SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : That I may Know Him

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

2006/3/10 1:14
pastorfrin

Re: whereunto shall I liken this generation?

Hi MeAgain,
Off subject for just a moment. I gather from
reading some of your post that you were at one
time AoG. I was originally ordained through the
AoG. I resigned in 1989, you will understand why, by the end of this post.

Back to subject:
Do you think this might apply?
Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord,
Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but
he that doeth the will of my Father which is in
heaven.22. Many will say to me in that day , Lord, Lord,have we not prophesied in thy name?and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23. and then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.24. Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man,
which built his house upon a rock:

What is the will of His Father?
To love Him, The Lord our God , with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love
one another as He has loved us. A new commandment.
To do this, or I should say, the only way to be able to do this, is to KNOW in whom we believe,
and then to be persuaded Because WE KNOW HIM,
THAT HE IS ABLE to keep that which we have committed ( our hearts,souls,minds, and strength)
unto HIM against that day. 2 Tim. 1:12
Matt. 11:15 He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

We must know Him or our house will be built on a
sandstone.
To know Him is to do His will. Look at the rich young ruler. Luke 18:18-22
He did all the right works except, obey the voice of the Lord. Give everything you have away.
You cannot follow me with whats yours,get rid of
all your stuff.
Matt. 6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness;(then I will give you all you need to follow ME)and all these things will be added unto you.
WE MUST KNOW HIM AND THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION!
Look at the religious system today, which most of man depends on, in one way or another. THEY
have built BIG buildings, BIG programs,Big men
and a BIG form of godliness.
What will happen when the people who depend on this system says, Lord, Lord?

WE MUST KNOW HIM SO WE WILL KNOW HIS VOICE!

Just a country preacher,

pastorfrin

:-D :-D :-D

2006/3/10 17:41Profile

Re:

Can't quite smile about it Pastor, but yes, we gave them back their License in '85 for all those "BIG" reasons also.

2006/3/10 17:57
pastorfrin

Re:The smile

Dear MeAgain,

The smiles were for you not for them.

Yours in Christ,

pastorfrin

ps is this better :-?

2006/3/10 18:07Profile

Re:

:-D Yes Brother ... this :-? or my response above, is because I had extra grief added to my heart/spirit last nite on the "News" board about what the AoG is 'now' endorsing.

Man did that just add extra hurt to the heart.

Hope you know my frowny face is not toward you but toward the decline of a once great group.

God Bless ya.
In His Love.
Annie

2006/3/10 18:13
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

To know his fellowship of his suffering is the most intense feeling that you can feel in a relationship you always want to feel what the other person feels.
Are messiah died on the cross, you want to know what that person think when you are suffering you are experincing his love in an extreme.
His suffering gives us knowledge how he suffered for us and how suffering for him is nothing because he paid everything for us.
This verse words do not do it justice

2006/3/10 22:09Profile
pastorfrin

Re:extra grief added

Hi Dear Sister,
Sorry to hear about the AoG. We have many, many,
fond memories of our experiences in the fellowship over the years.I can truly say we
have missed such glorious times. I have many stories, as I am sure you as well, that we could
share with one another.

My wife and I were reminiscing last night about
when we arrived at our first home missions work.
You will enjoy this.
We were at our first pastorate and the call to
missions would not go away. So I approached the
district about the missions field. By this time
we were entering our fifth year and our seventh
child had arrived. The district laughed at me
something about having too many dependents. Can you Imagine. :-D
So much for missions. Now we had been at this work for five years, it was a record, longest
stay for a pastor at this church. Kind of sad really, one would have to be there to understand.
I received a phone call from a brother in the Lord who had a small group of people interested
in starting a new work. Would I pray about it.
So I did, and to make it short, Our Arrival in
Egypt.
One day many years ago a pastor, his wife, and their seven children arrived at their new parsonage. It had no windows or doors, birds were
nesting in the ceiling, it sat next to a dairy farm, and the walls, ceiling and floors were covered with flies. My wife looked at me and said
looks like the Lord has answered your prayers.
I had told the Lord I would live in a chicken coop to serve in missions.
We were mistakenly a week early, and the people
working on the house began to freak as the nine of us stood there in amazement. The children made
themselves right at home and the youngest, a son
who was just walking began to eat the raisins, ie. flies, to our horror off the floor.
We got the windows and one door installed and a tarp over the other and in exhaustion all collasped into bed.
Now this house was a old house trailer with a house built over it, thus making the walls about
twenty inches wide. There was a six inch gap between the outside and inside walls. Any thing
under the house could come into the house through
the gap between the walls.
We all feel asleep to the sound of baby birds
singing in the ceilings. Oh what bliss.
Then we awoke to a blood curdling cry from our oldest, we run in her room and shes screaming,
get them off me, get them off me, we turn on the light and the bed, the ceiling, and the walls are covered with Tree Frogs. My wife looks at me
and screams, you have led us into Egypt.
Then the family of Skunks introduced themselves.

What a night to remember. Last night we laughed
until we cried. That night we all just cried.

HE IS FAITHFUL WHO PROMISSED

Love you all

Just a country preacher

pastorfrin

2006/3/10 22:24Profile

Re:

:-D I can see this is going to be a very good thread.

What a fantastic recollection Pastor. Thank you so much for sharing that. What a blessing ... well, maybe not for y'all at the time ... but for you all and us now ... Yeah !!!

Would love to hear more. Amen.

And I enjoyed brother Dom's contribution to your thread also.

Thank you both and I hope it keeps up.

This is very edifying and UP-lifting. :-)

God Bless you all.

Annie

2006/3/11 0:28
roadsign

Re: the cost

Quote:
Why do we as His children find it so hard to obey God

I think one reason may be because it cost us more than we feel we can give, and we can't imagine that God has something far better for us.
We pick away at the crumbs on the floor, even till we get exhaused and never look up and see the fabulous banquet that God has freely spread out for us.

Pastorfrin, I quite "enjoyed" reading your account about moving into the unprepared house - though at the time, I know it was not enjoyable. Your story sounds like so many missionary stories I have read. God gets right down to business - and lays the cost upfront.

Your account reminds me when we went to the mission field. During our first month there, every day, I would find at least one scorpion somewhere in our house - in the sheets, in my shoes, behind boxes, in pots and pans etc. Not only that, but it was a hot climate and our windows had to be left open. We heard dogs all night, and then early in the morning the roosters started up. I was pregnant, sweating, exhausted, and covered with mosquito bites.

But the greatest challenge was learning how to live with a form conservatism that we have never experienced. Ex: We couldn't go swimming on Sunday because that was "sinful". And so we had to sweat inside. (Suffering for the wrong gospel)

Anyway, I learned to rejoice that many people were getting saved in spite of us through our Christian Radio Broadcasts. God is amazing!!!!

Compton's personal account of suffering financial loss, and then forgiving the offender was an encouragement to me. God has placed me in a parallel situtation.

Many of our losses are the result of sinful violations against us. Those losses are the hardest to accept because we are called to surrender our desire for justice (vengeance) - and that is the hardest thing to let go of in the whole world.

But, God did that for us through his Son! How I praise him for his forgiveness and mercy and grace!
Diane

2006/3/11 9:39Profile
pastorfrin

Re: and that is the hardest thing to let go of in the whole world.

Hi Diane,and everyone of you out there.

I only have a minute, weekend and I must finish up for tomorrow. I only wish I could one time feel ready to deliver His Word. After all these years its still like my first sermon. He always comes through and I know He is going to, but the anticipation never goes away. I guess I'm happy it does'nt, I supose if it ever does its time to retire, from here to there.

I think the reason it is the hardest thing to do is because our forgiveness hinges on us forgiving.Mark 11;25,26. Is it a matter of power we feel we have over someone, to fogive or not to forgive. I will forgive you if? The enemy of
our souls loves for us to take on this posture
of heart. It seperates us from Grace. To receive it we must show it, no exceptions.
We are saved by becoming poor in spirit and unforgiveness is from a proud and haughty spirit.
To know Him and the power of His resurrection and entering into into the fellowship of His sufferings,allows us to be able to say along with
Him, Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
This in turn causes us to become conformable unto His death.The means by which we attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
WE MUST KNOW HIM!
Ps. 61:1,2 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Thanks everyone for your comments, must run for now, back Monday Lord willing.

Love to all,

Just a country preacher,

pastorfrin

2006/3/11 14:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy