SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Within 5 feet!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Within 5 feet!

So a Russian jet has buzzed a American reconnaissance plane by flying within 5 feet of it! I don't get what is going on in Putin's mind. That is as deliberate a provocation as can be. And we just shot down a armed Iranian drone approaching coalition troops. I would say things are getting a bit tense in that region. I wouldn't say it's a sign a rapture is imminent. But still. Within 5 feet!

2017/6/20 12:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Within 5 feet!

Did you ever see Top Gun?

2017/6/20 21:24Profile
docs

Re:

That's exactly what I thought of!

Still, what a in your face challenge and provocation.

2017/6/20 21:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Or- just goofing off. Who knows.

2017/6/20 22:14Profile

Re:

And Greg just posted something about Yellowstone. Seems like there were rumblings coming from the super volcano out there. Almost makes me wish that a pre-trib rapture would come. Don't think I want to be around when Yellowstone erupts.

By the way I saw Top Gun. That F-14 Tomcat is really cool.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/20 22:41
proudpapa

Re : /// So a Russian jet has buzzed a American reconnaissance plane by flying within 5 feet of it! I don't get what is going on in Putin's mind.///

From what I gather he wants the US to leave Syria and Bashar al-Assad alone, What I can not simply understand is why the US refuses to leave Syria alone.

2017/6/20 23:35Profile
Renoncer

Hi docs:

I appreciate the need to stay vigilant in prayer, but these kinds of games are standard operating procedure. During the Cold War, Russian aircrafts would routinely come into close proximity to allied forces in order to make a show of force. The same has been done in the past decade, although you usually don't hear about it. So, I wouldn't be worried about that Russian jet that buzzed an American reconnaissance plane. In fact, it's encouraging that they are content with that kind of game, and do not feel the need to respond with force or all-out war.

Nevertheless, we should continue to pray for peace and for the governing authorities in the world, and for the church to be prepared for the coming of the Lord.

Blessings,
Renoncer

2017/6/20 23:35Profile
docs

Re:

So a NATO jet has buzzed a Russian minister's plane in international air space! After the NATO jet was forced to back away NATO said the Russian minister's plane was to blame. Russia also said that earlier when one of its jets flew within five feet of the American reconnaissance aircraft was because the reconnaissance aircraft had made a provocative move.

The way things are going right now, it might turn into more than competitive fun and games one day.

2017/6/21 22:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy