SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tongues

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
warriorofgod

Re:

I do not disagree with scripture on baptism of the holy ghost but if anyone can try to help me know how can you tell the difference. There seems to be tongue speakers but no discernment.

2006/2/26 20:22Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

This Tongue by the Holy Ghost,in the New Teatatment, Is A gift to spread the Good News!!,in Foreign Languages to foreign people.. Now I believe your ?? should state is their a language that you could speak like, the angles,or speak as them.in some form of un-human Language.only to edify ones self .but not understanding what is being said,to edify one's self??????

2006/2/26 21:24Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

There is both scripture to support tongues as a foreign language and tongues which has to be interpreted. I'm not talking about the foreign language one. I've been sudying this subject as i have said before. And I just want peoples biblical views and defense for this gift. So far what the bible says on the subject and what is happening today is completely contradictory to each other. If this gift is a biblical manifestation of the Holy spirit why are Catholics speaking in it? Why are many churches who exersice this gift uniting with the catholic church? And how are we to tell the difference between true and false tongues if there is indeed such a thing? They sound the same everywhere.

2006/2/26 21:50Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

Their is only (one Tongue!)That of the Holy Ghost spoke on the day of pentcost! ==that of a foreign language spoken,so that other's would Hear the Good News! in his or her own (dialect). The Birth of the Church Of Christ.... Now this new Movement of some "new tongue of angles"! started in 1960,by an episcopal priest in Ca.which has moved thur the Pentecostal,and many other churches.

2006/2/26 22:38Profile
abbiegrrl

In a desert...Central Indiana at the moment

Join the CLUB!

(Tongue--oops--in cheek!) Ok sorry.
I have had all kinds of "teachings" as well, on the subject, and I watned to first say that Krispy, u r the FIRST person I've ever known of that came through the Word of Faith movement and actually ended up SAVED!! NOT trying to be smart, just rejoicing!! Seriously.
But as for the tongues, I am grateful for the first poster, that they are searching for the answers. I too am one who must find the TRUTH as far as I can tell, b/c there is SO much c--p being taught!
I have been in A of G churches, among other mainstream denominations, and I have to say that if the ppl who "seem" to and/or "claim" to speak in tongues, actually DID, we would not have nearly the mess in the church that we have today.I read a book a few years ago by a little old Baptist lady, and it was the first time I'd ever seen it written down, what I had felt for so long; that it's is like a club, that ppl have to join the "tongues club", so they can be part of the "in" crowd, and cool, etc. She said that many of those who think they are speaking in tongues only do so when other ppl are around, so they can show that THEY ARE SO HOLY, and wear tongues like a badge.
Please don't get me wrong: I KNOW that it's real, and I know that God loves to give us the gifts, today. But doesn't it make sense, that ppl would try to find an easier softer way, than getting it from GOD---which might not come when WE want it, or HOW we want it, etc.... I was shocked when someone tried to tell my husband and I that we had to "help out" the Holy Ghost... Whatever happened to "as the Spirit gave utterance"??
I'm not 100% certain that it is THE sign of having been baptised in the Spirit, but ya know what? I really don't care. All I know, is that the Lord God searches our hearts, and I want to recieve anything that He wants to give me. I've heard enough times of ppl's accounts of actually GETTING the tongues, and it seems to be like a well-spring sort of thing, not at all like the way I've seen it in chruches--line up get prayed for and start talking, babbling or something! I swear, I feel pressured to DO SOMETHING when I've had ppl pray for me about this. To where I will not go forward for prayer, for this. Maybe sometime I will have the PAstor pray for me when it's not in front of everyone, but maybe I"ll just seek the LORD alone. He's given the REAL DEAL when ppl are alone in their prayer closets, right?
Life is really too short to settle for a fraud, IMHO.
Blessings
and great thread! :o)

2006/2/26 23:06Profile

Re:

Why would Satan counterfeit something ?

He only would counterfeit real things that may be a threat to him.

There is so much hogwash being passed off as "tongues" that we can barely discuss it anymore with all the hogwash flushing the real baby down the drain with it.

Very sad. We've discussed tongues on here before but if all we can get is the counterfeits and not the Word of God on this topic, we may as well not discuss any move of God at all, because just as Pharaoh's magicians came in and duplicated Moses' miracles, etc., that is what is happening to this subject. We're only hearing of Pharaoh's magicians and other sad stuff and not digging into the Word on this at all.

Former threads on this subject, stayed within the Word.

Greenquality, have you ever heard of Azusa Street ? That was way before 1960.

I don't feel like posting Greek on this thread now. We've cut ourselves off from the real because of phonies and I find it grievously sad.

Maybe we should just pray about it privately with God alone and forget the phonies long enough to hear from Him.

God love ya's all.
Annie

2006/2/26 23:18
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re: Join the CLUB!

Lets say my native tongue is french. and lets say i was there at the day of pentcost.I would hear That Good new's being preached in my native tongue to my ear, now in 1co13:1 Paul uses term "of angeles"-which means ( as a pastor or messenger)

2006/2/26 23:37Profile

Re:

I'll be sure to blacken "angels" out of my Bible and change it to whatever.

Green, you are more than entitled to your opinion and let others be entitled to there's ... isn't that what you were trying to say on that catholic thread ?

I'm sorry, but I'm what the old timers would call pentecostal. Of course, Pharaoh's magicians have dragged that title through the mud and now we've thrown out the teaching, even if you give it in Greek.

Peace to you GQ.
His Love.
Annie

2006/2/26 23:44
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

“I remember a man getting up and saying, "You know, brothers and sisters, I was here three weeks and then the Lord baptized me with the Holy Ghost and I began to speak with other tongues." I said, "Let us hear it. That's what I'm here for." But he would not talk in tongues. I was doing what others are doing today, confusing the 12th of I Corinthians with the 2nd of Acts. These two chapters deal with different things, one with the gifts of the Spirit, and the other with the Baptism of the Spirit with the accompanying sign. I did not understand this and so I said to the man, "Let's hear you speak in tongues." But he could not. He had not received the "gift" of tongues, but the Baptism.”

-Smith Wigglesworth, The Bible Evidence of the Baptism of the Spirit

2006/2/26 23:49Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

My questions are still not answered. Many seem to be believers in tongues yet we cannot figure why the catholics are speaking in them. If Satan would counterfiet those things that are a threat then why can't we tell the difference between true and false tongues? By the way, There were two different manifestations of tongues according to the bible. Acts chpter 2 says they heard each one speak in his own language and Corinthians says there was need of interpretation. but if the tongues being spoken today is indeed the same manifestation like the corinthian church, then why are the catholics speaking in them?

2006/2/26 23:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy