Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Isaiah 1:18

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Isaiah 1:18

My Winter Break began December 13 and that's the day I flew to Toronto to visit Greg (wrtbooks). It was my first time out of the country, and an amazing time of fellowship with him and other Christians he introduced me too. And, I made my first *real* snowman. The snowman, believe it or not, is the focus of this post.

We were walking back from a supper with Greg's family, and the snow laid thick on the ground from the previous day's snowfall (I prayed for snow, lol). Greg looked across the street from his home and saw a promising area for snowman-building. I've gotta admit, I was reluctant at first, but agreed to build the snowman.
We gave him Oreo cookie eyes and a little carrot nose, and I bent a not-quite-dead twig for a smile.
What a wonderful experience! People walking by actually made encouraging comments toward us -- in this usually-apathetic town, strangers were smiling toward us and even stopping to have a short conversation.
Then we decided to make use of this opportunity. We found a cross-shaped stick and placed it on the snowman's chest, and wrote "Isaiah 1:18" in sticks on a cleared area of the snow in front of him. We prayed together that someone walking by would be curious enough to go home and read what it said.
A few pictures were taken, and Greg and I walked across the street to warm up in his house, wondering if anyone would notice.
As we climbed the steps of his porch, Greg said, "Hey, look! Someone's coming!" I looked over my shoulder to see a young guy walk by the snowman without so much as a glance. I felt a bit of disappointment set in when he suddenly stopped in his tracks, walked the few steps back to the snowman, and leaned low to read what was written. Greg and I looked at each other with huge smiles and bounded into the house like five-year-olds.
We sat peering out his front window for a long while, waiting for people to walk by and laughing with glee as person after person stopped to look.
A bit before midnight, I looked again out the window again to find the snowman had been pushed over -- Greg went out to find that the verse wasn't there anymore either.
The fact that it was pushed over told Greg and I that someone was confronted with truth and didn't like it -- there are three responses to being confronted with truth: accept it, reject it, or decide to find out more.
God, I pray that you used this simple snowman to plant a seed that night. We took snow, your creation, and created a small testimony of your love. Thank you, God, for all that you've done for us. Work in the hearts of those who saw it, please, Lord.
[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/snowman1.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/snowman2.jpg[/img]

2003/12/22 18:15Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re: Isaiah 1:18

Mary,
Wonderful testimony. Glad to see you're back on the Information Superhighway.In the picture I guess you're the one on the right, then Frosty is in the middle; but who is that RED NECK lookin' dude sporting the Florida State sweatshirt? When I saw him, I thought about that old Cheech and Chong song from a few years ago.
" Born in East LA." ( For those of ya'll that ain't familiar, Florida State University is located in Tallahassee which is in the Panhandle of Florida. We affectionately call that part of Florida, LA-" Lower Alabama". Tallahassee Florida which is the State Capitol, is considered to be "East Lower Alabama"-East LA. There are enough Red Necks in that part of Florida, over to Jacksonville, and down to about Eustis/Tavarees/Leesburg that make it seem like home.
" Boooorn in East LA"!
" I was boooorn in East LA"! ( To the tune of Bruce Springsteen's " Born in The USA".
Merry Christmas to you. :-D
Clutch :-P

2003/12/22 18:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I looked over my shoulder to see a young guy walk by the snowman without so much as a glance. I felt a bit of disappointment set in when he suddenly stopped in his tracks, walked the few steps back to the snowman, and leaned low to read what was written. Greg and I looked at each other with huge smiles and bounded into the house like five-year-olds.

Yea it was quite supernatural.. we prayed as he was walking up to the snow man and walked literally 15 feet past the snowman and then there was like he was tugged right back and backtracked his step right infront of the snowman. Then he paused and looked a second at it and walked on. At that time me and Mary knew that God used it to glorify His name.

Quote:
but who is that RED NECK lookin' dude sporting the Florida State sweatshirt? When I saw him, I thought about that old Cheech and Chong song from a few years ago.

hey :-? its me Greg!! the webmaster. hahahah
man RED NECK.. im Canadian .. lol :-D

I got the florida shirt when I visited Mary back a few months ago in florida.

2003/12/22 19:38Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Greg,
Come let us REASON together. According to Jeff Foxworthy's expanded list; You MIGHT be a Red Neck! :-o :-D
Clutch ;-)

2003/12/22 20:59Profile
Jason

Re:

Clutch,

You don't have much room to talk in Columbus, GA.

For the record, I've lived in Atlanta and now live in Tallahassee (I'm the "senior member" of this site from Tallahassee).

2003/12/22 22:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Job 37:6 (niv)[/b] - He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,' and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.'

[b]Psalm 51:7 (niv)[/b] - Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Praise God for His creation especially the snow :-D

2003/12/22 23:36Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: snowman

Hey Greg , its good to finally put a face to your name......you to make a nice looking couple..and I'm not talking about the snowman :-D In Him Scott

2003/12/23 1:10Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Isaiah 1:18

Thanks you guy's.

What a excellent Christmas gift!
Got a feeling that the snowman slayer could likely be a canidate, at least whoever it was, wasn't lukewarm. Isn't it the ones that protest the loudest that are usually the closest?

What a great idea..
I can just hear it now..

"Well, one night I came across this snowman...."

Praise be to God.

2003/12/23 1:24Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Jason,
You RIGHT man. More than likely, I too MIGHT be....! :-D
Clutch :-P

2003/12/23 10:23Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

All kidding aside, they DO make a handsome couple!
Clutch ;-)

2003/12/23 10:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy