SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Please Remember the Brunsons

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Please Remember the Brunsons

Brothers and sisters I started a thread on the Brunson's about a week or so ago period but could not find it. This is the latest update from World Watch Monitor. Please keep this brother and his dear wife in in your prayers.

UPDATE (9 Dec.): A Turkish judge sent Rev. Andrew Brunson to prison in Izmir today, 64 days after the US pastor and his wife, Norine, were detained on 7 Oct. under Interior Ministry deportation orders.

Although his wife was released on 19 Oct. and given an extended permit to remain in the country, Andrew Brunson has been held since 20 Oct. at the Harmandali Detention Centre on the northern edge of Izmir.

The 48-year-old was transferred overnight on 8 Dec. to a counter-terrorism centre, before being brought before an Izmir court today (9 Dec.) for interrogation.

The American Protestant heard today for the first time the allegations filed against him, which apparently prompted his arrest and lengthy detention. According to the officiating judge, the “terrorism” charges came from a “secret informant”. The court ruled that the files on Brunson’s case would continue to remain inaccessible to his lawyer, who had not been allowed to meet him until today’s hearing.

According to Norine Brunson, the lawyer confirmed that her husband was accused of links with the Fetullah Gulen movement, which is accused by Ankara of instigating a failed military coup against the Turkish government on 15 July. The pastor is now incarcerated at Izmir’s Sakran 3 Nolu T Tipi Prison.

In a wide-ranging crackdown to identify and prosecute the suspected coup plotters and their sympathisers, with the intention to prosecute them as “terrorists”, the Turkish authorities have suspended or jailed tens of thousands of judges, prosecutors, military personnel, journalists and educators on terrorism charges over the past five months.

Brunson and his wife, who have three children now studying in the US, have lived in Turkey for the past 23 years.

2016/12/9 17:07

Re: Anerican Missionary Sentenced to Prison in Turkey

Brothers and sisters please keep this precious couple in your prayers. From what I understand Andrew Brunson is a gentle man who only wanted to see Turkish souls come to faith in Jesus Christ. He had no involvement in Turkish politics. And certainly the allegations of him being tied to Guillon are false.

They Turkish authorities have closed the case files to Andrew's lawyer. It seems that Erdogan's government is going to make an example of this dear brother. Because the United States will not extradite Guillon back to Turkey.

As God brings the Bronsons to your mind please keep them in your prayers and their church in Izmir Turkey. Also pray for the believers in Turkey as it appears that the Turkish government may start cracking down on the Christians there. Indeed these are dangerous times we are living in.

-bbs-

2016/12/9 17:56

Re:

Saints please post this story on your social mrdia websites that prayer be raised for this brother.

-bbs-

2016/12/9 18:19

Re: Thus from a brother in Turkey

Hey Blaine,

I know a brother who is a missionary in Turkey & knows a lot of people both stateside & in the Middle East. I asked him if he was aware of this & he sent me this response:

"Yeah bro, it's sad. My friend tried to go visit him and nobody is allowed to see him. They are keeping him here.

Dear saints, please continue to keep the Brunson family in your prayers.

-bbs-

2016/12/10 3:46

Re:

Colossians 4:18

...Remember my imprisonment...

Hebrews 13:3

...Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill treated, since you yourselves also are in the body...

Brothers and sisters the Brunson have been told that they have been forgotten by their government. But have they been forgotten by the body of Christ? Is anyone remembering this dear couple in their prayers?

Just wondering?

-bbs-

2016/12/11 7:37
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Blaine,

Thank you for bringing this for our attention and prayers.

2016/12/11 10:45Profile

Re:

Thank you Blain for the reports and updates.
Will regularly pray for them.
May the Lord be near to them in those difficult times and may He intervene supernaturally.

2016/12/11 14:38

Re: Mark & Dave

Thank you both for your prayers for this dear couple. I will post continuing updates as I get them.

Bro Blaine

2016/12/11 15:40
SherlockA

Re:

Thanks for the update bro Blaine. We'll do keep them in our personal and congregational prayers.

2016/12/11 19:45Profile

Re: Sherlock

Thank you dear brother. May this couple feel your prayers and those other prayers that saints are praying for them.

-Bro Blaine-

2016/12/12 9:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy