Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Most Prophetic Voice In America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
brotherdeweese

Brooklyn, New York USA

The Most Prophetic Voice In America

It's the ten year anniversary of when I went to Leonard Ravenhill's house. It was December of 1993.
While I was with Len, he asked me a question.
He asked, "Who do you think is the most prophetic voice in America?" I was silent. I heard the still small voice of the Spirit whisper "David Wilkerson."
I said to Len, "David Wilkerson." He said, "YES."
It made me think, Why is David Wilkerson the most prophetic voice in America? He sends out his newsletter to 800,000 people every three weeks
and he continues to issue severe warnings of God's judgment. Recently Pastor David said that it's because of God's mercy and the people interceding for the USA that has held back his judgment.

Your thoughts?

2003/12/17 14:42Profile
flyfishing

Re: The Most Prophetic Voice In America

Didnt dave wilkersen predict falsely a judgement and even set a date???

2004/2/11 10:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It's the ten year anniversary of when I went to Leonard Ravenhill's house. It was December of 1993.

That's a great privildge. I never knew about Leonard Ravenhill till about the year 2002. I am sure the meeting was a blessing, how was praying with him, would love to hear more of that experience.

Quote:

There is a book called the vision which he wrote down a vision God gave him. You can listen to an audio sermon of him sharing the vision with the congregation:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11]The Vision by David Wilkerson[/url]

It was wrote in april 1973 and there is a new re-print of it called "The vision and beyond" that was reprinted in this year 2003. here is the preface to this edition:

[b]Preface[/b]
Before you read this book, please read the following three statements!

By popular demand, we have reprinted [i]The Vision[/i] in its entirety and the message must be dated from April 1973. Beyond the original, only chapters seven and eight have been added. Many predictions of this vision have already been fulfilled, some will happen in near future, and others years to come. Please do not read this book with the expectation that all the calamities will happen overnight. I do believe that most of this vision will be fulfilled in our generation.

I do not intend for this vision to endorse any doctrinal position. When I speak about persecution of Christians, I am not referring to the Tribulation. I refuse to be drawn into any arguments about when Christians will be evacuated from this earth at the return of Christ. This vision is not a doctrinal statement.

This vision is not a "fear-mongering" message. A few people will suggest this vision will only help to bring about some of the calamities and that you "get what you preach." I disagree completely. That logic would suggest that Noah brought about the flood by warning about it. I have shared my vision and with this statement I will never again defend it. Its message can be tested only by time and events. God will be the judge and nothing my friends or enemies say can hinder me in my course to warn readers that these things be true.

David Wilkerson

2004/2/11 10:51Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Is there any web site or book out there that actually tries to show what prophecies have been fulfilled, and when they were?

2004/2/11 16:15Profile
flyfishing

Re: The Most Prophetic Voice In America

2004/2/12 2:56Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Flyfishing wrote: "Didnt dave wilkersen predict falsely a judgement and even set a date???"

Reply: To my knowledge David Wilkerson has never set dates. But I think you are missing the point that Leonard Ravenhill and the original poster were trying to make. Being a prophetic voice for God does not automatically entail predictive prophecy, but a clear understanding of the Word of God and what it is trying to convey to the people of this generation. David Wilkerson, in Nicky Cruze's book "A Final Warning", said that his understanding of what was coming to America, and the world for that matter, come from reading the Bible and seeing how God dealt with nations in the past.

I believe this site is potentially a prophetic voice. I wish that every pulpit in the world were a prophetic voice. Moses wished that all of Israel were prophets. A prophet doesn't just predict, he warns, he sees the sin that people are blind to and cries out and exposes it, often at his own peril and reputation. We certainly see men like David Wilkerson attacked and misunderstood and belittled by people who have either been misinformed or simply just don't like his messages.

David Wilkerson, and others like him are crying out against the sin in the body of Christ and weeping for the lost and persuading many to enter the narrow gate. That, I believe, makes him a prophetic voice. Would to God that we were all like that.

In Christ
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/2/12 5:17Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I believe this site is potentially a prophetic voice.

What a statement!
I heartily agree.

As far as the original question goes try a search on Art Katz here or check out [url=www.benisrael.org]www.benisrael.org[/url]

2004/2/12 5:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
To my knowledge David Wilkerson has never set dates.

I think he has but that is not important, David Wilkerson is [b]not[/b] a prophet. He is a watchman for the American nation. There is a vast difference between the two. [color=CC0000]'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'[/color]

Quote:
David Wilkerson, and others like him are crying out against the sin in the body of Christ and weeping for the lost and persuading many to enter the narrow gate. That, I believe, makes him a prophetic voice. Would to God that we were all like that.

A prophetic voice is just not times and dates but more of a burden and message.

Quote:
As far as the original question goes try a search on Art Katz here or check out www.benisrael.org

Art Katz is very stirring and has alot of powerful messages to the church. He is definetly worth a listen.

2004/2/12 6:44Profile
flyfishing

Re:

I dont know that i have ever seen the ministry of a watchman seperatd from the prophetic. My point was that man is only man no matter who they are.. and what they say must line up with GODS word, which if wilkersen set dates and was proved false the bible puts him in the same company as john edwards a false prophet. people need to stop looking at guys like wilkersen and elevating them on a pedestal..

2004/2/12 8:25Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

I would consider it an extreme honor, to wich I am not worthy of, to be placed in the company of men like David Wilkerson and Johnathon Edwards.

In Christ
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/2/12 8:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy