SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : K.P. Yohannan, Revolution in World Missions and Gospel for Asia

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

K.P. Yohannan, Revolution in World Missions and Gospel for Asia

Grettings everyone. I thought I would bring to our attention a speaker available here at SI which may not be that well known to everyone.

K.P. Yohannan is the founder of a native missionary movement called Gospel for Asia which currently has over 14,000 missionaries on the field, planting over 10 new fellowships every day.
One thing that I think makes this movement special is its emphasis on raising up and training laborers from the peoples amongst whom they are laboring. I think it is something in which we can all rejoice.

So if you have not already done so, why not invest some time in learning about this amazing movement that is reaching the untold millions that are yet without the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Asia.

Brother K.P. is a delight to listen to and his genuine servant heart for the lost shines through his messages.

The book Revolution in World Missions is no doubt an eye-opener for many in the west. And it may challenge your thinking about missions in general.
Here is a qoute that I shared in another forum here at SI from the book, which is speaking about the need for more native missionaries to be sent forth if these millions are to reached with the Gospel

Quote:
How many are needed? In India alone we still have 500,000 villages to reach. Looking at others nations, we realize thousands more remain without a witness. If we are to reach all the other hamlets open to us right now, Gospel for Asia will need additional native missionary evangelists by the tens of thousands. The cost to support this army will run into the millions annually. But this is only a fraction of the $94 billion that the North American Church lavished on other needs and desires in 2000

Here is another one which may interest us(the building here is a church building)

Quote:
The $74 million spent on one new building in the United States could build more than 7,000 average-sized churches in India

He went on to say that

Quote:
The same $74 million would be enough to guarantee the evangelization of a whole state-or even some of the smaller countries of Asia.

This book is available free of charge at thier website

www.gfa.org

Here are the messages by K.P. at this site..

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4423

May God be glorified in Christ's name and work upon the earth. And may He bless us all to serve Him and those who He puts before us.

2006/3/9 21:47Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re: K.P. Yohannan, Revolution in World Missions and Gospel for Asia

I belive people will be absolutely changed after reading these books. Take the time to go on the GFA website and get the free book.

My brother and sister in-laws both work there in Dallas texas, and they are a blessing to talk to.

This mans obedience to the holy spirit has put over 13,500 missionaries into asia worldwide. And if you donate to them, nothing comes out for Administrative costs, THATS RIGHT, 100% TO THE MISSION FIELD.

Everyone have a blessed day.

2006/4/3 15:03Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi boomatt, how are you?

Quote:
I belive people will be absolutely changed after reading these books.

I just started reading Revolution in World Missions again during my commute time. To think of all the masses of people left without a witness of Christ and being so oppressed by satan and yet they are within our reach!!

Quote:
This mans obedience to the holy spirit has put over 13,500 missionaries into asia worldwide.

Is this not incredible? Wonderfull?!

My wife and I were listening to one of the new Road to Reality series just added here at SI over dinner. In the message, brother KP tells the story of a little child who came and found one of the native missionaries and brought him to his dad, whom the villagers had chained to a tree becuase he was so possessed of demons. The missionary prayed for the man and he was healed, and the family turned to Christ!

After he was healed the man said something to the effect of 'where am I, or what happened to me?'

He also talked about how frantic people are during harvest time, how they spend almost all thier time trying to bring in the harvest. Ohh friends, how is it so many of us can spend so much of ourselves to bring in a natural harvest and spend so little to bring in the harvest of souls!

Multiplied millions are waiting to hear of our Savior, are we going to let this fruit spoil upon the vine!

Will we let thier souls perish without ever hearing of Christ merely to sustain our creaturely comforts?

2006/4/4 19:46Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

I too have read the book and was greatly blessed but also put in place by God.
Recently I heard the featured sermon from K.P. and indeed he has opened ears and eyes and a love for the lost.

About the featured sermon:
The part that he had to give back the ring was funny! But in overal this is a serious message (Christ's call to follow Him) where we here about the battle that is going on for souls.

Not long after I read something in "The pilgrim Church" by E.H. Broadband. (this is really cool how God does this and confirms things!)

Anthony Norris Groves who was in Bagdad and just before survived a flood and after that the plague, lost his wife and also survived a war. While he and his family and his wife where confident that God wanted them to stay. (That must have been some serious testing!)

Anyhow he had a desire to go to India, but this is what he later said:

[i]"The farther I go, the more I am convinced that the missionary labour of India, as carried on by Europeans, is altogether done [b]above the natives[/b]; nor do I see how any abiding impression can possibly be made, till they mix with them in a way that is not now attempted"[/i]

This is so cool! Exactly what K.P. is talking about and seeing the effects from. (the lack of mixing for example) Note that what Groves said was around 1832!

2006/4/5 10:15Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

it is because of this post that I started listening to the sermons by KP Yohannan. He is very challenging and I feel the Lord working on my heart. I am the Missions leader at my church and have a hard time getting our people to understand the need to support Missions.

Lord God, break me!

2006/4/5 12:05Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Amen to the work of Gospel for Asia. The perspective we get from believers who are not from North America and the West often seem to be more on-point than what we seem to be oversaturated with in Christendom here.

2006/4/5 12:14Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

MSeaman,

Quote:
I am the Missions leader at my church and have a hard time getting our people to understand the need to support Missions.

I was reading today in this book how Brother KP had difficulty in conveying the reality of the urgent situation of the lost in Asia to his hearers. He started having them find thier pulse on their wrists. Each beat he said represented a person in Asia who had just died and went to eternal Hell - without ever hearing the Gospel, even once. He'd then ask them to consider if one of those persons had been a family member.

That is pretty heavy.

I pray that God would grant you all the wisdom you need and that His Spirit would convince those He is calling to join in His labors.

Peace be with you in Christ.

2006/4/6 18:47Profile
repentcanada

Re:

KP's message "Christ Call to Follow Him" has blown me away if you haven't listened to it, do so today.

2006/4/7 10:25Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: The Battle for One Soul

Greetings all.

The recent news update from GFA was pretty amazing so I wanted to pass it along to you all.

I was thinking of how to summarize it so you'd have an idea what the article is about. I'll share this verse instead:

[b][color=000000] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.[/color][/b]

[url=http://www.gfa.org/gfa/newsupdate100306?motiv=WA6A-G1LP]Gospel for Asia News and Features: The Battle for One Soul[/url]

2006/10/4 20:42Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I heard brother KP speak several times at the GFA Conference this year. Truly a humble man that has heart burning for God.

2006/10/4 21:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy