SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : That I may Know Him

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Greg,
Happy Birthday, wow 27, seems so long ago. Enjoy
now, the years go by so fast.
It is a tragedy that He is not the center of all,
if He was so many more would know Him. We seem to get side tracked so easily. We will just keep
proclaiming Him and His Word, some will come, He
after all is the way, truth, and the life. So lets pray and agree that they will hear His voice
and come.

That I may Know Him,

pastorfrin

2006/4/14 19:49Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Phillip,

Wow, all that to say this, Eph.2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; And not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

His Word is so wonderful, to think ,God so loved us that He gave His Son for us. Wow, what Grace.

Because of Him,

pastorfrin

2006/4/14 19:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Wow, what Faith, Grace is not ours and Faith is no ours, but His.

Jude 1:20-25 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/4/15 1:21Profile

Re:

pastorfrin,
Thank you for sharing your testimonies. I have recently come out from a very firey trial and the one one thing that kept me going was seeking God through His word every day. I felt as though God was far from me but it was my own fault in the end ( self, i became depressed about the whole thing ). Anyway the clouds began to disappear and a bright ray of light began to pierce through. Not only could i feel Gods presence again i feel i know Him more than i did before. May i never stop growing in Him and getting to know him more.
You said it perfectly in so few words:

Quote:
Why did I share all of this? because to Know Him
is to Know Him in the valley as well as on the
mountain top.
You see Knowing Him is not having every thing
work the way we want it to. I'm going to say this very simple because thats the way it needs to be received and lived.

2006/4/15 6:47
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Geraldine,
You are so welcome. He never fails, our Lord is faithful who promised, and it is His Word we can stand and rest upon.
As Paul said in 2 Tim. 1:12:
For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded
that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.
In Rom. 8:18 Paul says: I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy
to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom. 8 shows us our security in Him, and Vs.31
sums it up: What shall we say to these things?
If God be for us, who can be against us?
Praise God, Praise His Holy Name, He Is For Us.

That I May Know HIM!

In His Love,

pastorfrin :-)

2006/4/15 9:39Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
Wow, what Faith, Grace is not ours and Faith is not ours, but His.

Phillip,
You're right, if you do not know Him, But Faith and Grace is ours if we are in Him and the Father.
John 17:20-23 Jesus said: Neither do pray for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, [u]even as we are one:[/u]
23. [u]I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;[/u]and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Do you know Him Phillip?
Thats what this thread is all about, Knowing Him,
its a life long process, just ask Paul,
Phil.3:8-14
As for me and my house, we shall as Paul states
in Vs.14 press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

And continue as Heb. 12:2 tells us: Looking unto Jesus, the author and the finisher of [u]our faith;[/u]who for the joy that was set before him
endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
All this so We May Know Him. What a shame, if we do not.

That I May Know Him!

Because of Christ,

pastorfrin

2006/4/15 10:26Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Annie,
I just realized that I had not thanked you for the welcome back. Boy am I bad :-x .

:-D THANK YOU :-D
Its nice to be missed, by you all, not by Him.
Well praise God and have a blessed Resurrection
Sunday, Because He lives, We shall live also.

GLORY and Honor and Power and Praise Be Unto
HIM

Oh, that I my Know Him

Love to All,

pastorfrin

2006/4/15 10:50Profile

Re: That I may Know Him

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Re: Phil. 3:10
That I may know Him,
and the power of His resurrection,
and the fellowship of His sufferings,
being made conformable unto His death;

Since we are entering the season, may we share
with one another, what it means to you.

To Know Him More,

Pastorfrin

Seemed like an appropriate time to quote your first post on here Pastor.

And hey, You've never neglected ANY of us here.
But I do get such a kick out of you using this :-x Smilie. I laugh whenever I see that particular one. It's the funniest "mad" face I've ever seen and can only be used by those who we all know isn't "mad" .... that means I can't --- HA -- though my mad lasts about an hour... HA ... don't tell nobody though. Don't wanna let on that I'm not big and bad all the time. :lol: --- but I don't like this "lol" guy .... he laughs sort of demented. Maybe we could get a nicer laughing guy icon someday.

Well, you and alllllllllllllllllllll of yours have a Blessed weekend also and the whole SI gang.

ONE MORE TIME ....

Phil. 3:10,11
That I may know Him,
and the power of His resurrection,
and the fellowship of His sufferings,
being made conformable unto His death.
If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

AMEN !

2006/4/15 11:37
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Paul had a revelation of Jesus Christ that not many have. It changed him from a Pharisee to a Christ Person, completely sold out for the Gospel that Jesus Christ grave him. And yet upon all that Paul knew, he still wanted nothing but to "know Him," and to preach nothing except "Christ and Him Crucified." That is what every day is all about. Then a special day that all might come together at one time and celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord. Every day is a celebration for those that are in Christ Jesus.

By my witness, In Christ: Happy Easter: Phillip

2006/4/15 18:05Profile
rojam

Denver, CO

Re: That I may Know Him

Pastorfrin

First I’d like to thank you for such a great thread.

I was converted at the age of 11, and have endeavored to serve the LORD for nearly 40 years. This last year has certainly been one of the most important for me. In the last year, the Cross of Christ has come to mean more to me than ever, and I hope this year will come to mean even more.

Phil. 3:10 has always made my brain hurt. Not in a bad way, mind you, but it has always sat there, on the page, calling after me, . . . making me hungry for more. More of Him, more genuine relationship, and for the first time, I think I have finally begun to taste what Paul meant by this passage. It is not til we have been to the cross that we can begin to know any of the power of the resurrection. Not only for forgiveness, but to die. Bonhoffer wrote, “when Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die.” It is not til we die to this world, and the world is dead to us (Ga 6:14) that we can allow Christ to live His life through us.(Ga 2:20).

This is just the beginning of the fellowship with the Father and His Son that John speaks of in his first epistle. I think that Paul understood that this was not just a single event in the Christians life, but one that must be perused daily. It is ever deeper, ever farther, closer daily to our Lord.

Lu 9:23 ‘. . . "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.”’ This is why Paul, years after his conversion would write, “That I may know Him,
and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; . . . that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.”

God bless every one, and have a Happy Resurrection Day.

Rojam

2006/4/15 19:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy