SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Icy Wind of Poverty Blowing in the Air ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

The Icy Wind of Poverty Blowing in the Air ...

Our Lord has me pretty quiet these days in what i believe to be my calling toward the particular church/pastor He's assigned me to for the past 20 years, but from time to time He'll still lay something on my heart to post here on SI ... So here goes ...

Night before last as i was praying and just talking out loud to our Lord, a very bone chilling, icy March wind was whistling outside my window ... And as i was just praising and thanking our Lord for His gift of the heat in my humble apartment, Holy Spirit dropped into my spirit that an analogous "icy wind of poverty" is blowing in the air toward America ... And that tho in the past 20 years (or so) He has raised up some to warning us regarding the ugly "poverty" that's soon to manifest itself in our midst - few have heeded - and most, including His own, will be taken completely by surprise ...

Over the past 10 years (or so) He's really been impressing on me the economic horrors that are coming to America, and as a watchman on the wall i've been sounding the alarm to all in my path - saved and unsaved alike ... But it's the reaction of we saved folk that has most distressed me ... First off the greater majority of saved folk i've spoken to don't even feel like we need to be concerned about the precarious position our extravagant, over extended, debt laden life style has placed us in as individuals, families, communities, a nation, and most importantly as His Church ... Most feel like that if (in fact) anything drastic is about to happen, it's surely about to happen to the un-saved only and that as saved folk somehow - tho we're just as leveraged out as the world - we're ALL gonna somehow be miraculously spared from any and ALL economic hardships that America, and the globe is about to encounter ...To me most of we American saints are the epitome of Rev:[17] "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" ... It's brought great sadness to my heart that many an un-repentant saint is about to be introduced to the harsh fact of our spiritual nakedness expressly by experiencing "the icy wind of poverty" ...

Sad to say, but true, nothing seems to focus our attention on God like need - especially financial need ... Just as nothing seems to force "community" like disaster - disaster that for we (all to individualistic) American saints will force mutual need into mutual sharing like that of the Acts chapter 2 Church ... "[44] And all that believed were together, and had all things common; [45] And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. [46] And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, [47] Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." ... Hard to fathom huh? ... God spare our lives, just keep on living and see ... Art Katz speaks of this in his sermon;

[u][b]Future Trends for the Body of Christ[/b][/u]
http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID5037.mp3

As i've once said before, what Holy Spirit has shown me in regards America is it's not because of the actions of the heathen's in America that we've come to the societal degredation we've come to, but because of the enactions of the "salt and light", His Church, His Bride, we His folk, who're the real cause of what has occured, and what's about to befall ...Yep the un-saved, the heathen, are about to be tried in the fire of our refinement, for He's gonna have His Bride without spot or wrinkle before it's all over with, because even tho He's allowed us to become "unsavory", His promise is that He'll not leave us that way for long ... And so one day, "out of" what most of us unlistening, un-heeding, un-repentant, far to pre-occupied with the things of the world saints call "the clear blue" His Rev. 3:[19] correction will fall on us, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

Our Lord has instructed me concerning this "correction" via many different venues over the years and one of the things that has always stuck out to me is how so many folk attribute the unfolding of world events to anyone, or anything else but God Himself ... Our Lord has me now listening to a very well meaning saint who has a radio program that exposes technically all of the why's our economy has come to the brink of this disaster, but he has the taint of "conspiracy" blinding him as to who really brings princes and nations to nothing ... For me Isa. 40: 15-24 and 41:4 puts into proper perspective all the transpires in this world regarding principalities, governments, and powers, and this is the scriptural message of urgency i feel led of our Lord to post ...

[u][b]TO ALL NATIONS: IT'S TIME TO REPENT - GET RIGHT WITH GOD - AND SEEK THE GUIDANCE OF HOLY SPIRIT ...[/b][/u]

Isa.40
[15] Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, HE taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
[17] All nations before HIM are as nothing; and they are counted to HIM less than nothing, and vanity.
[21] Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
[22] It is HE that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
[23] That bringeth the princes to nothing; HE maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.
[24] Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and HE shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.

Isa.41
[4] Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am HE.

[u][b]TO ALL SAINTS: IT'S TIME TO REPENT - GET RIGHT WITH GOD - AND SEEK THE GUIDANCE OF HOLY SPIRIT ...[/b][/u]

1Cor.10
[14] Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

1Tim.6
[6] But godliness with contentment is great gain.
[7] For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
[8] And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
[9] But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
[10] For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
[11] But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
[12] Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1Cor.6
[18] Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that commiteth fornication sinneth against his own body.

2Tim.2
[22] Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Jas.4
[4] Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
[5] Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
[6] But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
[7] Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
[8] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
[9] Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
[10] Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
[11] Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
[12] There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
[13] Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
[14] Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
[15] For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
[16] But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
[17] Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Heb.12
[1] Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
[2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
[3] For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
[4] Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
[5] And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
[6] For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
[7] If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[8] But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
[9] Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
[10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
[11] Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
[12] Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
[13] And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
[14] Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Rev.2
[5] Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

[16] Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

[21] And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
[22] Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Rev.3
[3] Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

[19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

2Cor.4
[8] We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
[9] Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
[17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
[18] While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1John.2
[17] And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Fellow saints i've come to the conclusion that no matter what goes down ... No matter what God has in store for us (for truly He is the only one who knows) ... What we should all want to be, and need to be, is clear before Him in as much purity as we can possibly muster ... Not by our might, nor by our power, but by His Spirit is the only way this is possible ... There are sure to be many of us who will experience our "repentance from dead works" reactively to His harsh grace, but how much more pleasing to Him, and consoling to ourselves, that we repent pro-actively back to our first love, and works ...

John.4:[35] Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

[u][b]TO AMERICA THE GREAT: IT'S TIME TO REPENT - GET RIGHT WITH GOD - AND SEEK THE GUIDANCE OF HOLY SPIRIT ...[/b][/u]

Jas.5
[1] Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
[2] Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
[3] Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
[4] Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
[5] Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
[6] Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
[7] Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
[8] Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

[u][b]God has great patience ...[/b][/u]

2Pet.3:[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

[u][b]But even His great patience has an end ...[/b][/u]

Gen.6
[3] And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man ...

[u][b]Therefore:[/b][/u]

Isa.55
[6] Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
[7] Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Finally saints, it dawned on me the other day a miracle in which our Lord has changed me in what i believe to be His calling of me ... When i first started out in 1985 i used to pull my hair out shouting, "Will ya'll please listen to me" ... Now i literally don't have any hair, and my shout has become, "Will ya'll please listen to the Word of the Lord" ...

Hallaleujah to He who began His good work in us all, and is determined by His Spirit to finish us into the very likness of His beloved Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ...

[b]BLESSED BE THE NAME OF OUR LORD! ... REPENT! ... FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND ... Amen[/b]

2006/3/17 11:13Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: The Icy Wind of Poverty Blowing in the Air ...

Thanks for sharing what the Holy Spirit laid on your heart. Judgment does begin the house of God. [b](EDIT: 1 Peter 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?)[/b]

I too believe that judgment from God is soon upon us, not only on the US but most of the world. It's not a popular message but a scriptural one. Today is the day of salvation and I pray that we heed the warnings. There is tremendous grace available to all who will heed the call to surrender all to Jesus and follow Him.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

2006/3/17 14:16Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Hmm... didn't you predict that we would enter into another war last year prior to the turn of the year?

2006/3/17 14:24Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

You know lately, in my spirit I sense a change coming too. I really think it will be financial as well, and we who know that these things are coming should warn others, but also make sure our houses are in order too.
I have been ill for over two weeks now, which has given me much time to pray. Sometimes I can only weep, other times all that comes forth are groans. I say this because this has never happened before, but I sens that God is birthing something in me, and in the "un-official church" made of living stones.

2006/3/17 14:26Profile
Rahman

Re: The Icy Wind of Poverty Blowing in the Air ...

[b]King Jimmy you wrote;
"Hmm... didn't you predict that we would enter into another war last year prior to the turn of the year?"

No brother that wasn't me ...[/b] Our Lord has never laid anything on my heart, or in my spirit about prediction of war ... Everything i've heard in my spirit, and i believe led to via other venues in support, has to do soley with economic disaster here in America ...

Info on America's Precarious Economy (Audio) ...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4586&forum=35#71502

Perhaps you have me confused with someone else ... But everything i've posted is a matter of public record here on SI if you'd care to go back to be sure ...

Blessings to you in Christ,

Bro R

2006/3/17 15:14Profile

Re: Poverty of The Truth

Brother and Sisters, this has touched me, but from a totally different view (though not necessarily an opposing viewpoint).

The chilly winds are here in "christianity" now ... our poverty is a poverty of True Truth.

We have disdained even just the word "Doctrine" and have chosen for ourselves what we chose to believe from His Words.

Again, the definition of "Heresy" from the Greek is, "[u]Choice - to choose for oneself - the opinion Chosen[/u]" ........... What does that tell us about ALL of what we ALL believe ?

For many years now, the word "Doctrine" or "sound doctrine" has been SCORNED by the majority and even last nite I heard that it "doesn't matter as long as we all come under HIS banner".

NO, THAT IS NOT TRUE .... HE 'IS' [b][u]THE[/u] TRUTH.[/b]

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Life: no man cometh unto the Father,[u] but by Me[/u]. {Prov 8}

The Famine in the Land has already started, a famine of His Truth and we see the Fruits of this "falling away from The Truth - Apostasy", spreading like a very dark and ominous cloud over us.

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because [b]they received not the love of the truth[/b], that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And[b] for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie[/b]:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Judgment will come upon this House of God, because we've put HIS Truth second or not even on the list of our priorities at all. And have "chosen" to believe what we choose to believe and have leaned upon our own understandings and prided ourselves on our brains, our own virtues and also self-righteousness.

We have not studied to show ourselves approved .... nor sought the Spirit of Truth to correct us.
Jn 16:13.
We leave others to Study 'for' us, and then "choose" whom we'll believe, rather than to get away alone with our own Shepherd to Hear and Learn and Know HIS voice among the multitude of voices out there.
We've become lazy sheep, who lay in the pastures, waiting for others to come feed us or believing every other sheep (or wolf) that comes around.

We must come away with Him [u]alone[/u] and be self-accountable for what we believe and be open to His Spirit of Truth to be shown aright, before our final judgment.

If we persist in spurning the thought that "ALL TRUTH" [u]is[/u] available and promised to us by our Savior, then we will suffer all the more in the days ahead and may even lose what little we do have, spiritually.

If HIS Truth is not first and foremost our priority, second or equal only to Loving as He does, we are lost.

Finances mean nothing to the Elect who walk in the Protection of His Truth.

They need nothing more. His Will is their "meat".

The LORD is their Shepherd, and they have no further WANTS.

Thank you for allowing me to express my emotions here.
His Love.

2006/3/17 16:26
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Finances mean nothing to the Elect who walk in the Protection of His Truth.

Isn't it interesting that most of our brethren around the world live in poverty yet are wealthier than us. I have really been challenged lately by this thought. When Jesus called Peter, and the others they immediately left their nets, and followed Him. They didn't check with anyone to see if it was ok, they just went. Peter was married, the sons of Zebedee left their father standing in the boat. Yet they went. No promise of money, or even of success.
Reminds me a little of the Revelation to John where it says 'you say you are rich, increased with goods, and in need of nothing, but I say you are poor, wretched, vile, and naked'

2006/3/17 16:38Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Quote:
Isn't it interesting that most of our brethren around the world live in poverty yet are wealthier than us.

So true it is. There's no real move of the Spirit in the West as there is among the persecuted church.

How often that verse from Revelations 3 has been the cry of my heart and once we're totally honest with Jesus that when we discover that he's standing at the door.

I pray that the brethren here would be overcomers, because if we're not it looks rather bleak when you read what was said of the seven churches. May Jesus be exalted in our lives, in every decision and every move that we make.

As far as judgment goes, I don't know anyone who would wish that on the U.S. that are followers of Christ but there is a judgment unto repentance and that's my prayer and that's what I'm asking Jesus for for my own heart first.

One of my favorite subjects in college many years ago was economics and I can tell you that what is going on now defies reason and we're truly living on "grace time" as Pastor David Wilkerson has said on a number of occasions in some of his recent sermons over the last few months.

Congress just approved the debt limit for the U.S. government to $9,000,000,000,000 and folks that's a lot of money, which we'll likely never be able to repay.

I don't have a "thus saith the Lord" word but it's clear to me that we're living in Matthew 24. I pray that we wake up while there is still time to get oil for our lamps...

2006/3/17 17:21Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

As David Wilkerson has said, and I say too, "I am not a prophet" but there are patterns in scripture that cannot be ignored. History bears out the same thing. When the Roman Empire began to get full of itself, and let the family go, and the morals go, it destroyed itself fromthe inside, and I believe that we are doing the same. I mean come on President Bush is meeting with porn actresses at GOP functions. This does not sound family friendly to me :-P

2006/3/17 17:58Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi roaringlamb and others.

Quote:
Isn't it interesting that most of our brethren around the world live in poverty yet are wealthier than us.

What a tremendous opportunity we have here in the west to share our resources with beleivers in poorer nations. And not just our monies.

The liberties of speech, comfort, and leisure that are everyday renewed and so near to being universal in their availability to such a vast proportion of our population are, when coupled with the surpassing riches of the Gospel of Christ, a blessing that is out of measure.

And what shall be required of it?

And what if we have failed to give even a cup of cold water in His name?

2006/3/17 19:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy