SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Prodigal problem

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Prodigal problem

Hi guys,

This is a short video for every saint that has an adult child who is not living for God, who has for all intents and purposes has gone into the world. If you have lost your adult child to the world I want you to listen to this that the Lord may encourage you. If you know someone who has a prodigal child this may bless and encourage them. This is not a teaching video, merely a devotional one..........bro Frank

https://youtu.be/6J0oGv4s8i4

2016/6/23 0:35

For all with prodigal adult children

Dear brother Frank,
Thank you for sharing this message and the vision the Lord gave you concerning your own son.
So many of us raised our children in the admonition of the Lord and prayed for them and have seen one or two walk away.

Your word from God to "Let them go" is indeed a difficult one, for we want to warn, fix and steer them from harm. But we have to let go and when after many years we just feel hopeless, you say that it is a necessary place to come because at the end of our hope is Jesus.

I thought of Abraham who was told to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. Surely he was in the same position to "Let go". Though Isaac was not a prodigal, it was a test of faith to trust God no matter what. God would not ask us to do anything that His Sovereignty does not cover. And the Father had to let go of His only Son who bore the sins of every prodigal son and daughter on earth, so when He asks us to "Let go" of our children, there is reason. And at the end of our hopelessness and despair is Jesus.

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom He had given us." Romans 5:3-5

Thank you for the precious reminder.
Sis L

2016/6/25 8:53

Re: For all with prodigal adult children

Frank

That was a-okay, These truths apply to all our cares and concerns as well.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.

Thanks

2016/6/25 9:41

Re: For all with prodigal adult children

HI Sister L

That is a good word, praise the Lord. Issac and Jesus are excellent examples of the principle. Trusting, letting go, praising God in the midst of our turmoil, finding peace when there should be no peace. I think of Jesus in the garden, such turmoil, such agony, such travailing and then " not my will but thine." It is the end of all of our struggles to declare what Jesus declared..............bro Frank

2016/6/25 9:54

Re:

Carmine writes........

"These truths apply to all our cares and concerns as well."

Amen, yes they do............bro Frank

2016/6/25 12:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy