SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Embracing death is the key to life.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Embracing death is the key to life.

Embracing your circumstances is not surrender, it is overcoming. The battle within almost every human being is the battle of circumstances. It is the source of almost all fear and all anxiety. Your life is a journey. How will you journey? Will the majority of your journey be taken up with the fear of what is going to happen? If you get caught up in the swamp of despair and anxiety then you have lost your ability to live an abundant life.

But Frank, I have cancer and I only have six months left to live. Question, will you spend your last six months on this earth in the swamp of despair? Will it change your circumstances? I have a theory. There is life in surrender. But Frank, you said that embracing your circumstances is not surrender but that it is overcoming. Yes indeed, but there is two kinds of surrender. The first surrender is the surrender of the world and it could also be known as the swamp of despair and hopelessness. In this place there is only death.

The second kind of surrender is the surrender to God. Oh brothers and sisters this could not be more different from the surrender of the world. This surrender is the entrance to His rest. A place where you have laid down your burdens. A place where you walk in peace, a peace that surpasses all understanding. In this place circumstances are merely vehicles to draw you even closer to God. In the other place circumstances are vehicles for drawing you away from God.

What world do you live in brothers and sisters? Remember, you cannot have a foot in one world and a foot in the other, if you do you will love one and reject the other. I believe God is calling you to step from one world, this world, with all of its cares and anxieties and circumstances, into the other world where those very circumstances are robbed of all of their death and are infused with the light of life. There is no escaping the circumstances of this life, there is only surrender. Which surrender will you choose? The one that leads to despair and hopelessness or the one that leads to life and that more abundantly...........bro Frank

2017/4/27 11:10
rbanks

Re: Embracing death is the key to life.

Amen Brother Frank!

Hebrews 2:9 (KJV)
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

2 Corinthians 5:15 (KJV)
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Matthew 16:24-25 (KJV)
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Galatians 2:20 (KJV)
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

As long as we fear death then we have not truly crossed over into His overcoming Life. I do not mean that we will not fear at times but it will not control us. We live by his life in us and we have died to ourselves being in control of our lives.

We have completely put our life and future into the care of God. As Paul stated "I die daily", and we are always delivered unto death. Paul had no agenda of his own...he lived in the realm of Christ with a conscience always toward God. He had already died in Christ and the life he now lived was to Christ.

Philippians 1:20-21 (KJV)
20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I have read this over and over! It is my desire to live the life the Lord has given me to honor him in such a way. Lord always help me to live in such a way that glorifies you unto death. Amen! Forever with you Lord is my prayer!

Blessings,
rbanks

2017/4/27 21:02Profile

Re:

Bro Rbanks writes...

"It is my desire to live the life the Lord has given me to honor him in such a way. Lord always help me to live in such a way that glorifies you unto death. Amen! Forever with you Lord is my prayer!:

Amen brother!.............bro Frank

2017/4/27 21:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy