SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : chemo and radiation? Anyone gone through?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

chemo and radiation? Anyone gone through?

Please contact me if so, I was just diagnosed
With cervical cancer even though I've been honestly abstinate
For 14 years since meeting Jesus. I had to have a radical hysterectomy over Christmas for stage 1b2 - all pathology reports for surrounding tissue came back negative but the cells were grade 3 which means they tried to go into nearby blood vessels before being removed. and now
they are saying chemo and radiation - it seems like
No one at the hospital or oncology office or radiation office is Christian and I'm scared.
Any help or prayer or counsel would be so much appreciated. No one I know has been through this, I'm 39, have just been made barren, had hopes of maybe being married again one day, but now everything just seems so bad. I can't feel the Lord in any of this and feel like I'm losing my first love in the middle of everything.
I'm scared I'm going to end up a bitter old woman , I have no desire to share the good news, or love others or any of it. I'm just scared and having a really hard time trusting a God who is not able to get through to my heart. I don't know how to know He's with me except for His word.
I haven't posted in a while so thanks for reading if you do.

2015/1/26 16:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: chemo and radiation? Anyone gone through?

I have never had cancer, but our daughter, Regina, did. She went to be with the LORD 19 years ago on January 14 after battling it for 14 months, more or less.

Regina, had glioblastoma - brain cancer. She was anointed with oil by her pastors three times. The first time included the fetus she was carrying - he was taken by c-section at 30 weeks because she was dying. But she lived another 9.5 months after this.

Regina was surrounded by LOVE from God/Jesus, her family and friends. She was treated at St. Mary's hospital, a Catholic facility. They had excellent chaplains...including a female chaplain - really appreciated her encouragement during this time.

Ruthie, if you wish to call me I would love to share with you. My contact info in on my profile - you can email me your phone number and I will call you at your convenience.

God bless.

Sandra Miller

2015/1/26 17:09Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Ruth,

I don't have answers and if I tried it would not do justice to you. I am glad you posted and I hope you will keep posting. I hope you are part of a local church, too.

The limits on really building each other up online are real but we can listen. I know for me, writing is more fruitful than speaking. So if you are of a mind to share your burdens here, people will support you in real prayer and listening. There may even be women who identify with your pain and questions.

Meanwhile, I pray that the God of peace will fill you with His peace and comfort and that His church will surround you with loving kindness.

2015/1/26 18:38Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re: y

Thank you,
Yes people from our house church that I grew up in dissolved this past year just before I came back from a mission trip to Japan. That has been hard but I do know people of precious faith from many of the different churches here in town. Unfortunately many are in their early 20's or are happily married with families so I feel really alone in this.
Thank you for your kind words

2015/1/26 19:20Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Ginny Rose I still remember things you said , encouraging things, from posts I made a few years ago. I sent you my cell number.
Thank you.

2015/1/26 19:42Profile

Re:

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you know people of precious faith in your town. May you find an "inner circle" who can support you in this difficult time.
First I would like to share a few scriptures:
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;
Romans 8:38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love.
Philippians 4:7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

My mother died of Lung cancer many years ago, so I know a little bit about the shock and pain this causes. In the meantime I have done quite a bit of my own research and would like to briefly add a few things that might be helpful. There are many alternative treatments out there. But they are often suppressed. Why? Dr. Mercola writes: "Please understand that cancer is big business. The cancer industry is spending virtually nothing of its multi-billion dollar resources on effective prevention strategies, such as dietary guidelines, exercise and obesity education. Instead, it pours its money into treating cancer, not preventing or curing it. Why would they shoot their cash cow? "
After all my own research I know I personally will never go through Chemeo or radiation therapy .

May you find some committed Christians to pray with and seek God's strength and guidance and healing.
You will find a lot of information and testimonies on the Internet. Here is just an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyvSmhrlJwE

Will pray for you too, may the Lord be near to you, bless you and heal you!

2015/1/27 1:03
rjennings

USA

Ruth,

I have not gone through chemotherapy or radiation personally but one of the greatest testimonies of my life is witnessing what God did in my mom in the midst of chemotherapy for bone cancer some thirty years ago now. It began with breast cancer and spread into her bone. She had gone through 2 rounds of treatment and was still recovering from the last.

My brother had gotten into trouble and I told him that I would bail him out if he would attend a prayer meeting with me at a coworker’s house that evening. He agreed and got gloriously saved! There was a ninety year old evangelist attending as a guest who invited my brother to a special meeting he was having in Centre, Alabama the next Saturday. I didn’t even hear the conversation but he repeated it to our mom as he shared with her what had just happened to him earlier. He told her we just had to go meaning that she needed to take part as well. She reinforced the fact that she hadn’t been out of the bed in months and was in no condition to be going anywhere.

Around 3PM on Saturday my phone rang – it was mom. “Will you come pick us up and take us to this meeting? It’s all he’s talked about since he gotten home”. I had no idea where Centre, Alabama was or how long it took to get there but agreed to pick them up and figure it out. We arrived at the Western Sizzlin steak house right inside the city limits late but early enough to hear the evangelist. He didn’t speak that long but gave several testimonies of God’s power and gave an invitation to anyone who needed something from the Lord to come forward. It was a long, slender room and not enough space for us to sit together. I sat near the front of the lengthy table near the speaker while my brother and mom sat near the rear. Following the invitation, I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see my mom standing there with tears flowing down her face. She was second in line for prayer. “What do you need from God?” he asked. She responded, “I have cancer.” “Who says so?” he asked. She shrugged her shoulders and said “The doctors”. “Well, what does Doctor Jesus say?” he asked. She didn’t respond but simply shrugged her shoulders. He never touched her but simply asked “Where do you hurt?” and instantly her countenance lit up the room. “Nowhere, nowhere!!!” she exclaimed “It’s the first time in ten years that I’ve been without pain”.

After the meeting the evangelist met with my mom and told her not to accept his word but to go back to her doctor to get his diagnosis. She did and was proclaimed to be cancer free! Praise God! She lived over 25 more years before going on to be with the Lord a couple of years ago.

My wife has now been diagnosed with cancer and is facing chemotherapy without God’s intervention. I know that He is able to miraculously heal her as I give my mom’s testimony perhaps more than my own but I’ve also lived long enough to know that He is sovereign. Daniel 3:16-18 has always been an encouragement to me. I know that He will deliver me but if not, let it be known that I will not serve the gods of this world or turn from the truth He has placed in my heart.

I could go on for pages of what the Lord has done for us even in the midst of this present trial – miraculous things that cannot be explained by even the doctors. We will continue to pray for her healing as well as yours. We serve a mighty God, indeed!

May God bless and heal you sister!

2015/1/27 7:07Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Ruth,

My mom had lung cancer and went through chemo and radiation. She became cancer free but wouldn't stop smoking so the cancer came back and she died in 12/2012 but she was content, that's what she wanted. It wasn't what I wanted that's for sure.

My mom went through a half of a chemo treatment (3 to 4 hours) every week and radiation every day (M-F) for six weeks, it was tough on her but she never complained. It was harder on me watching her. At the end of her treatments, they gave her the 2 big treatments (6 - 8 hours) for two months and those were the hardest on her body.

I never knew what to say to people who had cancer, always afraid to say the wrong thing but sitting with her in the chemo waiting room through the weeks, you learn to talk about it with other people; it was a bump in the road and they were courageous, they wanted to talk it with someone who would listen.

Quote:
ruthiepoothie wrote:
No one at the hospital or oncology office or radiation office is Christian and I'm scared.

Ruth, they don't have to be a Christian because God can use their knowledge anyway! And through watching you go through your troubles and trials trusting in the Lord, they may end up being one!

Quote:
ruthiepoothie wrote:
I'm scared I'm going to end up a bitter old woman

This is a lie from the enemy, Ruth, using your trial to feed lies to you. If you do not want to end up a bitter old woman, then you will not, in the name of Jesus!! There is adoption, there are many older children that need a good home or younger children too. They do not have to come out of your body for you to love them like your own! :)

Quote:
ruthiepoothie wrote:
I have no desire to share the good news, or love others or any of it. I'm just scared and having a really hard time trusting a God who is not able to get through to my heart. I don't know how to know He's with me except for His word.
I haven't posted in a while so thanks for reading if you do.

I'm going to put you on my prayer list and I will be prayer for you that you will see God through all of this and will testify of His goodness in the midst of the valley of the shadow of darkness.

Friends of SI, let's all lift up Ruth.

God bless you Ruth,
Lisa

2015/1/27 10:47Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Thanks Lisa,
I just hate the idea of putting poison into my body and the side effects. The side effects would definitely effect intimacy with anyone in the future. I'm willing to forsake marriage, but what sucks is that The Lord isn't here to tangibly hold me through this. I read all these stories about husbands holding thier wives through hard times - really beautiful. I know The Lord is my husband Isaiah 54:5 and He has been. I know that Jesus felt forsaken when He had to drink a cup He didn't want to. I know there was a glorified body on the other side. But I told Him I need to feel Him tangibly holding me through this or I'll never make it. I know that might not make sense but that's how I feel.

2015/1/27 23:53Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Thank you Brothers and Sisters for your replies,
I also had a good time talking with GinnyRose last night.

I looked into alternative diets (Gerson) and the Burzynski clinic (haven't called yet) and have already in the past month cut out everything except certain fruits and vegetables, oats , however I am still drinking coffee (staying up late praying, crying, reading and still have to work the next day so the caffeine helps) . The docs are very adamant about the chemo and radiation even though it's stage 2 and none of the surrounding tissue was affected. They want me to start as soon as possible . Right now I have NO Cancer as far as I know- the surgery removed everything. But they said the cells I had were very aggressive and love to come back / showed signs of starting to go into the surrounding blood vessels/ so they are REALLY recommending this treatment on me.

All the verses you sent were EXACTLY what the Lord put on my heart- especially the Proverbs 3:5 "lean not on your own understanding" especially. I don't know if this treatment is a cup The Lord wants me to drink or not. I'm asking it would pass and I wouldn't have to. But part of me thinks He wants me to- even though I firmly believe in miraculous healing and God's ability to keep anything from returning. I just dunno

2015/1/28 0:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy