SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ISIS to Execute 180 Assyrian Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 ISIS to Execute 180 Assyrian Christians

The Islamic State terror group claims it will be executing 180 Assyrian Christians who were kidnapped in mass raids in February, after negotiators failed to meet the jihadists' high asking price to free the hostages.

ARA News reported on Monday that the terror group is asking for $12 million for the release of the Assyrians, a sum deemed "unbearable" for the community.

"The negotiations, led by Bishop Ephrem Otnaial, head of the Church of the East in Syria, have been suspended due to the unbearable demands of the terror group," revealed Osama Edward, director of the Assyrian Human Rights Network.
"ISIS threatened to execute the 180 hostages if we didn't pay the ransom," he continued. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/isis-execute-180-assyrian-christians-147449/

2015/10/13 12:03Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: ISIS to Execute 180 Assyrian Christians

180. Way more already "killed and crucified" as the article states.

I've a question: What can we do in America for them? Pray? Yes. Is there anything we can physically do to render on-the-ground assistance? Who is trustworthy to receive our money? Anybody?

This is frustrating. These are OUR family in Jesus. If someone broke in on my family, I'd drop them like a sack of flour as soon as I could aim at them. But, what are we to do? Send a Militia for Jesus over to Syria? Ok. I'll quote Jerry McGuire: "Who's goin' with me!?" No. That's silly.

Here's a hard, cold, sad and immutable truth, folks: Christians are going to be the fuel for many a fire in the coming months and years. Our brothers and sisters in the Middle East already have summed us up as a bunch of posers. They KNOW what martyrdom is.

The most effective witness we can have is to rend our hearts and not our garments before God. To collectively get on our faces and repent for closing our hearts to God, and for ignoring the pleas of His people, and to fast and pray for them. They won't be delivered by this, but we will stand with them in obedience to the commands of Scripture. And, there is some way that God will lead us through their suffering to learn how to suffer ourselves. We owe them that inasmuch as we are just about hogtied on doing anything else. We owe them.

2015/10/13 12:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy