SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Night and day on my knees

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Been listening to the Revival series and I got to tell you, if we don't have a revival soon I think I am going to die of a crushed spirit.

Yes those revival series messages really dealt with my heart and showed me the intense need for revival in our day.

Quote:
I was struck with fear, fear of the wrath of a Holy God...I can't explain, I just cried, it caused me to back away from my Bible in sheer terror....I am fumbling for words here...I understand God's grace, mercy and love in a limited fashion. But it was like I was given just a glimpse, a revelation of His wrath, judgement, justice.

Praise God. Thanks for sharing Mike, I think we all need a [b]glimpse[/b] of this.

2004/1/1 23:04Profile
dualj

Re: Night and day on my knees

I love modern music, so as long as the people playing it love Jesus, and it's done to Him rather than to the congregation.

If you can't think to pray when the praise and worship is going on, perhaps you are trying to pray and intercede out of season. Would'nt that indeed be distracting? Trying to dress for winter during the summer sure gets uncomfortable!

But next time everyone is dancing and shouting and praising the Lord, and your trying to weep and wail and intercede, and you find that you can't think with all these happy people distracting you, you might consider getting up and putting a smile on your face, and start dancing and shouting, and you'll feel much better, and you'll appreciate the loud music much more, because it will help you to shout and praise the Lord louder without drawing attention to yourself. :)

2Chronicles 5:12-14 Also the Levites which were the singers, all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them a hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets:) (13) It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth forever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD; (14) So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.

2004/7/8 17:47Profile
Christian

Washington DC

Re: The Pilgrim's Progress

CHRISTIAN: He bid me with speed get rid of my burden; and I told him it was ease that I sought. And, said I, I am therefore going to yonder gate, to receive farther direction how I may get to the place of deliverance. So he said that he would show me a better way, and short, not so attended with difficulties as the way, sir, that you set me in; which way, said he, will direct you to a gentleman’s house that hath skill to take off these burdens: so I believed him, and turned out of that way into this, if haply I might be soon eased of my burden. But when I came to this place, and beheld things as they are, I stopped, for fear (as I said) of danger: but I now know not what to do.

EVANGELIST: Then said Evangelist, Stand still a little, that I show thee the words of God. So he stood trembling. Then said Evangelist, “See that ye refuse not Him that speaketh; for if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him that speaketh from heaven.” Heb. 12:25. He said, moreover, “Now the just shall live by faith; but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” Heb. 10:38. He also did thus apply them: Thou art the man that art running into this misery; thou hast begun to reject the counsel of the Most High, and to draw back thy foot from the way of peace, even almost to the hazarding of thy perdition.

Then Christian fell down at his feet as dead, crying, Woe is me, for I am undone! At the sight of which Evangelist caught him by the right hand, saying, “All manner of sin and blasphemies shall be forgiven unto men.” Matt. 12:31. “Be not faithless, but believing.” John 20:27. Then did Christian again a little revive, and stood up trembling, as at first, before Evangelist.

Then Evangelist proceeded, saying, Give more earnest heed to the things that I shall tell thee of. I will now show thee who it was that deluded thee, and who it was also to whom he sent thee. The man that met thee is one Worldly Wiseman, and rightly is he so called; partly because he savoreth only the doctrine of this world, 1 John 4:5, (therefore he always goes to the town of Morality to church;) and partly because he loveth that doctrine best, for it saveth him best from the cross, Gal. 6:12: and because he is of this carnal temper, therefore he seeketh to pervert my ways, though right. Now there are three things in this man’s counsel that thou must utterly abhor.

1. His turning thee out of the way.

2. His laboring to render the cross odious to thee.

3. And his setting thy feet in that way that leadeth unto the administration of death.

First, Thou must abhor his turning thee out of the way; yea, and thine own consenting thereto; because this is to reject the counsel of God for the sake of the counsel of a Worldly Wiseman. The Lord says, “Strive to enter in at the straight gate,” Luke 13:24, the gate to which I send thee; “for strait is the gate that leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matt. 7:13,14. From this little wicket-gate, and from the way thereto, hath this wicked man turned thee, to the bringing of thee almost to destruction: hate, therefore, his turning thee out of the way, and abhor thyself for hearkening to him.

Secondly, Thou must abhor his laboring to render the cross odious unto thee; for thou art to prefer it before the treasures of Egypt. Heb. 11:25,26. Besides, the King of glory hath told thee, that he that will save his life shall lose it. And he that comes after him, and hates not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be his disciple. Mark 8:38; John 12:25; Matt. 10:39; Luke 14:26. I say, therefore, for a man to labor to persuade thee that that shall be thy death, without which, the truth hath said, thou canst not have eternal life, this doctrine thou must abhor.

Thirdly, Thou must hate his setting of thy feet in the way that leadeth to the ministration of death. And for this thou must consider to whom he sent thee, and also how unable that person was to deliver thee from thy burden.

He to whom thou wast sent for ease, being by name Legality, is the son of the bond-woman which now is, and is in bondage with her children, Gal. 4:21-27, and is, in a mystery, this Mount Sinai, which thou hast feared will fall on thy head. Now if she with her children are in bondage, how canst thou expect by them to be made free? This Legality, therefore, is not able to set thee free from thy burden. No man was as yet ever rid of his burden by him; no, nor ever is like to be: ye cannot be justified by the works of the law; for by the deeds of the law no man living can be rid of his burden: Therefore Mr. Worldly Wiseman is an alien, and Mr. Legality is a cheat; and for his son Civility, notwithstanding his simpering looks, he is but a hypocrite, and cannot help thee. Believe me, there is nothing in all this noise that thou hast heard of these sottish men, but a design to beguile thee of thy salvation, by turning thee from the way in which I had set thee. After this, Evangelist called aloud to the heavens for confirmation of what he had said; and with that there came words and fire out of the mountain under which poor Christian stood, which made the hair of his flesh stand up. The words were pronounced: “As many as are of the works of the law, are under the curse; for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.” Gal. 3:10.

Now Christian looked for nothing but death, and began to cry out lamentably; even cursing the time in which he met with Mr. Worldly Wiseman; still calling himself a thousand fools for hearkening to his counsel. He also was greatly ashamed to think that this gentleman’s arguments, flowing only from the flesh, should have the prevalency with him so far as to cause him to forsake the right way. This done, he applied himself again to Evangelist in words and sense as follows.

Christian Merlino

2004/7/12 11:28Profile
tjadens_monk

Re:

a lot of heavy things in here. Night and day prayer is a must. I read recently of Spurgeon something to the effect of "the prayer on the alter in the closet should be burning continually." When we assemble together as believers, it is this fire that collects, grows and burns so strongly. What moves us to pray but the urging of the Spirit, and the sight of our poverty, blindness and nakedness?

what a state to be living in. one would point to the feast days and the praise of the living man, but what of the daughters of Jerusalem, the state of the church, the absence of the word of the Lord, and the absence of the bridegroom.

it all seems to go in a cycle. mourning and fasting and weeping and interceeding, then the joy of the Lord being set before us, the fear of the Lord moving in front of us, the steadfast promise of the almighty One and the praise of the people ... then back to the groaning and mourning for His Church to be changed from glory to glory and His imminent return ... it's enough to think our hope might be deferred! But He is true.

It is odd. The rending of hearts prepare the way for the Lord as told in Joel and the praising and rejoicing brought the presence of the Lord in 2 Chronicals. And then Jesus says Jerusalem will no longer see him until she proclaims "blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord", obviously a declaration of praise. the struggle, the paradox! But you know, I suppose praise is a from of prayer. Watchman Nee wrote "what prayer may fail to accomplish, praise can. ... We usually think that as long as a burden is heavy we should pray, and when the prayer is over, it is time to praise. Indeed when a burden is heavy we should pray, yet sometimes it becomes so heavy that we are unable to do so. This then, is the time for praise. Do not wait until the burden is over before you start to praise." any thoughts?

~ Clayton

2004/11/28 16:09Profile
Christian

Washington DC

Re: Night and Day on My Knees

“The joy of the lord is with them that fear Him”. In one of the great turning points in my life I can remember being under much agony in prayer. Yet at the same time such a tremendous inward joy had come over me. I actually questioned this joy in such dire striates. That was 15 years ago, and night and day on my knees was the result.

It has been some time since I wrote this letter.
Much has happened; the opposition I received in the institutional church is tremendous. The agony in prayer for this lost generation still lies heavy upon my heart. But the one point that I stand on is the wonderful joy of Him, Jesus, when I am alone on my knees with my savior. May the Lord Jesus step down and rend the heavens and shake the mountains.

Christian Merlino Nov 29, 2004

2004/11/29 7:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Christian Merlino Nov 29, 2004

Ahhh dear brother Christian!! I am glad to see you back and sharing your heart with the body that is gathered at this site. Please do feel free to share more your emphasis and heart is something people need to hear more. Be blessed dear brother.

2004/11/29 10:40Profile

Re: This may well be the most important....

....thread in this forum currently.

On the one hand, I'm so encouraged. This is the first place that I have found any allies in this area. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your courage.

A few years ago I was attending this church that had early morning prayer meetings each weekday. Then they went to 3 times a week. Now, it has ceased. So tragic. I was at one of these meetings when one of the elders told me, "you know, I have a lovely wife, a beautiful home, 2 beautiful children and a precious grandbaby. I am in need of nothing". The parallel to Rev. 3 makes my flesh tremble. This person is a clean living man as far as I can see. He is warm, caring etc. But I know he missed the similarity. I didn't. I was in tears. How widespread this spiritual disease of prosperity really is.
I've been begging my wife to trash our two tv's. You know, the open pipelines to hell's gates? She is reluctant because she likes to watch it. I've been so convicted about it for so long. I've been praying for God to change her heart as well. Sadly, she see's no alternative, even when she knows that God would fellowship with her. My, my.
If it's in my home, I often watch it too. That makes it even worse. I hate it because I do. Thank God.
Saints, a book could easily be written about this. Speaking of which, are all these messages in printed form somewhere? I don't hear too well, an find the audio difficult to follow. I'd love to read them all. Any help?
Also, could it be that we are in the fix we are now in part because we've all but annialated apostles, prophets, evangelists and teachers? I think so. It's kinda like a child being raised with only one parent. God gave all 5 and more to the church for the training of the saints. But pastors have built kindoms of their own that prosper themselves the most. Their god has become their belly. They do not want to share the tithe with any others. Furthermore, many are petrified that their lack of spirituality may be discovered if a real man/woman of God came on the scene. When this does happen, the new person's character is assassinated at the earliest opportunity.
I could go on, but I'll stop. Thank you again for your candor, love, and fear in trembling. Please pray for me, a man terribly undone.

2005/1/31 16:33
Tears_of_joy

Re: Night and day on my knees

brother Christian, where are you?

[b]Preach brother![/b]

2006/12/4 1:17Profile

Re: Digging around brings some blessings to the surface...

As I was browsing through the forum I came across this thread from a couple years back and was very blessed. If you have time to read over this, it is very encouraging.

Quote:
Christian: Oh how we must fight and pray! So many are going to hell! We must pray, rise early, get alone with God. Jesus’ honor is a stake; I will not dishonor him by prayerlessness. I will not be blinded but will look to Jesus at all cost.

I will worship the lord Jesus.
Night and day on my knees I will go.
Onward to victory,
In Christ Jesus our lord.

[b]Night and day on my knees .
Night and day on my knees.[/b]

Quote:
Sermonindex: Martin Luther said that before God chooses to do a big thing in His church He sets a people praying.

Quote:
Sermonindex: YES! this is life and death Christians, we need to get serious and realize what is happening all around us in the church and in the world. How fast this life is over, how well will you use it to glory the one who purchased it with His blood.

Is the way you are living today worth Christ dying for?
-Leonard Ravenhill

Quote:
SermonIndex:Lets be honest brothers and sisters in our day the solution is not to be more doctrinally sound in our churches. I am tired with spending my energies and time fighting in churches and fellowships over small doctrinal differences. The churches overall are backslidden, how much of a difference are we making in society, in our cities, how much of an impact is your life having in this world. The group of 150 disciples turned the world upside down, or at aleast a city, couldn't it be the same for us. We need to be God consumed people, we all need God more in our life's. This is the dire need of the day, how much are you willing to sacrifice, is the life you are living now worth Christ dying for? We need revival will it begin with you?

Quote:
crsschk:We need a prophet like him (Leonard Ravenhill) even more so now.
But who would listen? Seriously.
A few? Could the churches stand to hear a message of repentence, judgement, wrath, hell?
Surrender?

Quote:
crsschk:Have mercy on us Lord.
Save us from ourselves

Quote:
crsschk:"Everywhere I travel, I keep hearing the defensive teaching that fervent, heartfelt prayer is really overrated and not necessary today. Since God is love, some people reason, we just have to ask once and politely for what we need and everything will turn out fine. No need today for prayer meetings and prolonged times of waiting on the Lord, no sir. No need for anyone to persevere in prayer until the answer comes. No, that's part of an-old-fashioned, out-of-date theology that belongs to another era."

Jim Cymbala in "Breakthrough Prayer"

Overrated?
This admission is startling.
Is it any wonder, why, we are lifeless, lukewarm, dying.....content? Content with the way thing's are?

Quote:
Christian: Much has happened; the opposition I received in the institutional church is tremendous. The agony in prayer for this lost generation still lies heavy upon my heart. But the one point that I stand on is the wonderful joy of Him, Jesus, when I am alone on my knees with my savior. May the Lord Jesus step down and rend the heavens and shake the mountains.

So many rich things to think about...'night and day on my knees'...wow.

2007/2/15 20:11
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have been wanting to be night and day on my knees, with the 24-7 prayer room I did a few days.
I want to have iron knees since my grandpa dying I have found it hard to pray.
Praying night and day on your knees is a cool concept was it Moses who prayed 80 days straight and Elijah 40 days straight with fasting and praying.
I so want to be like them.
I can even pray one day like that!!

2007/2/15 20:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy