by Derek Prince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl5M_PvsNpQ&list=PLgxBvsayOx-dkt_AYW3CCYuQ9dGJkat2T

2017/8/19 15:18Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Thanks for the words. I am not able to carry on with this topic, the Lord doesn't want me to.

2017/8/19 15:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy